Print

Author Topic: Quick Nintendo Survey  (Read 4038 times)

« on: July 14, 2002, 03:40:48 PM »
How many of you only have Nintendo consoles ?

It''s-a me, Mario !
It''s-a me, Mario !

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2002, 04:33:37 PM »
I used to have a Sega console, but it broke. I forget which one it was. And I also had a Sega Game Gear.

-------
In my dream, the world had suffered a terrible disaster. A black haze shut out the sun, and the darkness was alive with the moans and screams of wounded people.
Suddenly, a small light glowed. A candle flickered into life, symbol of hope for millions. A single tiny candle, shining in the ugly dark. I laughed, and blew it out.

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2002, 06:43:53 PM »
Let's see... System (year purchased)
NES(2002), SNES(2002), N64(1998), GCN(2001).
Decepticons Forever!!!

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2002, 06:46:11 PM »
I have all of the Nintendo systems except Virtual Boy. And, my mom made me give away my NES when I was 6 or 7.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2002, 09:22:58 PM »
I own no consoles that are not Nintendo made.

I own every console Nintendo made except Virtual Boy and GameCube. I don't own Virtual Boy because it was.... just.... bad. I don't own a 'Cube because where I live, The NGC and anyone who owns one is branded several names I cannot say on these forums. My school thinks that it is -explitive- because:

1. It is purple.
2. A major title coming for it has the word "Sunshine" in it.

As you can tell, my school is mainly made of those shallow, judgmental people who only like FPSs and sports games. I don't really belong in my school, videogamewise, because I HATE FPSs and sports games. They bore me.

But, to avoid permanent insult, I don't have a GameCube. I would like to play some of the upcoming titles, but if I got a Cube, you know, everyone would.... uh...... HATE me.

------------------------------
What? Someone made a really dumb comment? This looks like a job for...

CYNICMAN!!!!!

That''s right! CynicMan, protector of tactlessness, enforcer of raw, abusive sarcasm!

Cynicman: What kind of introduction is THAT? It''s not even a sentence!
~I.S.~

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2002, 11:37:04 PM »
I've owned a NES and SNES, and I've currently got a Gameboy Colour, N64 and Gamecube. You know what Insane Steve? You shouldn't worry about what the local idiots think. When I was in Grade 9, I wore a Pikachu suit to school for Halloween. And I had fun, too!

"Like the moon over
 the day, my genius and brawn
 are lost on these fools."
       -Bowser, SMRPG

Sometimes I dream about being carried off by a giant squirrel...Does that make me a nut?
Sometimes I dream about being carried off by a giant squirrel...Does that make me a nut?

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2002, 06:42:20 AM »
And I suppose the X-Box is really popular at your school right Insane Steve ?

It''s-a me, Mario !
It''s-a me, Mario !

Spiky Blue Shell

• Bane of Mario Kart
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2002, 08:52:20 AM »
Well, you could always just get the black GCN and not tell the people at your school. I have all the NES systems except VB and NES.

Spiky Blue Shell

• Bane of Mario Kart
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2002, 08:54:30 AM »
oh yeah, i forgot to mention. I also have Atari 2000, Sega genesis and Sega dreamcast.

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2002, 09:09:18 AM »
Basically ALL of the people at my school hate Gamecube except Spiky Blue Shell, who is my twin brother.

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2002, 06:09:57 PM »
The Gamecube is pretty well respected at my school, everybody at least likes SSBM. I mean, you get to clobber people, what's not to like? I even know a guy who hates Pokémon, but his favourite Smasher is Mewtwo.

"Like the moon over
 the day, my genius and brawn
 are lost on these fools."
       -Bowser, SMRPG

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2002, 06:47:12 PM »
Na, my school is PS2 dominated, though there are more people that like X-Box than GC. When I say you are hated, I mean over half the school would rather reject a FREE GC then take it. That is how Anti-GC my school is.

------------------------------
What? Someone made a really dumb comment? This looks like a job for...

CYNICMAN!!!!!

That''s right! CynicMan, protector of tactlessness, enforcer of raw, abusive sarcasm!

Cynicman: What kind of introduction is THAT? It''s not even a sentence!
~I.S.~

« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2002, 07:13:13 PM »
Mine Two!

Ooops! I forgot to say I`am new here and I just wanted to get a word in!

« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2002, 10:07:43 PM »
First of all, it's not purple -- it's indigo. Second of all, the GameCube has other colors as well, such as black and orange. Third of all, what sounds more gayer, a Mario game in which you have a jetpack, or a game called "Kingdom Hearts" starring Disney characters?

-------
In my dream, the world had suffered a terrible disaster. A black haze shut out the sun, and the darkness was alive with the moans and screams of wounded people.
Suddenly, a small light glowed. A candle flickered into life, symbol of hope for millions. A single tiny candle, shining in the ugly dark. I laughed, and blew it out.

« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2002, 10:55:28 PM »
I think you can only get the orange consoles in Japan . . . I have an orange controller tho.  I could be way wrong but I've never seen one over here personally.

I only have Nintendo consoles--SNES, N64, GCN, and Game Boy--but my brother has many other systems so they are in our house.  They just don't belong to me.  He also has a Game Boy tho, as well as two NESes and the VB.  I've no idea why he bought the **** VB, I've never seen him use it.

That's pretty sad about the weird, irrational prejudice in your schools . . . I mean, of all the things to get your ass kicked for!  What happened to good old fashioned picking-on-the-mouth-breather fun?

That was a joke.  ^^

ETA:  frostbite, I love your siggie, is that a quote or were you feeling a little evil one day?  Oh, and no matter what they call it?  Purple.  Purple as anything.

Edited by - WanWan on 7/15/2002 9:59:28 PM
Chiichana mune, okkina hitomi . . .

Print