Print

Author Topic: The Silly Mario Fan Theories Thread  (Read 188931 times)

« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2011, 03:37:59 PM »
So can anyone give a good explanation for why Mario powers up when Yoshi swallows items in Super Mario World?  Or for that matter, why swallowing something gives Mario a coin?
Yoshis can't use the power-ups, so their power goes to the nearest person that can use it
for the coins, you don't want to know.

« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2011, 06:59:01 PM »
It's symbolism: Mario (the upper class) reaps the benefits of Yoshi's (the working man's) labour.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2011, 12:53:18 AM »
Wario and Waluigi were raised by Kamek to fight the Mario Brothers.

Not really much proof to it, other than that it explains their hatred for the Mario Bros, possibly also why they dress like them. As for the Wario Bros not being closer to Bowser... well, I doubt that Bowser would be anything but the favourite child of the Koopa family. There could be quite a bit of bitterness there.

Peach stored her magical powers from SMB1 in the wands from SMB3.

It's too much of a security risk to trust all of that power to one person. After being kidnapped and then returned, it would make sense for Peach to store a lot of power in different objects, just in case she gets kidnapped again.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2011, 09:56:14 AM »
It should also be noted she wasn't kidnapped until the end of SMB3. She was kidnapped "while the brothers were running around" (according to Bowser's letter).

Hmm.. fan theories.. I can't think of any really at the moment..
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2011, 02:50:02 PM »
Timeline time!

SMB>SMB2J>SMB2U>SMB3>SMW>LM>SM64>SMS>SMG>Right after comes SMG2>SM3DL

I think some time passed between SMB2U and SMB3.

Mario in Luigi's Mansion is a trap for Luigi

« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2011, 06:04:52 PM »
Wart no longer exists.
After being kicked out of Subcon, he moved to Koholint Island and, well...you know...

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2011, 06:27:10 PM »
Nah, brah.

Subcon is Koholint Island
Or, rather, Koholint is part of Subcon. They're both dream worlds.
Subcon is actually a loosely-defined world that we all go to when we dream. It exists, but in a method of reality and existence wholly unlike the concrete universe. Wart took over it for a little while before Mario deposed him.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2011, 11:59:59 AM »
It's probably also worth noting that Subcon has it's own king according to BS Super Mario USA Power Challenge, so we know it's at least tangible.

More theories from moi:

Whatever species Boos are the ghosts of is extinct.
One Boo in Paper Mario wonders what he was before he died. We know other species tend to retain their form when they die, such as Dry Bones or Ghost T., but we've never seen anything that resembles a Boo. Clearly whatever they were spirits of are all gone.

Said species was probably some sort of fish.
Boos have fins, tails and piranha-esque mouths. They look like fish.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #38 on: September 10, 2011, 01:10:21 PM »
Boos are either a form that any species can take upon death under certain circumstances, or they're more poltergeists than ghosts.

Or maybe we could say that they're Koopa Troopa ghosts. That probably won't get disproven, considering there's already Dry Bones so Nintendo wouldn't be able to justify making Koopa ghosts.

I used to think they were Shy Guys (similar shape, and they're shy), but then I saw the Shy Guy Ghosts in LM. And then I found out about Boo Guys, which are also Shy Guy ghosts, but shaped and colored different, and they shew up in games both before and after LM. Sooooo yeah.

What are we to make of the Boo in TTYD that says she's 18 years old, used to be a model, and gets hit on by Arfur the Doogan (who is alive)? How do Boos measure their age? Would a corporeal living person and a Boo actually be able to... do anything (Mario can spin-jump on Boos, after all), or are Doogans just stupid? Or maybe he just wanted to be friends?
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #39 on: September 10, 2011, 02:38:49 PM »
Chauncey's bio describes him as having been "born a ghost," so I guess Mario ghosts can get it on and procreate. Or worse, Lydia and Chauncey died before he was born. In either case I couldn't count Boos out of the same rules

Maybe Boos are ghosts who've been dead SO long that they forgot what they used to look like and lost their shapes. They do have images in mirrors in Luigi's Mansion but the ghost houses where they normally "live" don't have mirrors and have clearly been abandoned by the living for a long long time. In that case, a Boo who claims his or her age to be something might be referring to their age at the time of death... Or they lost count and self-style themselves to a preferred persona
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #40 on: September 10, 2011, 06:41:54 PM »
The Sealed Room in Luigi's Mansion was a trap

Crooks who made their way to the mansion to try and steal the family fortune were kicked down the chimney and left to die surrounded by the treasures they so desired. It was Nana's idea. This would explain the presence of any boss ghosts who aren't obviously related to each other.

The clockwork soldiers were cops who were sent to investigate the mansion where these people were last seen before their disappearances. If they saw the boarded-up door it definitely would have been suspicious and they would have found the skeletons inside, so they were killed too.

Bound to the mansion by their greed, these ghosts can't go away and the dead members of the family who killed them are stuck there too. So they're like "Oh whatever" and stay out of each other's hair. Any themes a ghost character displays (Slim Bankshot as a pool shark, Biff Atlas as a muscle man, the aforementioned cops as toy soldiers) were developed after death because of the rooms they ended up haunting.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #41 on: September 11, 2011, 06:33:31 AM »
Airships cause a disturbance in the Mushroom Kingdom's weather

The background for every airship level in the Mario All*Stars and SMA4 version are both cloudy with thunder and lighting. It's kind of hard to believe every Kingdom in SMB3 was under a severe weather alert when the airships hit.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #42 on: September 11, 2011, 03:26:53 PM »
lolol and in world 5 it means there were storm clouds above the regular clouds lololol
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #43 on: September 11, 2011, 03:52:36 PM »
If this were 2009, I would make a "Yo dawg, I heard you like clouds" joke here.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #44 on: September 11, 2011, 06:16:17 PM »
Maybe Roy's ship was floating in the regular clouds, but due to the theory, most became storm clouds..?

This theory doesn't work in SMG since.. there's no rain in space (there are clouds, and storms, and other similar things..)

Print