Print

Author Topic: can it be fixed  (Read 8541 times)

« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2008, 03:06:14 PM »
i think IBM changed into Lenove thinkpads, they are meant to be good and they are cheap as well.
i was looking at that new thin mac book but thinking it looks like it would be more prone to break.
i use my laptop for work as well. i am use n some old dell now and it is so heavy to take on the tube so i need to get it sorted soon.
i no the old ones are much more solid than these new ones i wish they made them like that now.   

AbercrombieBaseball

• FitchPitch
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2008, 04:27:58 PM »
Yeah, I remember seeing Lenovo ads during NFL games in the fall. I thought IBM still made the business performance models but I could be wrong.

Hopefully they are as good as IBMs...my IBM is 15 years old and still runs like it's new. As I said before I still use it sometimes since I have Excel 97 on there (which I don't have on either of my Apple laptops) and I need Excel for some of my analysis work in school. (The spreadsheet on the new Mac, Numbers, is pretty good but it seems a bit more basic--I use it for personal finance and stuff like that, plus everyone else has Excel so I just use the IBM for that). Oh, and I have a good football game on my IBM called Unnecessary Roughness. Great way to waste time while trying to get coursework done...

I wouldn't mind getting another Windows desktop sometime but I guess I'd have to try one of these Lenovos. Toshiba still doesn't make desktops, right? (The one I have is actually an old portable, way too heavy for the average lap though).

I don't get why some people are so adamant about using one (Windows or Mac) over another. It's nice to be "bi-platform" and have both around, even if my IBM is ancient (but Office 97 is still OK, right?)

As far as that new skinny Mac laptop--I don't know if I'd want one that thin. I heard somewhere that a guy got his accidentally thrown out in the trash with the mail. Plus it does seem pretty prone to breaking because of its size. No way I'd want a statistician to use one at the ballyard or on the basketball court. I'm thinking about getting a really old laptop to use as a coach so I can keep records on it and not worry if a foul ball gets it or something--I'll be coaching little league this spring in all likelihood.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2008, 04:48:27 PM »
The other nice thing about IBM/lenovo is that they have good support if something does go wrong.  You can actually get somebody on the phone with little, if any hold time, and they're actually American, seem pretty competent, and are quick with repairs.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2008, 12:55:49 AM »
As far as that new skinny Mac laptop--I don't know if I'd want one that thin. I heard somewhere that a guy got his accidentally thrown out in the trash with the mail.
Wow. If that isn't a testament to human stupidity/Apple engineering then I don't know what is. Yes, I know there are most likely thinner/smaller notebooks than the MacBook Air. I'm just using this particular example.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2008, 01:00:43 AM by MaxVance »
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2008, 07:18:13 PM »
well i went out today and go the mac book air. i know its going to break at some point but its very sexy looking i am a sucker for sexy things.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2008, 07:20:46 PM by queeny »

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2008, 10:05:46 PM »
The only reason anyone buys Apple products. They are shiny plastic.
That was a joke.

« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2008, 10:23:17 PM »
Or the fact that they're actually good computers despite the fact that other PCs are more popular.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2008, 10:47:21 AM »
And despite the fact that they won't run any software?
That was a joke.

« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2008, 02:13:44 PM »
Explain the fact that I'm running software right now.

missingno

• ▄█ 'M ▓▒
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2008, 06:13:55 PM »
Apple products are horrible. I have an iPod and it stopped working because I got caught in some rain and it got slightly damp.
Ditto used Machop!

« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2008, 01:11:21 AM »
Lots of portable ELECTRONIC products can do that in the rain. The fact that Apple stands out with the iPod is because, like, 95% of people in this world have one.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2008, 02:25:22 AM »
* Chupperson Weird looks around

Well that is definitely the ignorant overstatement of the day.
That was a joke.

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2008, 10:05:56 AM »
Reminded me of this.

(oh by the way it contains a few swear words to those who care.)

« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2008, 04:48:03 PM »
And
The only reason anyone buys Apple products. They are shiny plastic.

isn't completely ignorant and devoid of all fact except in the world that is your mind of Macintosh inferiority?

Shyguy92

• Ridicules
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2008, 06:11:42 PM »
I think at least one of the reasons people (Windows users) don't like Macs is that most Mac users tend to get all emotional in arguments like these. I'm not implying anything* of course, but it's true.

*****about anyone here*****
« Last Edit: March 30, 2008, 06:17:36 PM by Shyguy92 »
"it's always the present"

Print