Print

Author Topic: New Smash Bros: Use of Games That Have Come Out Since Brawl  (Read 23412 times)

« on: June 20, 2011, 05:00:08 PM »
In Smash Bros. Brawl, many characters, stages, and more were based on games that had come out between Melee and Brawl, such as Super Mario Sunshine, Zelda Windwaker, Pikmin, and many more.

In this thread we can discuss what elements will be used from games that came out (and will come out) after Brawl in the next Smash Bros. games, the ones for the 3DS and Wii U that were confirmed at E3 this year.

I can see Nintendo making the train from Zelda Spirit Tracks be a level, having a yarn-themed stage based on Kirby's Epic Yarn, along with Prince Fluff from that game be a character.

What do you think could be used in the next Smash Bros. games based on the video games that came out after Brawl?

Gently push a piece of the tube containing the intersection along the fourth dimension, out of the original three dimensional space.
- WIkipedia page on the Klein bottle

« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2011, 05:29:25 PM »
I can't imagine Price Fluff becoming a playable character; he's a one-off from a relatively underwhelming instalment. It would be like including Gooey from Kirby's Dream Land 3.

There'll definitely be at least one level based on a stage from Super Mario Galaxy and/or SMG2.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2011, 06:32:45 PM »
Probably Wuhu Island or some [dukar]. Also, a Phantom Hourglass/Spirit Tracks Phantom as a character or trophy seems plausible. Otherwise, what everyone else said.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2011, 07:54:57 PM »
Sadly, Miis will probably used in some form.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2011, 08:27:37 PM »
Well, Mega Man 9 and 10 came out since Brawl...

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2011, 08:52:30 PM »
I think they should focus on Mega Man 1 through 6 before they start touching the more recent entries. Not that there's much they'd probably implement beyond just Mega Man himself...

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2011, 09:42:25 PM »
Just Brawl? Dude you realize that the newest franchise represented in Brawl was ****ing Pikmin right? They should think about what they've created since 2001 first
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2011, 11:32:17 AM »
Why is it sad that Miis will be used?  Miis are one of Nintendo's biggest successes in years, and I think Wuhu Island would make a great stage.  Should a Mii be a playable character?  Maybe!  Miis have done so much at this point they'd be pretty easy to invent a move set for.  To me Smash Bros. games are a celebration of Nintendo's long and varied history, good and bad, and I'd hardly calls Miis bad.   

I think this is an exciting time to brainstorm about possibilities for this game, because Sakurai and his team aren't even to this stage of development yet!  In theory we'll be hashing out ideas at the same time as the team actually working on the game. 

I can't help but wonder who'll get cut and who'll come back.  If the jump from Melee to Brawl is any indication, I could see us losing one of the Fire Emblem characters, Lucario getting switched out for Zoarork, and maybe losing Wolf, similarly to how we lost Dr. Mario. 

There really haven't been all that many new franchises since Pikmin.  Animal Crossing already has coverage with the Smash Town level.  Other than that there's the Mii series games, ExciteTruck/Bots and... I think that's it?  I'd say Advance Wars deserves a playable character/level.

Playable Ridley.  I don't care if he has to be scaled down a little bit, but I want 'im.  Metroid needs more than one character, and Ridley is IT!  If Bowser can be playable, Ridley can too. 

Who knows if we'll see non-Nintendo guest characters again?  It'd be cool, but I can also live without 'em.  Snake and Sonic would of course be welcome faces again, but I'd for sure trade Snake for:
-classic Mega Man
-Pac-Man
-Simon Belmont

Don't get me wrong, Snake is super cool, but I feel like his contributions are much more about modern(ish) gaming and cinematic gaming, whereas the dudes listed are very old school, and more in line with Nintendo design philosophies.  All three of those dudes would also have KILLER levels. 
Haters gonna hate

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2011, 01:19:42 PM »
Virtual Console should be an Assist Trophy. It would turn everyone except the user into 8 bit sprites, reducing their speed and power.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2011, 02:28:27 PM »
Well, that's...appalling.

