Print

Author Topic: best video game in 2001  (Read 2660 times)

Puqtd

• now member
« on: March 06, 2011, 09:15:17 AM »
2001 is probably my favorite year for video games.......so what was the best game that came out then?

i say, metal gears solid 2.
~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-

« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2011, 12:46:30 PM »
*checks some sites to see what was released in 2001*

It's hard to pick a favorite, you know. My favorite would be Final Fantasy X, that's one of my favorite RPGs and it was a Final Fantasy I could finally get into. Turn-based combat, beautiful graphics, different camera angles in battle, Auron.

Other candidates I see:
-- Silent Hill 2. That game was actually pretty good. Walking on a street, pitch black, loud industrial sounds for music, static on the radio...
-- Smash Bros. Melee. Enjoyed that immensely and it was my favorite GameCube game for a while. Nintendo fans are likely to choose this one.

2001 was also the year of Mario Kart Super Circuit, Gran Turismo 3 A-Spec, Ico, Devil May Cry, Grand Theft Auto III, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3, Civilization III, and Metal Gear Solid 2, and Halo.
You didn't say wot wot.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2011, 12:55:39 PM »
Yeah, 2001 was a pretty [darn] good year. In addition to what penguinwizard said, Capcom vs. SNK 2, Rez, Gitaroo Man, Ikaruga, Progear no Arashi, Shikigami no Shiro, Serious Sam, Paper Mario, the GBA version of Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney, Giga Wing 2, Bejeweled, Golden Sun, Kuru Kuru Kururin, expansions for Diablo II and Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2, Zero Gunner 2, Zone of the Enders, the first Taiko no Tatsujin, two beatmania IIDX styles, and DDRMAX all came out in 2001.

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2011, 05:11:41 PM »
I agree with Puqtd, MGS2 is freaking awesome. It's #2 on my list of all time favorite vidya games.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2011, 05:36:04 PM »
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2011, 07:08:12 PM »
If we're going by American release dates, Luigison has just conquered this thread.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2011, 07:16:43 PM »
A CHALLENGER APPROACHES

"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2011, 12:36:49 AM »
The correct answer is Melee. If you disagree with that... I don't know what to think about you.

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2011, 01:56:36 AM »
Lizard Dude just expressed his hatred of everyone in this thread.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2011, 03:55:03 AM »
Melee is probably certainly it, but it's hard to think that, think that Brawl is superior and think Paper Mario was pretty boss all at the same time.

And since the stages and single player modes in Melee were the best in the Smash Bros. series I only REALLY think Brawl is better because my favorite characters were generally buffed and it added a few new favorites. And I can make mods.

So I guess Melee. But Paper Mario is very nice. I have fond memories of both.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2011, 11:33:17 AM »
I don't know what you guys are talking about, none of those games touch Halo: Combat Evolved.

Print