Print

Author Topic: Your own video game  (Read 15006 times)

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #60 on: October 11, 2009, 02:21:22 PM »
I don't know if I lost, but that's certainly, well, interesting. You'd think they (whoever they would be, in this case) would trademark that...
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #61 on: October 14, 2009, 11:35:57 AM »
Being the Crash aficionado that I am, I was playing Crash 2 earlier for the heck of it, and it hit me that I would love to see a Crash Bandicoot RPG (based primarily on the first three games, of course).

The overworld would probably be similar to SMRPG or M&L:SS, to allow for the incorporation of platform segments as well as typical RPG battles; Crash would be able to jump, spin, slide, and belly flop even on the main map.  Crash would start out with a basic spin attack, and get more moves, such as the slide and belly flop (which would, in addition, be usable on the overworld as well when he obtains them), as he progresses.  Gems would be currency, with colored gems worth more than the standard clear variety.  Items would be things like Wumpa Fruits for health restoration and crystals for MP/Special Attack restoration.  Certain elements of Crash games would be useful as more offensive items.  The Aku Aku mask, for example, would allow Crash to take a hit without taking any damage, or maybe reduced damage, when used; TNT crates would be thrown at enemies.

Gear would be character-specific, like the equipment in Earthbound; Coco would have stat-boosting over-alls where Crash has his trademark blue pants; while Crash might have his Yo-yo, Coco would carry her laptop.  Things like that.

Party member options are a bit scarce, but Coco, at least, is a given (she might be the Jeff Andonuts to Crash's Ness).  Crash would perhaps befriend Polar at some point and be able to ride him to move around the overworld faster (and maybe summon him in battle), with the added benefit of letting the player jump farther (with a running start?).  Overworld areas would also contain a set number of crates; when Crash breaks all of them, he'll get a bonus of gems or items, and it would count toward overall game completion percentage.

The plot could be anything, but given the nature of the series, Cortex is guaranteed to be the villain, probably accompanied by his usual lackeys such as N. Gin, Tiny Tiger, and Ripper Roo.  Lesser enemies would be wild animals and Cortex's evil mutants; I'm thinking ones similar to the foes in Crash 2, which require certain types of attacks to defeat (for example, the enemy might have spikes protruding from its sides, necessitating a jump attack instead of a spin).
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Print