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2011, 02:57:17 PM »
Why am I not surprised?

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2011, 03:06:58 PM »
Headline-article disconnect. Thanks, games press.

As I said in the chatroom this morning when the article was linked there, there is a huge difference between "no plans for new games we just announced" and "we need team members for the new games we just announced, and it'll be a few years before the games happen."

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2011, 04:46:56 PM »
Video game journalism would be much less of a joke if the average video game journalist could be presumed to know something either about video games or journalism. Most know nothing about either and are just mediocre-caliber nerds who were in the right place at the right time.

</irrelevant rant>
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2011, 06:39:34 PM »
Correction: Most are just mediocre-calibre nerds who think they know what they're talking about, and were in the right place at the right time.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 11:10:20 PM by Weegee »

« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2011, 11:01:10 PM »
And there goes the last vestiges of my enthusiasm for the Wii-U.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2011, 11:28:51 PM »
C'mooooonnnnn you gotta be kidding, what if they made it a launch title, and then next year they made some brand new games as good as Punch-Out!!? Heck, if it were a launch title, it would automatically kick out EVERYTHING new to the Wii U... unless DLC happened

Granted, there was almost nothing new and amazing on the Wii that was first-party Nintendo besides Punch-Out!!, so there's not a whole lot to compare the situation to... but man, it would've been well worth another year's wait for more Punch-Out!! presence in Brawl.

I guess it would be entirely on-topic to talk about what I want from Brawl that would be inspired by 2009's Punch-Out!!. I bet I've rambled on about this some time in the past but OH WELL I DO IT AGAIN

· Playable Little Mac is a given, of course. He doesn't have many of his own unique moves besides the Star Punch, but I don't suppose it would be too strange to have him borrow some of his opponents' punches like a quicker version of Bear Hugger's Bear Hug, a more streamlined version of Super Macho Man's clothesline, or a less fab-u-lous version of Disco Kid's counter.
· An item, the boxing glove on a rope used by Aran Ryan. I guess characters would swing it over their heads before tossing it, or maybe use it as a tether recovery, or whatever
· A stage set in a boxing ring. To call back to Super Punch-Out!!, Mario and Luigi could appear in the stands when not in play. Donkey Kong would have to appear back there as well. If Little Mac is in play, Doc would stand close to the ring, eating obscene amounts of chocolate, and Mac could do a Smash Taunt like Snake can in Shadow Moses Island and the Star Fox characters can in their stages. When he does, Doc would quip about one of Mac's opponents, like

On Mario: Hey Mac... bet you never thought you'd see Mario in the ring with you... again! Hahahaha!
On Bowser: Listen here Mac Baby, if Bowser kidnaps my chocolate bars, I'm countin' on you to get 'em back for me, okay?
On Wario: Hoo-wee, Mac! That's one nice bike! Think that when Wario ain't lookin', you can grab it for me?
On Zelda: It ain't nice to hit a girl, son. But maybe Princess Zelda will do somethin' about that for ya, ahahahaha!
On Pikachu: Hey Mac Baby, why you punchin' Pikachu? You don't know what it's like bein' picked on by somebody twice yo' size! Oh wait a second, maybe ya do! Hahahahahaha!

Etc.

And I guess the stage could be like Spear Pillar and have variations, the Minor, Major and World Circuit rings.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2011, 11:53:14 PM »
I'm still waiting for my Animal Crossing guy.

« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2011, 11:22:35 AM »
And there goes the last vestiges of my enthusiasm for the Wii-U.

I keep seeing this mentality pop up on the internet, and it cracks me up.  The system is 1+ year away.  No specs have been announced, no launch line-up has been announced, any games that ARE in development are at too early of a stage to show.  But tons of people online are calling the system a failure.  That would be like if I said "Man PlayStation 4 sucks, Sony really blew it there."  Or maybe "I can't believe what a piece of crap X-Box 720 is.  What a flop!"

