Print

Author Topic: Relationdukars  (Read 79335 times)

« Reply #165 on: February 14, 2013, 11:16:10 AM »
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #166 on: February 14, 2013, 12:12:19 PM »
This is now a bawww thread. Check out The Official Love&Darkness Playlist!
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #167 on: February 15, 2013, 02:01:03 AM »
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #168 on: February 15, 2013, 07:39:44 AM »
It's national Half Price Chocolate Day though, so that's what you can have for anyone who's single.
VVVERExSTFJCQVM=

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #169 on: February 15, 2013, 04:56:30 PM »
I went to three stores today after work and there was nothing good left at any of them. :(

first world problems YEA
~I.S.~

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #170 on: February 15, 2013, 05:11:57 PM »
My Sears had giant heart-shaped boxes of Russell Stovers selling for $30 leading up to Valentine's.

And today they were still $30.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #171 on: March 17, 2013, 10:47:59 PM »
Hypergamy!
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #172 on: March 18, 2013, 12:41:26 PM »
Why would people date fish? That inter-species thing is just weird.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #173 on: March 19, 2013, 02:28:32 AM »
Re: Hypergamy.gif

People who consider physical attractiveness to be the most important factor in relationships and who are not themselves conventionally physically attractive should not be surprised when they have a very hard time finding relationships.

And if a "beta guy" who considers himself entitled to a "beta girl" can't seem to "get" one, and finds himself asking her "Why don't you want to date me? You're almost as ugly as me!" maybe the answer is
A: She doesn't owe him anything
B: She knows that there are other guys who are more attractive than him OR who care about more than just attractiveness [and won't insult her appearance or make her feel like they're doing her a favor by dating an uggo] OR maybe even both, so why settle for neither? What does she get out of it?
(C: Also she might be a lesbian)
(D: Also also, even operating within the assumptions of the hierarchy of attractiveness, a likely scenario is that the "beta guy" has overestimated his own attractiveness and underestimated the girl's, due to the unrealistic standards the media has trained him to expect, and he and she are actually not on the same attractiveness level.)

That image is implying that the basis of a relationship between two average-looking people should be "Eh, I'm not hot enough to do better than him/her, so I guess I can't complain." That is a pretty horrible thing to base a relationship on.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #174 on: March 19, 2013, 01:54:15 PM »
People care about looks more than we'd like to think. It seems most young people have had casual sex nowadays, save for the beta guys who will have to settle for relationships with formerly promiscuous women.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #175 on: March 19, 2013, 09:33:09 PM »
People care about looks more than we'd like to think. It seems most young people have had casual sex nowadays, save for the beta guys who will have to settle for relationships with formerly promiscuous women.

...formerly? They won't stop being promiscuous, they just won't be with him, that's all.

Generally it's found that people tend to eventually wind up with those at about their own attractiveness level on average anyways. I mean, you may deviate in one way or another in casual encounters, but as for relationships you tend to wind up with someone at about your level even if you're not trying for that to be.

Then of course there's the issue of "surplus males" in certain places which I think may turn out to be a much bigger problem than one would expect because of reasons that are more for the sub-forum people don't eat at. It actually makes more sense from a reproduction/survival standpoint for an individual to have a higher than 50% chance of being female but that's for yet another discussion. (I actually have read somewhere that the crappy diets we're eating nowadays are actually tricking the survival instincts of our body into thinking we're in a disaster mode, and when this happens children are actually slightly more likely to be female than usual. Conversely, if people are healthy that instinct assumes that nature is being kind and slightly more males tend to be born. Not sure how much I buy it but it sort of makes sense. But I digress)
~I.S.~

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #176 on: March 19, 2013, 10:01:36 PM »
Of the 23 women I've held some extended degree of attraction towards since moving to Seattle, I've confirmed 65% as unavailable for dating. You bet your ass I'm crunching numbers.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #177 on: March 19, 2013, 11:18:02 PM »
Yeah, it astounds me how girls almost always seem to have a boyfriend. One has to wonder if there's a hidden surplus of slightly-better-than-us males in North America.

...formerly? They won't stop being promiscuous, they just won't be with him, that's all.

B-b-but that's slut-shaming! :OOOO

« Reply #178 on: March 20, 2013, 01:50:08 AM »
Okay Weegee, we get it, you hate women.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #179 on: March 20, 2013, 03:14:07 AM »

And the prize for the grumpiest internet virgin goes to...

I'm sorry, don't kill me! That joke just had to be said!
Deal With It

Print