Print

Author Topic: Animal Abuse in video games  (Read 17103 times)

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2009, 03:19:36 PM »
Why has no one mentioned Animal Crossing?  I'm sure everyone here has, at one time or another, sent their neighbors hate-mail, hit them with shovels/nets, and/or pressed the reset button just to tick off Resetti.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2009, 03:45:34 PM »
Don't forget you can hit them with the axe too!

What about the Mario games? Stomping on turtles, throwing turtle shells, grabbing monkeys and rabbits, pulling legs off of Bloopers, hitting monkeys with hammers? The list could go on and on..
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2009, 03:54:29 PM »
I just remembered I actually had a conversation about animal cruelty in Pokemon games after seeing Watchmen. I pointed out (and the dude I was talking to agreed) that the cruelest thing you can do is put a pokemon in digital storage on a PC and leave them there forever in the timeless darkness.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2009, 04:54:33 PM »
I only do that to about 90-95% of my Pokemon.

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2009, 05:26:13 PM »
Why has no one mentioned Animal Crossing?  I'm sure everyone here has, at one time or another, sent their neighbors hate-mail, hit them with shovels/nets, and/or pressed the reset button just to tick off Resetti.
I enjoy digging holes completely around people.

« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2009, 06:05:42 PM »
What about the Mario games? Stomping on turtles, throwing turtle shells, grabbing monkeys and rabbits, pulling legs off of Bloopers, hitting monkeys with hammers? The list could go on and on..

Could it be that we've let Nintendo talk us into playing as one of the world's premier animal abusers?

Most games are going to contain some degree of abuse, even if it's subtle. At one point or another, someone is gonna wanna beat the snot out of Diddy Kong in Brawl.

EDIT: Hm...I guess that really isn't subtle.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2009, 06:08:18 PM by PaperLuigi »
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2009, 06:10:04 PM »
I...honestly don't care. At all. People who try to give me crap about animal abuse in games just drop a few notches on my "Cool Dudes" list.
No! I don't want that!

« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2009, 06:26:21 PM »
I don't really care about animal abuse in games because...well, they're bloody virtual. People getting riled up over real animal abuse is one thing, but virtual animals don't deserve any sympathy whatsoever.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2009, 06:34:13 PM »
Especially not Diddy.

« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2009, 06:54:36 PM »
Actually, I like Diddy Kong. He's my best character in Brawl, but it's always fun to beat the snot out of a shrieking chimpanzee.

« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2009, 07:03:58 PM »
How come no one said Runescape yet? You can KILL virtually every animal. Cows and chickens included.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2009, 07:39:48 PM »
Especially not Diddy.

I will brain you.

« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2009, 08:03:48 PM »
Easy now, easy now. Diddy is awesome, but he definitely doesn't appeal to everyone.

Sqrt2

« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2009, 06:45:42 AM »
Not technically animals as such, but in Fire Emblem 9/10, I get a kick out of owning the various types of Laguz (half-animal, half-human people who can (when their guage is high enough), transform in to cats/birds/dragons).

Especially, if it's fire magic...

Besides, tossing a hand grenade at a bunch of crows in RE4, usually yields a lot of money (and possibly herbs/ammo)... So it makes sense to do it.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2009, 06:58:50 AM by Sqrt2 »
AA fanboy and proud!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2009, 10:19:46 AM »
Easy now, easy now. Diddy is awesome, but he definitely doesn't appeal to everyone.

I hate apes in general.  Donkey Kong escapes my wrath solely because he's a classic character.  Diddy just annoys me.  Plus he's one of maybe two level 9 CPUs that I still consistently have trouble with.

Print