Print

Author Topic: Anybody prefer SSB over SSBM?  (Read 11440 times)

« Reply #45 on: April 03, 2007, 05:01:40 PM »
2nd, this is one match that comes to mind...............

My cousin and I thought it be cool to pit Kirby (me) and 3 other characters againts each other. When I say that, it was me vs. 3 others (my brother, friend and cousin). It was set in Hyrule Temple, and I was able to beat them down by using the run and gun strategy. I ran away with some floating and used the rock attack to clear them out. I still lost, but I was pretty close to beating 2 of them.

So I guess your right in the sense that Kirby is not suited for a super intense battle. But when it's a 4vs, he's still one my best.

Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #46 on: April 03, 2007, 05:09:34 PM »
That's just scrub play then. In a scrub match, any of them can be the best.

Serious players play to win. Playing to win is a concept that harkens back to the days of arcade brawlers such as Street Fighter II.

When you play to win, you exaploit every flaw the game has to offer, thus leading to the discovery of the character imbalance and the creation of the "tournament scenes" that certai casual players seem to hate. They really have no reason to hate it because it's just another way to play the game, just as the serious players have no reason to hate casual players just because they're technically not as good as them.

The point here is, you can't argue with the facts that the serious players have brought about, even though you're a casual player.

« Reply #47 on: April 03, 2007, 05:17:04 PM »
Yeah, I supose your right. I was a little pompous 'cause I sorta believed I was up there with the best of them, but I haven't been to any tourney's, so I'm not a serious player.

Who is the best? I asked the question to Nintendo Power a while back and they told me the same thing you told me in terms of scrub play. Any can be the best. But serious players aren't casual players, and since they know how to take advantage of weak balance, they know who's the best balanced fighter.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #48 on: April 03, 2007, 05:19:01 PM »
Hence the tier list, which is still isnt; entirely reliable, sine it's based on which characers are the most useful tournament wise, but Fox is at the top due to being the most broken, and Mewtwo is unfortunately at the bottom.

« Reply #49 on: April 03, 2007, 05:28:53 PM »
Heh, I had a friend who told me that Mewtwo was at the bottom of a list that was similar to the one you just described, except Yoshi was at the top (go figure, although he is a pretty balanced character).

Print