Print

Author Topic: Opportunity for Mario fanatics: Hor-riff-ic Idea  (Read 3507 times)

« on: September 11, 2009, 10:25:10 AM »
Hey everyone!  What's new folks?  I hope it doesn't get annoying that I keep popping back here sporadically like those awful magikoopas from SMW. (Those were worse than lakitus!)  If you don't know who I am... then be thankful because I was weirder than I am now. XD Anyway... I haven't been playing video games for a long time in order to work on my future plans.  The last video games I played were the classic Zelda games on the Collector's Edition and finished all of the games except Zelda II.  I had never played these games before and I thought that LoZ, Ocarina, and Majora's Mask were incredible and fun to the max. (I even liked Zelda II but it's really tough!)

Okay, I should get to my point now.  I had an idea I wanted to share and just couldn't keep it to myself.  I was going to send it in a message to the mailbag but when I noticed the lengthy time gap between each one I thought "I don't have the patience to wait that long!"  Hopefully this hasn't already been mentioned and hopefully I don't sound like I'm advertising because that's never my goal.

I'll try to get to the point quickly so I don't ramble too much.  Not long ago I discovered a website called Rifftrax where the creators of Mystery Science Theater 3000 (a show I loved) are making new hilarious movie commentaries that mercilessly poke fun at everything.  Not only can you download these but you can also make your own and sell them to other people! (Maybe you see where I'm taking this.)  I thought that since the TMK team knows so much about the Mario universe, and they're also incredibly witty, it would only be right for them to create an iriff for the Super Mario Bros movie.  Yes, it would be torture to have to watch that again but it would so worth it for the rest of us.  It could turn out great and more people would buy it since you're so well-known and loved.  What do you think?  I think it would be a sin not to!  Deezer and Sapphira should do it with 2 or 3 other ones.  Here's some things you could say.  "This music from the game is like a deep breath before diving into a murky swamp." "I can just hear all of the Mario fans around the world yelling at the same time 'Koopa isn't a human!  He's a turtle!  Dragon... thing." Yoshi: "Well I sure got a great part in the movie!" (stabbed) "Princess Daisy?  Oh no, we're looking for the wrong princess!"

Oh yeah... and let us always remember the sacrifices of our soldiers, those who risked their lives on 9/11, and the rich blessing of freedom.  God has blessed America.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2009, 06:00:03 PM by Yoshisaurus Rex »
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2009, 10:55:54 AM »
David wanted to do this about 4 E3s ago. We didn't.
That was a joke.

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2009, 11:00:35 AM »
Oh... well nevermind then.  So much for that! lol Sorry.  Maybe some other people would be interested. (I'm just not funny enough to try and I would have trouble finding others to help)
« Last Edit: September 11, 2009, 06:55:23 PM by Yoshisaurus Rex »
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2009, 12:42:56 PM »
Hi Yoshisaurus <3! Didn't think I'd ever see you again.

As for your idea, it would be great if every internet critic and their mother didn't already cover that cheesefest. In fact, its gotten so bad that I kinda feel sorry for the movie. It's not enough of a trainwreck to deserve that much bile.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2009, 07:02:09 PM »
Hey Mr. Wiggles!  Good to see you too.  I actually stopped by a few months ago just to say hi.  You'll probably see me again in two years when I have yet another idea that has already been done, or no one wants to do lol.  Thanks for the heart, I was low on life. (continuing the zelda jokes)

Yeah, maybe the poor thing has been shot enough times.  I just want one good riff from some true fans and that's it.  Then it can be left alone.  I saw a couple already done but I think we could do good enough to be featured!

coolkid

• Totally Not Banned
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2009, 08:10:30 AM »
Actually, I do indeed think this could be a pretty awesome idea.
Kick! Punch! It's all in the mind!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2009, 08:27:49 AM »
Well, if it happened, we'd have to have the commentary be a cut above the rest. Like Mr. Wiggles said, it wouldn't even be remotely the first time anyone's mocked that movie (but, then again, it wouldn't be the last).
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Print