Print

Author Topic: Super Mario Sunshine - Roof of Hotel Delfino (Theory)  (Read 6882 times)

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« on: February 16, 2011, 02:30:53 PM »
Hey! Does anyone have an Action Replay for Gamecube? If so, does that person think he/she can moonjump onto the roof of Hotel Delfino (from outside) and see if you can stand on it? I've been trying to get on top of it using various methods: I got a barrel onto the "Hotel Delfino" sign on the second floor and jumped off it, but even with having that maximum ground to stand on and wallkicking off the wall of the hotel, I cannot get on top. However, as I went higher, I noticed that most of the roof isn't solid. Therefore, I concluded that the roof itself was not solid, but I'd just like someone to confirm that for me. Whoever does this, please let me know as soon as you can; thanks!
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 02:33:25 PM by Kimimaru »
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2011, 05:50:45 PM »
I have Action Replay, so I'll give it a try for ya if you like.

Edit: I just gave it a shot, and I can actually confirm that your hunches were right: the roof is not solid. At all. When you try to stand in it, Mario just sinks into the hotel (and not into the actual interior part), and as soon as you land and stand still for a second, Mario dies.

Edit 2: I just tested it again. First time, I tested it during the first episode at which you have to defeat the Manta Ray thingy. After the hotel pops up, it's possible to go directly up to the hotel (with AR codes of course, or legitimetely somehow, not quite sure if that's possible though), and you can stand 'in' the hotel for a second before Mario dies. In later episodes though, the roof is actually protected by an invisible wall (which is most probably why you couldn't get up there), and I had to jump a little higher for me to be able to actually reach the roof. This time I fell through once again, however Mario dies instantly this time when reaching a certain point 'in' the hotel. So while I was first able to ground pound through the roof and live in the first episode, the second episode is an instant kill for Mario when he does that.

I hope that answers your question! Anything else you want me to try, while I'm at it? =P
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 06:33:37 PM by Yosher »
Yoshi!

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2011, 07:32:18 PM »
Thanks a bunch! I tried it on Episode 8, so I'll see if I can get up there on Episode 1 or 2. I'll let you know what happens :)!
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2011, 07:39:22 PM »
Alright, sounds good. :)
Yoshi!

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2011, 07:56:49 PM »
Okay. It's impossible to even get near the top of the hotel on Episode 1 because there are no barrels. Episode 2 has barrels, but even then I can't get up there with a high Spin Jump (a Triple Jump is simply impossible to do with about ground about the size of Mario himself. A high Spin Jump is only a few frames lower than a Triple Jump anyway). Unfortunately, you can't stack barrels either, otherwise I wouldn't have needed someone to confirm this for me (this would've also been the only way to get out of bounds in Sirena Beach). Thanks a lot anyway! If you haven't seen my Sunshine videos, I suggest you do so now :).
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 07:58:54 PM by Kimimaru »

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2011, 08:13:48 PM »
Like I said though, in episode 2, the top gets invisible walls added so you'd need to actually jump higher. Like, maybe one third of the actual hotel higher before you're able to go above the roof and sink through it. I coulda sworn there were barrels in episode 1 though, but I just checked myself and there really aren't any barrels there as I see either. Odd. Oh well, you're quite welcome. And I might check out your Sunshine video's later! :)
Yoshi!

Print