Print

Author Topic: Best Brawl Music  (Read 7221 times)

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« on: March 23, 2008, 05:50:56 PM »
Yes, we all know Brawl has some amazing music so let's all tell each other our favorite songs!

In no order:

Porky's Theme
Attack
Song of Storms
Skyworld
Luigi's Mansion Theme
Butter Building
VS Ridley
Gourmet Race
PictoChat
Donkey Kong
Flat Zone 2
Unfounded Revenge/Smashing Song of Praise
Main Theme
Encounter
MGS4 Love Theme
Ocarina of Time Medley
Bramble Blast
Angel Island
Tetris Type A
Dr. Mario
King K Rool Ship
Final Destination
Victory Road
Mute City
SML Underground Theme
Obstacle Course

Woo! I think that's all... I still need like 70 more songs.

What are your favorites?

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

megamush

• Infinite member error
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2008, 06:01:53 PM »

I still need like 70 more songs.

Not even close! There are 314 songs in the game (or at least thats what I heard)

That makes me think, Is there anywhere where I can download the SSBB Soundtrack (for free)?
What ever you do don't press Ctrl-W

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2008, 06:04:58 PM »
Not even close! There are 314 songs in the game (or at least thats what I heard)

I have about 250...

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2008, 06:06:54 PM »
Off the top of my head, I'd say my favorite track is the Luigi's Mansion music.

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2008, 06:12:41 PM »
I like Yell "Dead Cell" from Metal Gear Solid 2.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2008, 06:37:19 PM »
Mute City
Fire Field
His World
Final Destination
Tetris A
Tetris B
White Land

I like most of the music, but those stand out.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2008, 08:19:10 PM »
This here is Mona Piz-zaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

I was overjoyed when I first found out that was in the game. I also like what they did with Snowman and Victory Road. Those are definitely my favorite three.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2008, 09:13:04 PM »
Norfair!!!!!!!!!!! Also White Land.
That was a joke.

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2008, 10:55:05 PM »
megamush, I did know where the link to the whole soundtrack was, but... uh... the link escapes me at the moment.

I've narrowed it down to my top 15 in alphabetical order. Of those, the top three for me are 1. Mario Circuit (congratulations!), 2. Yoshi's Island, and 3. Space Armada (gotta have Star Fox on there).

Bramble Blast - Donkey Kong Country 2 (nothing compared to the original, but still a great remix)

Castle/Boss Fortress - Super Mario World/SMB3 (I associate this with the Koopalings. The song's slow, but that just adds to the creepiness. Very well done)

Corneria - Star Fox (they put in Corneria! YES!!! One of the best songs in the entire Star Fox series. Unfortunately, the Space Armada remix outshines it)

Humoresque of a Little Dog - Mother (Let's not beat around the bush, I know this as EarthBound's Drugstore. Heck yeah, amazing. Snowman is in 16th, off the list. I was debating whether to have Snowman or this, but come on, the Drugstore!)

Jungle Level Ver.2 - Donkey Kong Country (aka Jungle Hijinx. Hearing this again reminded me how much DKC's soundtrack rocked. Going from the MP3, my favorite part is 1:40-2:05, that's when it breaks from the melody and goes mysterious)

Lip's Theme - Panel de Pon (I really know this to be the same thing as Yoshi's Theme from Tetris Attack (which was one of my favorite themes from that game), so naturally it has to be on this list)

Main Theme - Star Fox (til the day I die, this will always be the true Star Fox theme for me. I'm still amazed that the SNES version really doesn't sound any different from this, though)

Mario Circuit - Super Mario Kart (frickin' legendary, I declare this one of the best videogame remixes of all time. Favorite song in Brawl. Also gotta love the Lakitu 3-2-1 sounds during the bridge)

Mute City - F-Zero (it's incredibly difficult to impress me with Mute City because I always hold the SNES version as the best, even with the numerous remixes over the years. But I think at long last, the Brawl version challenges that position. The thing that's been holding up the other versions is the opening part before it gets to the melody. That's my favorite part and no version had done justice to it (except Sounds of Mute City in F-Zero GX, but then they screwed up the rest of the song by not being daring enough and doing a strange duet), until now. Awesome)

Onett - Smash Bros Melee (I hate the little changes made in the Brawl version, but this is still the best Melee track and the best EarthBound song I've ever heard. Yes, even better than the Mother Japanese soundtrack, though barely)

Space Armada - Star Fox (excellent remix. Love how the notes are drawn out. Epic song)

Space Battleground - Star Fox Assault (this seriously made me reconsider my "not gonna touch it with a 10-foot-pole" grudge against Assault, because this song rocks. Sure, it's incredibly short, but I love that melody)

Underground Theme - Super Mario Bros. (actually, it might be one of my favorites simply because of the awesome remix in Super Mario RPG as the Axem Rangers are running away. The sweet instruments used here totally remind me of that)

White Land - F-Zero (remix of White Land! I usually don't think much of F-Zero music beyond Mute City or Big Blue because their music isn't as distinctive or memorable, but occasionally they really stand out, like this one does)

Yoshi's Island (this is the best tribute a Yoshi fan could hope for. Frickin' love the harmonica. I swear there's too many "Yoshi's Island"s out there, so this is the jazzy remix of Make Eggs Throw Eggs from SMW2 with the harmonica)
You didn't say wot wot.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2008, 07:09:46 AM »
I don't know the names of the songs by heart, and there's so many good ones, so I'll just specify the ones I don't like:

-Any of that wishy-washy stuff on the Pictochat stage.
-Pretty much all of the Sonic songs (Sonic Boom is good, though, and Live and Learn is tolerable).
-Mona Pizza, Ashley's Theme, and Mike's Song.
-Ai no uta, or whatever its called (The lyricless version (not in the game) is actually pretty neat, but either way it's not the best song to brawl to. Plus, Ai no uta in French = WTD?).
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2008, 11:50:15 AM »
Does anyone else think the opening of Tane no Uta sounds like the last few bars of Holy, Holy, Holy?
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2008, 02:22:24 PM »
I am a fan of the SNES F-Zero soundtrack and its respective remixes here. I am also a fan of Mona Pizza in English, and Ashley's Theme in Japanese and definitely not in English.

Also, it seemed to strike me that the SNES Corneria was still better than the SSBB Corneria. Have to listen again.
That was a joke.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2008, 02:35:25 PM »
I don't usually like lyrics in video game music, ever, but Mona Pizza and Ashley's song are exceptions. My only gripes with Ashley's Song are that she is supposed to say, "I'm the cruelest," not coolest, "girl you'll ever meet," and that she pronounces "pantalones" too clearly. In the original version you could speed the song up to hear, "I grant the kids to Hell," which amuses me.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2008, 03:04:45 PM »
In the original version you could speed the song up to hear, "I grant the kids to Hell," which amuses me.

Spooooooky

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2008, 04:47:54 PM »
My main problem is that the singer of the American one is pretty much the most annoying sound known to man. And I also hate that style of singing with a vengeance.
That was a joke.

Print