Print

Author Topic: Xbox haters do not read this...  (Read 5205 times)

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« on: November 22, 2001, 04:43:13 PM »
Microsoft may have a potential hit on their hands! The Xbox...

Now I'm not trying to be biased against Nintendo, but the Xbox may eventually be the top video game system in terms of technology and performance... Here are some of the stats of this "ultimate" gaming system:

Four game controller ports that allow easy multiplayer gaming and enable other peripherals, ranging from game pads to voice-activated headsets (ohh... wow, 4 players; I've already seen that on Nintendo 64!

A front-loading DVD tray (same as PlayStation 2; nothing important...)

A multisignal audio-video connector that allows for easy hookup to televisions and home theater systems

An Ethernet port for rich, fast-action online gaming via a broadband connection (bad news for SegaNet subscribers...)

An NVIDIA graphics processing unit (GPU), delivering more than three times the graphics performance of other consoles (bad news for Nintendo...)

An Intel 733MHz processor, the most powerful CPU of any console (clocked at speeds of over 700; twice as powerfull as Nintendo GameCube)

An internal hard drive, for massive storage of game information — a first in the console gaming industry (this means you don't need memory cards anymore!)

So according to the specs, it seems that Microsoft Xbox is going to beat the crap out of every other video game system... Uh oh, prepare yourself, Nintendo lovers; this is war!

Mama mia! It''s-a me, Mario Maniac!

Edited by - Mario Maniac on 11/22/2001 2:44:53 PM
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2001, 05:06:20 PM »
"An internal hard drive, for massive storage of game information — a first in the console gaming industry (this means you don't need memory cards anymore!)"

Just a note, Mario Maniac,
The Sega CD actually saved game data internally on the system's RAM drive.  The X-Box will undoubtedly have much MORE space, but the concept itself is not a first.

Go Moon!
Go Moon!

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2001, 05:47:49 PM »
Nintendo can still make it
look Sony, Saga, atari and countless others have fallen to the rath of the great nintindo
they will make it throught... plus even with all that fancy stuff and great grafix... can anything really replace the love for the mario games so many had forgotten, i say its not the system that makes our love for mario games, its the games that are on it... the first nintendo game could bring us more joy and fun then every x-box game combined... you cant not love a classic.
 so i say that nintendo is into the ne age of computers and has seen many great things.. the man behind mario and zelda.. he would never go to the dark side (microsof)
In the up coming mounths nintendo will go over drive to beat the x-box.. nintendo will not fail.. they will come forth to a new age gaming and come out on top!!!

P.S. how did you like my little speech?

Yoshi cool
You not cool!!! :)
CANADA RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2001, 07:37:12 PM »
I heard X-Box's internal cooling system isn't any good, so after long periods of time, the system will eventually melt itself... and the games apparently aren't too good right now.  I'll stick with my GCN right now, thanks very much.
What'chu talkin' bout, Dextah?

goodie

• Nike and Reebok
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2001, 08:14:50 PM »
The XBox is dorky. It's just a PC with a fancy case. It even runs on Windows 2000 (yuck). Using a Pentium 3 is not that great, because it's a 32 bit CPU that isn't optimized for games. But the GameCube's CPU is 128 bit, and is optimized for games. And using a hard drive for storage instead of memory cards, is a really bad idea beacuse hard drives are magnetic, so putting magnets next to the XBox could erase your saved stuff. Plus magnetic disks corrupt over time. Memory cards won't. Plus all the XBox games are dumb.
576f726c6420392069732061207365637265742e

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2001, 06:48:47 PM »
Spec wise X-Box has a clear advantage over both PS2 and GCN.  Unfortunatly it has somethings that are not in its favor.

-They are lacking in good exclusive games.
-GCN crushes it in loading time (seeing as it is virtually non-exsistant)
-It has no mascot (PS lost crash heh)
-I dont know about anyone else but I found the controller unconftorble and I had a hard time figuring out the buttons.

