Print

Author Topic: Another of those terrible newbly threads  (Read 17096 times)

« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2008, 02:07:21 AM »
Bird Person took the words out of my mouth.

« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2008, 07:34:59 AM »
I would not pay any amount of money to see ShadowBrian in real life.

« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2008, 08:16:26 AM »
I have reasons for wanting you to shut up ShadowBrain. You never seem to think about anything except "How can I make a remark about Nintendo and the casuals here." It's getting even more frikkin annoying every frikkin day. And I mean, it's not like it wasn't annoying five months ago. This is a thread about the 360, which you don't seem to care about (for some stupid reason; I mean, you hate Nintendo so why are you apparently loyal to them). GET OUT!! Take your copious posts of "qft qft qft qft poty poty poty poty" with you. Don't you ever get bored of whining? I get bored of reading it!!
QFT

Someone had to do it.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2008, 08:22:47 AM »
I would not pay any amount of money to see ShadowBrian in real life.
So you'd see me for free? Such modesty, but I insist.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You know what, people? Pop quiz: Who said... this?

360: Pure awesome, with some great exlcusives, but sadly with a monthly online fee should you wish to interact with other humans.
PS3: Further awesome, with free online, but the system itself is mad-expensive.
Wii: An average of one decent game every five months, with 1995-era online for the games that even have it.

Choose your weapon.

Give up? It was Glorb. Not me. Now why, every time I agree with him or somebody else with a differing opinion, do I take the brunt of the GTFOs? Is Glorb too funny to diss? (not that I don't think you're funny, Glorb).

Yes, this thread has turned into an arguement, but only because of childish name-calling and hollow insults.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2008, 08:31:52 AM »
Wii: An average of one decent game every five months, with 1995-era online for the games that even have it.

Whoa! A wired controller and zilch space? I knew the Arcade was designed to try to siphon casuals off of Nintendo, but geez...

The difference between you and Glorb is that he didn't attempt to rag on Nintendo and casuals.

I like how you addressed nothing BP said, just like the time I brought up this same problem and you ignored it completely.

As for childish name-calling and hollow insults...

Well, I guess the asshead got what he wanted.
But hey, America is the Land of Extravagance! Bring it on! Make a $40 remake of Metroid Prime 3 and Twilight Princess with WiiMotion Plus while you're at it!
« Last Edit: December 04, 2008, 10:43:13 AM by NintendoExpert89 »

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2008, 11:36:52 AM »
Um, did SB even say either of those in this thread, let alone this month? All of us have made hollow insults around here at some point. Besides, I don't see why SB's disillusionment with Nintendo has to trigger this deep-seeded rage in so many people here. While I don't always agree with him, I do think he's entitled to his opinion, even if it's the near-opposite of your own. Just because this is a Mario forum doesn't mean everyone here has to love Nintendo 100%.
every

« Reply #36 on: December 04, 2008, 11:42:41 AM »
There's a difference between saying something once and repeating it again and again over the span of five months.

« Reply #37 on: December 04, 2008, 03:51:36 PM »
I'm not angry at him because he's dissing Nintendo. You did it too, and Chupperson dissed the 360. I mean, console favoritism bugs me, yeah, but that's not why I think Shadowbrian is stupid.

I'm angry because people make pointless replies that don't contribute anything important or intelligent at all.

It was Glorb. Not me. Now why, every time I agree with him or somebody else with a differing opinion, do I take the brunt of the GTFOs? Is Glorb too funny to diss?
I didn't GTFO Glorb (actually I almost did) because he at least made a somewhat intelligent post. All YOU said was QFT DURR DA HURRR

(by intelligent, I don't mean I agree with him. I just mean it required some kind of thinking during the post process)

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #38 on: December 04, 2008, 04:30:08 PM »
All I said was that is doesn't have as much awesome as the PS3. That's qualified as a diss?
That was a joke.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #39 on: December 04, 2008, 05:50:55 PM »
When I agree with it, apparently.

The difference between you and Glorb is that he didn't attempt to rag on Nintendo and casuals.
In that quote, I was actually ragging on how the Arcade was so blatantly just Microsoft trying to rival the Wii in terms of price and simplicity (and why else do you think the new bundles come with Kung Fu Panda?). Technically, that's a compliment, but it's irrelevant because all I was doing was responding in genuine surprise to something (inaccurate).

