Print

Author Topic: Anybody prefer SSB over SSBM?  (Read 11514 times)

« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2007, 08:24:53 AM »
Yeah, I think all the Pokemon characters should be kicked out (This is no joke, by the way). Pikachu sucks, but I suppose he's deserving enough to be in it, just 'cause he's the mascot of Pokemon. But the other 3 in Meele were so pointless.........
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2007, 11:24:59 AM »
Jigglypuff owns when used properly.
The only really pointless characters I can think of were Ganondorf and Falco, because they were just slower versions of Captain Falcon and Fox. At least Luigi, Young Link, and Pichu have other differentiating features.
That was a joke.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2007, 11:44:37 AM »
Pichu also owns when used properly. And Falco is different from Fox in one other way, but he's still pretty pointless.

How can you think Ice Climbers are stupid, ShadowBrain?

« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2007, 12:58:44 PM »
Falco is awesome, Pichu is just a Pikachu clone that hurts himself.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2007, 02:00:45 PM »
I remember hearing that Falco and Ganondorf were supposed to be there from the start, but had to have clone movesets due to lack of time. Hopefully they'll be de-cloned in Brawl. I'd also really like Pichu to stay. I like him much better than Pikachu, both move-wise and character-wise.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2007, 02:02:23 PM »
Pichu has more power than Pikachu, and, if I remember correctly, is the fastest character in the game.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2007, 02:08:36 PM »
I think not. I believe he is a touch weaker.
Edit: I am right. Pichu's Thunder does 13%, while Pikachu's does 14-15%.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2007, 02:11:49 PM by Bird Person »
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2007, 02:12:04 PM »
I think you're being thrown off by the fact that his attacks damage him, which is something that any good player can get around.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2007, 02:16:20 PM »
Nope, I subtracted the 3% Pichu gets by using Thunder.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2007, 02:38:14 PM »
Is this Algebra class again?

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2007, 05:48:42 PM »
Still Pikachu is dreadfully slow compared to Pichu. It's kinda hard to get any hits in with him. Add to that the fact that his damage amounts are only average (despite being more that Pichu's), and you get a character that's a little sub-par. Kirby is also a victim of this. Yes, as balanced as Melee is, it was made by humans, and thus the character balance isn't completely perfect. Most slow characters have really powerful attacks to compensate, and the weaker characters are typically much faster. Some, such as Roy, were a little bit mis-scaled. He's slower than Marth, but all except a few of his attacks do less damage than Marth's.

« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2007, 05:59:02 PM »
Kirby is an awesome character. He may be slow and light, but he makes up for it in pure jumping power. And his transformation ability allows for some pretty strong attacks.

And I thought that Roy was stronger than Marth?
« Last Edit: April 01, 2007, 06:03:06 PM by PaperLuigi »

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2007, 07:59:52 PM »
Not true. It's been researched that all of his attacks are weaker than Marth's, except for a few. Add to that the fact that he's slower... yeah, not good.

Also, Kirby's transformations and jumping can't be the only thing to rely on. He's too slow for a light and small character, and most of his attacks do little damage.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2007, 10:35:31 PM »
Tch, you all blame the CHARACTER for being weak. Wahahahaa.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2007, 03:12:52 AM »
The budget in SSBM was bigger, but still tight enough that they couldn't afford for everyone who wanted to be metal to be the same heavy solid metal that Mario was in SSB.

Print