They announced new Smash Bros..  It's not like they said it was X% complete or gave a release date.  Sakurai's stressed because Iwata made the announcement before he had a team in place, but also recognizes that this is a good way to get a team together.  Smash 4 (I like Rumble, do you guys like Rumble?  Super Smash Bros. Rumble!) is probably about 2-3 years away.  That's a long time, and I can't imagine it'll be available at launch (though I could definitely see Wii U getting pushed back), but it's good to know Nintendo recognizes what an important series this is, and is keeping it a top priority.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 11:24:14 AM by billy chilly »
Haters gonna hate

« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2011, 02:05:59 PM »
I think that some of it is because of the strange things that Nintendo actually IS revealing that are making people get up in arms.  Things like only one of the screen controllers per Wii U.  Like, even if you did have multiple controllers, only one works with the system at a time.  At least, I know thats my main moment of disbelief. 
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

CrossEyed7

« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2011, 11:07:54 PM »
All we have to go on for that is a guy on the floor of E3 that said you can't buy them separately, and Iwata saying that it's capable of using multiple controllers but they're focusing primarily on single-controller games right now because of potential cost issues.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2011, 11:56:42 PM »
Ah, see, the articles I read said that the system was unable to use more than one, but now a quick search shows Iwatas statement that it's not the focus to have more controllers. Only slightly related, but that bothers me is that people excuse it because it would be too much to ask to have multiple streaming videos going. We were already doing this on the GCN. 
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2011, 11:59:35 PM »
Anyone who engages in local multiplayer isn't hardcore enough for the Wii U anyway.

« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2011, 04:04:25 PM »
Just Brawl? Dude you realize that the newest franchise represented in Brawl was ****ing Pikmin right? They should think about what they've created since 2001 first

Elektro-Plankton (or however you spell it) says hi.

Seriously though, they have other good franchises that need recognition.

I almost feel like the SSB series is the equivalent to a high school popularity contest in some ways.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2011, 05:49:36 PM »
I dunno... if it was, I doubt we'd ever have gotten the Ice Climbers before Meta Knight (among others).

Elektro-Plankton (or however you spell it) says hi.
It's one word. But in any case, I'm not sure a one-off "game" designed by some Japanese composer with a minimum release counts as a franchise. Then again, I suppose they had those DSiWare minigames, or whatever... Not that it was bad, though (although $40 was pushing it).

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2011, 07:55:04 PM »
I almost feel like the SSB series is the equivalent to a high school popularity contest in some ways.

Let's have Capcom make it, and then Mario won't be in it :)   )
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2011, 08:17:03 PM »
I thought of a few (non-technical) stats for Miis:

Moves:
Throw bowling ball (Wii Sports)
Wii Sports Resort saber\lance\sword\whatever
Jetpack (Pilotwings Resort?)

Final Smash:
Mii Parade

Stages:
PictoChat 2
Mii Channel
[someone else please complete moveset]
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 08:22:35 PM by bobbysq1337 »

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2011, 08:59:09 PM »
I got a better idea

Final Smash: Replace

The Mii gets a close up and in a booming echoey voice, says, "Don'tcha wanna play with MII?" Everyone else's characters become Miis. Forever. As in, if the other players were Link and Kirby, Link and Kirby are no longer in the game. For anyone in the world.
It's YOUR problem!

A

« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2011, 12:26:57 AM »
If I can't have the Ouendan guys fighting against Mega Man on F-Zero cars, I will not buy this game.
"I was going to post and say "I have one of those!" because I recognized the hair immediately, but then the rest of the pic loaded and I nearly spit my drink out."
1-800-COLLECT: SAVE A BUCK OR TWO!!

« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2011, 04:15:31 AM »
I keep seeing this mentality pop up on the internet, and it cracks me up.  The system is 1+ year away.  No specs have been announced, no launch line-up has been announced, any games that ARE in development are at too early of a stage to show.  But tons of people online are calling the system a failure.  That would be like if I said "Man PlayStation 4 sucks, Sony really blew it there."  Or maybe "I can't believe what a piece of crap X-Box 720 is.  What a flop!"

I'm not calling it a failure? Only that I'm not particularly excited for it, probably only about as much (or less) than the next Sony or Microsoft consoles. I think I'm perfectly justified in not being particularly excited about something that, so far, has failed to really make me want the Wii U.

That said, the news that it won't be restricted in terms of the number of controllers is definitely good. That would have proven a disaster for good ol' Ninty.

As for games since Brawl? The new Fire Emblem entry, whatever it is, looks like a cert to have a representative. It would be nice to have Captain Rainbow, but I doubt it'll happen...

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2011, 09:58:19 AM »
I'm pretty excited for this game and the Wii U.

I'm surprised people online are already bashing it when they haven't even played it. I saw several articles that detailed the experience playing the Wii U, and most of the authors said it was very enjoyable.

The funny thing is Nintendo is the only one doing any innovation nowadays. They're not afraid to take risks like other companies, and when they succeed all the other companies steal their ideas, claim them as their own, and say it's innovation. Look at the Move and Kinect...

On top of that there's this unnecessary argument about Nintendo not delivering "core" games to its audience. Mario, Zelda and the like are most definitely under the "hardcore" classification of games; they've been around much longer than any generic FPS (Call of Duty) and have tons and tons more depth in them. People also expect online play, but online communities are mostly flooded with spammers, hackers, and immature six-year olds cursing. These are some reasons I don't like this generation of gamers...
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2011, 12:46:00 PM »
In the next Smash Bros. Samus will probably have variations on "THE BABY" and "ADAM" for all her taunts and victory poses.  Instead of tripping, she'll freeze up and start bawling every now and then for no apparent reason.  Her special moves will all be unavailable when the battle starts and unlock over time as Adam authorizes her to use them.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2011, 05:04:27 PM »

As for games since Brawl? The new Fire Emblem entry, whatever it is, looks like a cert to have a representative.

The new Fire Emblem entry is a remake of a game starring Marth. :P

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2011, 07:12:15 PM »
FIRE EMBLEM REPS: MARTH AND MARTH

THE TEAMUP OF THE CENTURY
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2011, 08:15:16 PM »

Oh God, don't say that, the tourney-tards will hear you.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2011, 10:38:50 PM »
They're never gonna stop playing Melee bro
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2011, 08:14:12 AM »
In the next Smash Bros. Samus will probably have variations on "THE BABY" and "ADAM" for all her taunts and victory poses.  Instead of tripping, she'll freeze up and start bawling every now and then for no apparent reason.  Her special moves will all be unavailable when the battle starts and unlock over time as Adam authorizes her to use them.

Other M makes me want to pull out all my hair.  If Smash 4 makes absolutely no reference to that turd souffle whatsoever I'll be the happiest camper alive.  I doubt we'll be that lucky.  WHY TEAM NINJA, WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?
Haters gonna hate

« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2011, 06:45:01 PM »
I got a better idea

Final Smash: Replace

The Mii gets a close up and in a booming echoey voice, says, "Don'tcha wanna play with MII?" Everyone else's characters become Miis. Forever. As in, if the other players were Link and Kirby, Link and Kirby are no longer in the game. For anyone in the world.
What's wrong with Link and Kirby?

« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2011, 07:29:43 PM »
I'd like to see The Mole Train from Donkey Kong Country Returns as a stage.

« Reply #39 on: June 29, 2011, 08:15:24 PM »
I think the Donkey Kong stage will most likely be based off of Donkey Kong Country Returns. I like your idea, but every DK stage so far besides 75M has been based off of a jungle area.
Gently push a piece of the tube containing the intersection along the fourth dimension, out of the original three dimensional space.