I like how you addressed nothing BP said, just like the time I brought up this same problem and you ignored it completely.
Please tell me how I'm supposed to respond to this:

I have reasons for wanting you to shut up ShadowBrain. You never seem to think about anything except "How can I make a remark about Nintendo and the casuals here." It's getting even more frikkin annoying every frikkin day. And I mean, it's not like it wasn't annoying five months ago. This is a thread about the 360, which you don't seem to care about (for some stupid reason; I mean, you hate Nintendo so why are you apparently loyal to them). GET OUT!! Take your copious posts of "qft qft qft qft poty poty poty poty" with you. Don't you ever get bored of whining? I get bored of reading it!!

And what problem are you referring to, anyway? Me being a "Nintendo-hater"? If ever I don't "respond" to those accusations, it's only because I don't want to start the arguements--like the one right now--that you accuse me of igniting.

But hey, America is the Land of Extravagance! Bring it on! Make a $40 remake of Metroid Prime 3 and Twilight Princess with WiiMotion Plus while you're at it!
That's not an insult, that's an exasperated observation. Also, should I be worried you either A) Took the time to go back and compile a series of my questionable posts or B) Have been doing so for months?

There's a difference between saying something once and repeating it again and again over the span of five months.
This is the main thing that really gets me. The last time I recall fashioning an elaborate dissertation on Nintendo's state was right around when Phantom Hourglass came out (then again, I could be wrong, but I'm sure this guy would know). Since, I have consciously limited my frustration with said company to simple jokes and agreements. Like I said, I'm not keeping tabs, but either way it's not a serious issue. Am I only making jokes? Then stop launching a blitzkrieg of flames on me every time I do. Am I repeating it again and again over the span of five months? Then maybe it's because I've been seriously ticked-off by you-know-who for the last two years.

I'm angry because people make pointless replies that don't contribute anything important or intelligent at all.
I can point you in the direction of many, many intelligent posts made by me (a few, in fact, even pertain to my dislike of Nintendo).

I didn't GTFO Glorb (actually I almost did) because he at least made a somewhat intelligent post. All YOU said was QFT DURR DA HURRR
I'm not saying this to try to cover my tail, or anything, but I'd just like to take this time to point out that, before I joined this forum, I had never even heard the term "QFT". I started using it because I thought it was a handy way to signify agreeing with someone. If I'm saying it too much or it's just silently gone out of vogue (like Weegee) and I didn't really notice, then I'll stop.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #40 on: December 04, 2008, 07:18:32 PM »
it's only because I don't want to start the arguements--like the one right now--that you accuse me of igniting.

Would I be able to ignite them if you didn't leave so much wood all over the place!?
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #41 on: December 04, 2008, 07:24:21 PM »
I'll bring the wood, you'll bring the matches, and Glorb can bring the marshmallows. bobman gets to carry the tents. Watch out for bears!

« Reply #42 on: December 04, 2008, 07:50:16 PM »
All I said was that is doesn't have as much awesome as the PS3. That's qualified as a diss?
<TEM> So there was a some what intelligent (for the FF) conversation about games for the Xbox 360, the last two posts even being complimentary towards the PS3, and then CW went CONSOLEBIASWARHURRR

I basically felt the same way as TEM did.  You sort of tipped it over the edge, and you worded it pretty terribly by basically giving any common titles between the two systems to PS3.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #43 on: December 04, 2008, 08:23:55 PM »
If I'm saying it too much or it's just silently gone out of vogue (like Weegee) and I didn't really notice, then I'll stop.

QFT is a pretty useful phrase and is in about as much danger of going out of style as [wtd], and you don't overuse it.

And Weegee is about as funny a meme as Moon Man and Drew Pickles.
every

« Reply #44 on: December 04, 2008, 09:41:07 PM »
I can point you in the direction of many, many intelligent posts made by me (a few, in fact, even pertain to my dislike of Nintendo).
I don't care about your track record. I don't care how intelligent (I beg to differ) a few of your previous posts have been. The fact that you're even capable of producing the amount of mindless <censored> I have to shovel through each day to get to the few threads and posts that I actually want to read is enough for me to not care about what you think. You're pretty much red-flagged in my Mental List of People Whose Posts To Not Read.

It's not only you, there are others that I feel the same way about. But you're a big part of it. That's just the way it is.

Yes, QFT has gone waaaay out of style. QFT is so out of style, it never was in style. This applies to Weegee as well.

Print