Print

Author Topic: While The Legend of Zelda is almost here...  (Read 1699 times)

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« on: March 19, 2003, 06:15:07 PM »
Now, I know I'm not one who often starts topics of my own, but why not?

Anyway, as The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker slowly comes around the corner, I figured I may as well start a topic about the Legend of Zelda.

Now I'm aware some, if not most of you here are pretty young, and Ocarina of Time was probably your first in the series, but that's fine, as you'll be able to answer my question anyway.

So, what I want to know, if you are a fan of the Zelda series, what exactly compelled you to like it so much? I think that's easy enough for anyone to understand.

As for myself, being a considerably large fan, while not hardcore, it probably had something to do with growing up with the games. My first Zelda was "The Legend of Zelda" on the NES. No, I don't think I'm better than anyone else who's started with later games in the series, even if I give that impression. Anyway, the game was considerably ahead of its time, if you ask me. When I first played it, I was blown away. It was very fun, had quite a story (for an NES game anyway) and the graphics were also pretty darn good for the age. "Zelda II" came out a little after, I didn't like it as much. However, it was neat for what it did; created a change. About that time, there were plenty of Zelda copies on the NES, and Nintendo did what they're still doing to this day, changing things around to create an innovative, origional game. It was still fun, then I remember playing "Link's Awakening" on the Game Boy, yeah, it came out after "A Link to the Past," but I didn't get a SNES right away. Well it was good, yet extremely easy. I fell in love with "A Link to the Past" right after I bought it. And then, "Ocarina of Time" came out. Yep, I bought that, Preordered it, in fact. It was good as well, although I prefered the SNES's game. Ah, well I trailed off in my own topic. I do that sometimes. I guess I like it so much because as I grew older, more installments to the series were created, thus, I became familiar with it, and enjoyed the games as they came out.

How about you?

EDIT: Just some spelling and grammar.

Edited by - Black Mage on 5/31/2003 10:41:39 AM

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2003, 11:57:46 PM »
I like Zelda, but I'm not what I'd call a fan.
Anyway, I think I played the original LoZ first... oh wait, I played OoT first, for about 5 minutes, and didn't play any more Zelda games for about 5 years. Same with Star Fox... I played SF64 for about 5 minutes, and didn't play any other Star Fox game for about 5 years. The games I've played for the longest have been Mario games, and then, it was at my friend's house.
I didn't get any game systems until like 1999 . . . and that was an NES.

I fear the monkey in your soul.

Edited by - Chupperson Weird on 3/19/2003 9:58:24 PM
That was a joke.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2003, 11:08:32 PM »
I just played the Wind Waker demo.
That's an awesome game.
I like Link's voice.
I don't think the title screen music sounds very Zelda-ish, though.
Still, I like SFA better.

I fear the monkey in your soul.
That was a joke.

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2003, 06:26:32 PM »
My first zelda game was link to the past but I didn't quite grasp the concept, though(I was really young). Then I played ocarina of time and got hooked. now I'm a huge fan.

The world would be a much cleaner place if people would eat their own trash.
"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."

Print