That is a list of 4 things but 3 of them are important to me when I buy a system.  Yeah,  X-Box can shape up and it could take the top. . . but the way things are heading thats not going to happen.

-PCM

-----------------------------

http://nintendointense.4t.com
I ignored the rules about signatures, therefore I am most likely a spam account.

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2001, 11:57:01 PM »
Ah, the X-box is the new console on the market. my fellow nintendo players, we will stand tall against this vile box! The fact that it looks like a $500 (canadian) trashcan doesn't help it! and it's best game is HALO, which I don't think will last long.....

I ignored the rules about signatures, therefore I am most likely a spam account.

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2001, 03:50:36 PM »
X-Box is evil! Like someone said before, it's just a PC on the TV! I've heard taht the graphics are better then GC. I don't belvie that, but if it is true, i still don't care.

I''m the leader of the Koopa Bros.We''re hip and cool and uh... we like bacon

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2001, 06:13:49 PM »
Hate X-BOX Hate X-box hate X-box!!! Oh sorry I don't care about All The "" New Features" They say they have i'm sticking with NINTENDO!!!
People are who they are and thats that!!!!!!

David

• Trusts the fungus
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2001, 08:59:37 PM »
I hate the X-Box. Doo dah. Doo dah.
Let's do the Mario, all together now!

« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2001, 08:55:16 PM »
I love what Microsoft has done with Cumputers. (Windows) Without Microsoft we all would have to use Macantosh. I prefer Windows.

I love Nintendo. It's called loyalty to your system. If you've had a sertain kind system since you where a kid, you probably arn't going to change when new system comes out. Nintendo, Sony, and Sega, has had time to gain fans. That's one reason the X-box might have troble being popular. It's just comeing out. Even though it seems big now. Nintendo will still be here and I'm looking forward to when I get a Gamecube.

I hope Nintendo stay's on top.

I used to be ZimStar. If anyone knows how to drop my olf acount please tell me. Thanks.

Edited by - MagicKoopa120 on 11/28/2001 2:16:14 PM

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2001, 03:56:10 PM »
I love windows jsut as much as the next guy, and it gives me an evil fweeling that Windows is made by the same company as X-box! But Windows IS the best computer thigny ma bobber.

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2001, 09:07:36 AM »
I have always been a loyal fan of Nintendo ever since I first played Super Mario Bros. on the original Nintendo (I was about 5 or 6 years old then...)! Just recently, I bought a Sega DreamCast, and that doesn't keep me away from Nintendo! I play my Nintendo 64 even more than my DreamCast!

So that proves to you that even if there is a new system coming out with all the latest features, people will still stick with the games they grew up with; whether it be Nintendo or Sega!

Sure PlayStation invented (well, improved on) 3D videogame systems, but Nintendo was the one that revived the videogame market (in the 1980's) after Atari destroyed it!

As for the Xbox...
Sega was the one that invented the internet capabilities on videogame systems! Microsoft just improved on it! So why should Microsoft get all the credit?

You see my point? We should just stick with the originals (Nintendo and Sega) and get rid of all these "newer" and "better" companies!

Mama mia! It''s-a me, Mario Maniac!
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2001, 02:58:41 PM »
Well first off - Nintendo was the first company to make true 3-D graphics using polygons.  That is where we got the Nintendo 64 and that is part of what made Mario 64 so revolutionary -

Second - haha your gonna love this, sega didn't even come up with the internet technology on their own - they made a trade with Microsoft - basically the trade was you give us the internet technology and we will give you our video game technology.  So it is Sega's internet ordeal that got us the X-Box in the first place.

-PCM

-----------------------------

http://nintendointense.4t.com

« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2001, 03:29:14 PM »
Sega did have 3-D graphics before Nintendo though....when i had a Sega Genesis(Or however it's spelt) a couple Sonic games had some 3-D graphics. And Sonic 3-d Blast was 3-d obviously...but like xXPCMXx siad, Nintendo true 3-D graphics first...um...I'm confusing myself, I'll shut up now.

Print