Print

Author Topic: What is your favorite Mario game?  (Read 7482 times)

« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2011, 01:02:47 AM »
Mario 64. Such a revolutionary game for its time...Good on length, cool reward for 100% completion, it has it all. The DS remake is also fantastic.
As a child my family's menu consisted of two choices: take it or leave it.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2011, 12:09:56 AM »
Yoshi's Island, still. Easily the best level design of any Mario game, ever. I will add the SMA port, because the secret levels were all really well made. Not YI DS, though, the design there was awful. That's what you get for outsourcing, I s'pose.
~I.S.~

« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2011, 09:59:54 PM »
Hrmm, lessee..

2D: Tie between Super Mario World and Yoshi's Island. I don't think I can choose!
3D: Super Mario Galaxy 2, no contest! That game makes Yoshi look awesome, and he can actually swim here instead of drowning/disolving immediately in like in Sunshine.
Kart: Mario Kart DS. Although the Wii version tops this for online, this game has way better tracks. Though they could've left out ROB if you ask me.
Sport: After getting Mario Sports Mix, I can say that it's a tie between this and Mario Power Tennis.. but then again, MSM gets bonus points for allowing me to pair Yoshi and Black Mage together!
Party: Mario Party 2 of course. Those costumes were awesome, shame they never returned.
Smash (Mario's playable in it, so it's somewhat of a Mario game at least): Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Slower than Melee maybe, but I don't care, this game is awesome!
Yoshi!

coolkid

• Totally Not Banned
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2011, 08:33:54 PM »
2D: Tie between SMW, SMB3, and Yoshi's Island.
3D: Tie between...well, all of them! SM64 has HUGE nostalgia value, SMS' FLUDD was a pretty neat mechanic to me, SMG was epic, and SMG2 made my entire body explode from the sheer mastery of game development displayed. I guess if I HAD to choose, I'd pick Galaxy 2, but otherwise all of them at once.
Kick! Punch! It's all in the mind!

Print