Print

Author Topic: Extremely good Nintendo news!  (Read 2151 times)

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« on: March 24, 2003, 01:31:39 PM »
The following post was taken from Nintendojo.com, which is a very reliable source for Nintendo news.

The N'terprise On the Rise: A News Round-Up
Nintendo has previously let loose a series of exciting announcments that truly represent their changing business structure. They are as follows:

Nintendo of America recently announced that in February, sales of its GCN console rose 110%, giving the company quite the morale boost in the wake of many third party cancellations. It appears that the free game offer, GCN's competetive price, and anticipation for the soon to be released Wind Waker were all key in this retail resurgence.
EA's 20 titles, with collaboration from Shigeru Miyamoto, was only the beginning. Expect to here some major third party backing in the coming months, particularly at E3.
Pre-orders for The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker have now exceeded 600,000, breaking Vice City's pre-sell record. This certainly shows that it was wise for Nintendo to listen to their fans, bringing the tantalizing bonus disc with Ocarina of Time & Master Quest stateside.
At the DICW 2003 show, Mr. Miyamoto pretty much confirmed that the new Zelda under development is indeed based upon the realistic tech-demo featured at Spaceworld2000 when the GCN was first unveiled. Furthermore, he said that he plans to use the cel-shaded engine from the Wind Waker in an all new game. This style would lend itself particularly well to Mario, or better yet, Donkey Kong.
Also at the DICW 2003 show, Miyamoto reconfirmed three titles: Donkey Kong 'Next', Mario Kart, and Pokemon Stadium 3, which is to interact with Game Boy's Ruby and Sapphire. Both Donkey Kong and Mario Kart will be headliner titles at E3.
This is exciting, to be sure, and should help to build anticipation for this years E3, which hopefully features more surprises than last years strong, yet lackluster showing. (wj)

Source: Nintendo

---------------------------------------------
YES! I knew Nintendo would make a comeback! Though I had some doubts in the past regarding the success of the GameCube, I now realise that nothing can stand in the way of Nintendo's greatness! Great job Nintendo, good luck for the future!

Edited by - Mario Maniac on 3/24/2003 11:33:59 AM
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2003, 02:55:40 PM »
Sounds very good indeed. Good job Nintendo.

However, I must admit i've heard this "comeback" story before and it's normally a disappointment. Articles like this rarely tell the full story and I think Nintendo must keep making the right moves if it wants to stay afloat in the console war. History has shown that the games market cannot support three sucessfull consoles...
An animator once saw a street bum, "Mario" Pedianni, and wanted to use his likeness in a cartoon, offering him a percentage of all future royalties or a bottle of cheap scotch. Pedianni took the scotch. Nothing''s stupider than a skid row plumber.

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2003, 07:09:17 PM »
Take that Vice City!

And history repeats itself, or one of them will have to 'pull a Sega.'
 n/a

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2003, 06:29:03 AM »
Well it's quite obvious that Nintendo and Sony are not leaving anytime soon... Sony's PlayStation systems are dominating the console market and are extremely successful! As for Nintendo, they have never given up, no matter how bad the situations may seem...

I think Microsoft is the one who needs to be more careful. They keep spending millions of dollars trying to market the Xbox worldwide, and yet it's only recieving critical success in America! Hmmm...
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2003, 11:16:30 PM »
Mario Maniac, I'm getting just the least bit tired with your fatalistic attitude toward Nintendo. They're doing just fine, and will be for a good long while yet. The situation for them isn't bad, and never really has been for a long time.

I fear the monkey in your soul.
That was a joke.

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2003, 05:06:42 PM »
According to nintendonow.com(at least I think it was nintendonow.com), Gamecube has just pulled ahead of the PS2 in sales in Europe.

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2003, 12:10:45 AM »
There is a new nintendo character. Is the adorable pink ghost girl from Super Mario Series about "Lady Bow's Daughter".

Shawne Vinson

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2003, 12:51:53 PM »
"According to nintendonow.com (at least I think it was nintendonow.com), Gamecube has just pulled ahead of the PS2 in sales in Europe."
- The Big Boo

WHAT?! How could Nintendo pull ahead of Sony? Sony has completely dominated the video game industry! They have outsold both the GameCube and Micro$oft's Xbox all around the world! Most of the best selling games are from a PlayStation system! You must've read the wrong information...

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2003, 11:42:49 PM »
You, sir, are a walking, talking contradiction. You claim to support Nintendo, and yet you don't believe it when someone has information in support of Nintendo. I can't stand it.

I fear the monkey in your soul.
That was a joke.

Print