« Reply #40 on: June 29, 2011, 08:46:54 PM »
If the Mario Kart tracks are any indication of what may happen in other games, the next DK stage will be a snow based DKC locale. (The new DK tracks in MKDS and MKW both are snow tracks..)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #41 on: June 29, 2011, 09:12:48 PM »
They should just retcon Donkey Kong into a Russian
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #42 on: June 29, 2011, 11:48:12 PM »
You know, I never really understood how those two levels were Donkey Kong levels. In fact a lot of Mario Kart levels seem to slap various characters' names on them and maybe put one symbol of their character in the stage: Daisy Circuit, Yoshi Falls, Wario Stadium, etc.

« Reply #43 on: June 30, 2011, 08:29:06 AM »
Wario Stadium (ethier one, as there were two) seemed to make the most sense to me. I could totally see Wario being a fan of dirt bike races, and think "Well hey, let's make a track based off of that" (assuming characters get to design their own tracks.. [I know that's not how it really works. Just go with me..])

« Reply #44 on: June 30, 2011, 11:07:46 AM »
I'd like to see The Mole Train from Donkey Kong Country Returns as a stage.

This would be awesome. 

I think they do just slap a character onto a course design for Mario Kart levels.  Toad's Turnpike anyone?
Haters gonna hate

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #45 on: June 30, 2011, 12:03:35 PM »
Well, it's like the restaurants at Disneyland: There doesn't have to be any inherent connection, as long as some character is getting mentioned.

« Reply #46 on: June 30, 2011, 02:33:09 PM »
Oh yeah, it doesn't bother me, and usually Nintendo's good at matching a character to a course that makes sense.  Wario  and Waluigi being loud, chaotic and obnoxious fit well with various stadiums and arenas, Yoshi and DK usually get jungle-themed, mountainous areas, Koopa Troopa Beach always made sense to me, etc.... really the only one that truly struck me as "hey let's slap a character on this and call it a day" is Toad's Turnpike.  And when you're one of the coolest Mario Kart courses of all time, you can get away with that sort of thing.  <3 Toad's Turnpike.  I'd REALLY like to see that come back as a Retro Track. 

While later Mario Kart games had similarly themed levels, there's something about Toad's Turnpike that makes it special.  Maybe it's just nostalgia, but I think it's a lot of different things.  The music is fantastic, the level itself is simple, letting you focus on weaving between cars, and you gotta love it in Mirror Mode.  One thing that I really dig though is that it feels like it takes place in the "real"/"our" world, and that's something that the later "big city" courses never captured. 
Haters gonna hate

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #47 on: June 30, 2011, 03:17:03 PM »
Not many of Mario Kart 64's tracks feel like they're in Mario's world. I like them, but a lot of MK64 is weird. Even Bowser's Castle...

I think Toad's Factory makes the least sense of anything in the series. What is Toad mass-producing

It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #48 on: June 30, 2011, 03:34:31 PM »
What is Toad mass-producing

Concentrated mushrooms. It's Soylent Green for the Mario universe.

« Reply #49 on: June 30, 2011, 03:36:06 PM »
Actually, that one could make the most sense: As there are Item Box logos everywhere, they're making item boxes. Of all kinds. Not just the ones that appear in Mario Kart games, but possibly other spinoffs too, or even boxes some for the main series.

Since Toad is often connected to handing out items, it could make sense for him to have the course on which they are mass-produced.

Concentrated mushrooms. It's Soylent Green for the Mario universe.

SUPER GREEN IS MUSHROOM PEOPLE

CrossEyed7

« Reply #50 on: June 23, 2015, 10:29:34 PM »
If Little Mac is in play, Doc would stand close to the ring, eating obscene amounts of chocolate, and Mac could do a Smash Taunt like Snake can in Shadow Moses Island and the Star Fox characters can in their stages. When he does, Doc would quip about one of Mac's opponents, like

On Mario: Hey Mac... bet you never thought you'd see Mario in the ring with you... again! Hahahaha!
On Bowser: Listen here Mac Baby, if Bowser kidnaps my chocolate bars, I'm countin' on you to get 'em back for me, okay?
On Wario: Hoo-wee, Mac! That's one nice bike! Think that when Wario ain't lookin', you can grab it for me?
On Zelda: It ain't nice to hit a girl, son. But maybe Princess Zelda will do somethin' about that for ya, ahahahaha!
On Pikachu: Hey Mac Baby, why you punchin' Pikachu? You don't know what it's like bein' picked on by somebody twice yo' size! Oh wait a second, maybe ya do! Hahahahahaha!
I'm still upset that this didn't happen.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #51 on: June 23, 2015, 10:55:18 PM »

But this did.

Did I ever mention my Smash Bros. Leaks gag twitter that I was doing two years ago? I still think it's some of the funniest crap I've ever written... and I put some effort into it with photoshop and stuff, I made a 3D laboratory with the Brawl characters floating in suspended animation tubes... and of course some of my predictions came true. This was the background:

Dark Pit, Roy, Pac-Man, Sheik and Zelda on separate character select icons, 8-player mode... I called 'em all. I even got the COLORS for players 5-8 right with only 6 and 7 in the wrong order. Clearly I need to answer the call of my latent psychic powers and, like, I dunno, almost get killed by my dad in a haunted hotel
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #52 on: June 24, 2015, 03:48:34 PM »
The thing between what appears to be Lickilicky and Mr. Game & Watch looks like Mega Mewtwo Y.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #53 on: June 24, 2015, 03:49:54 PM »
Yeah.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #54 on: June 24, 2015, 04:07:52 PM »
Oh, it is? Guess Megas were announced at least two years ago.

CrossEyed7

« Reply #55 on: June 24, 2015, 09:36:06 PM »
Is that four Snakes?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #56 on: June 24, 2015, 10:08:24 PM »
The tweets describe them as being Solid, Naked, AC!D and Old. Naked Snake had a stamina meter and used a clone of Yoshi's B to swallow enemies to restore it (and make the enemy lose a stock instantly). AC!D was a clone of the normal Snake, but threw cards instead of explosives. And then the cards exploded.

The multiple Toon Links were Four Swords Links with different movesets (and there was day 1 DLC which was mostly even more Links). The multiple Kirbies were simply multiple Kirbies because Sakurai wanted him to have 18 colors and that wouldn't be fair to the other characters.
It's YOUR problem!

CrossEyed7

« Reply #57 on: June 24, 2015, 10:41:42 PM »
We should definitely get Naked Snake as DLC to go along with Naked Shulk.

Is that Kirby With An Umbilical Cord to the left of ROB?

« Reply #58 on: June 24, 2015, 10:46:16 PM »
Young Kirby.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #59 on: June 24, 2015, 11:08:48 PM »
Gooey. Clone of Kirby.

People legit ask for this to happen.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #60 on: June 25, 2015, 12:38:49 AM »

Marth and Marth has nothing on Ike Climbers.

More on topic, it seems that Smash 4 made some good use of newer games. While less than half of the new characters were from games since Brawl, (and some were still pretty recent, Rosalina comes to mind) there was a lot of representation in the form of stages. Heck, there was even a stage for Yoshi's Wooly World, and that hasn't even come out yet.

CrossEyed7

« Reply #61 on: June 25, 2015, 12:40:16 AM »
Gooey. Clone of Kirby.

People legit ask for this to happen.
I'd rather have Rick.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #62 on: June 25, 2015, 01:25:42 AM »
If I may sperg out for a moment, I can't really see Gooey being a clone of Kirby. He grabs foes with his tongue rather than inhaling them (I guess he'd be more similar to Yoshi) and has never been in a "hatted Kirby" game, so we've only ever seen him use the basic seven "Dream Land" abilities, with the shape-shifting and whatnot. That'd probably make a pretty unique move set by itself.

Print