Print

Author Topic: Sad news for Mario fans.  (Read 12559 times)

« on: June 12, 2003, 12:32:20 PM »
http://n-philes.com/php/epvuevaalkeayyufuapa.php

The new president of Nintendo wants to replace Mario and Poke'mon with new mascots!
I'm not sure if they are going to stop making games or what, but this can't be good.

Thanks alot Nintendo, you had your own unique thing going on and now you're trying to be like all the other companies.
I ignored the rules about signatures, therefore I am most likely a spam account.

« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2003, 12:50:32 PM »
*kills new president of Nintendo* That puts a stop to that.

It''s ah me Marioguy! I''m also the master of Tetris Attack!
I HATE JON!!! He betrayed me. So now everyone can have his picture.

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2003, 12:56:24 PM »
Well, the Pokemon thing is good BUT NOT WITH MARIO!!! I actually for once agree with marioguy! Kill new president of Nintendo!
-----------------------------
Mario likes to dance in his backwards pants! Yay!

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2003, 01:26:03 PM »
I like Pokémon. The only reason that Pokémon is going to be replaced is because Ruby and Saphire are awful.

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2003, 01:28:17 PM »
Wow, this has got to be a first, but I too actually agree with Marioguy...If that Jerk Iwant­water or what ever his name is succeeds, then Im gonna boycott Nintendo products...maybe even buy an Xbox...well I might not go THAT far...

It‘s-a me, Marionut#1!

Edited by - Marionut#1 on 6/15/2003 7:41:48 PM
It's-a me, Marionut#1!

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2003, 03:01:53 PM »
You people don't understand. What Satoru Iwata is trying to do is create new franchises with more of an "adult" theme, in order to compete with Playstation 2 and X-Box. They're still going to make Mario and Pokemon games, but they'll stop using Mario and Pokemon as "mascots". And why do you all hate Pokemon? It's not that bad.

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2003, 04:07:38 PM »
Pokémon is not bad, it's awesome! XBOX's one and only reason for surviving is Halo. Come on people destroy Nintendo's new president's house!

Jman

• Score
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2003, 04:26:36 PM »
Marioguy's right.  Nintendo has Mario, and Kirby, and Pokemon and the Legend of Zelda games.  Don't forget about Luigi and all the other characters.  Nintendo has more than enough characters to back them up.  Does Xbox even have a mascot yet?

p.s.: When did this new president get elected anyway?  If he gets rid of Mario, I'm giving him an angry e-mail.

"You can''t kill a real American hero, you rube!
--Zok the Alien, my original character.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2006, 01:28:30 PM by Jman »
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2003, 04:30:15 PM »
And plus, if they do stop making Mario games, think of the fans they'll lose.  If they quit making all the games that made them famous(Mario, Luigi, Pokemon, LOZ, and others.) will they lose their entire fanbase.

"You can''t kill a real American hero, you rube!
--Zok the Alien, my original character.

Edited by - Jman on 6/12/2003 3:31:36 PM
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2003, 04:41:57 PM »
I think the second this guy gets elected, there will be an angry mob with guns and they'll shoot him! Ok, I'm just being hyperthetical. But still! They shouldn't make Nintendo's mascot go from Mario to the Doom character(if you get what I mean).
Miyamoto's going to have a fit-his character won't be mascot anymore!
I agree on sending an 'evil' email to this new guy if he changes mascots...

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2003, 09:04:20 PM »
Geez. You don't understand how nice and considerate Shiggy is.
But anyway, this is pretty stupid. Mario's been Nintendo's mascot for 22 years!!! AUGH!
That was a joke.

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2003, 09:15:59 PM »
Who's Shiggy? Shigeru Miyamoto? Just call him "Spagetti and Meatballs". The names sound the same and it's just easier to remember.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2003, 09:39:34 PM »
"Who's Shiggy? Shigeru Miyamoto?"
--Yes. Who else?

"Just call him "Spagetti and Meatballs"."
--That sounds retarded. Plus it takes longer to say/type. And it's actually spelled "spagHetti." :P

--------------------
Deep inside us all is a little green elf telling us to burn things.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2003, 11:32:49 PM »
Spaghetti & Meatballs is retarded.
I think the mascot for XBox is the Master Chief (The guy you use in Halo)

The wind....
It is blowing....
Find your inner monkey.

« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2003, 09:28:09 AM »
Master Chief? I thought he was Master CHEF! *ba dum ching!* Anyway, I don't think Spaghetti and Meatballs will be too mad about Mario not being Nintendo's main mascot, because

A) For a business move, it's a pretty good idea. I mean, if you were a self-concious teenager who always acted "cool" in front of his "friends", would you want to buy a system with a cool-looking guy holding some kinda weapon as the mascot, or a system with a chubby, loveable short Italian guy wearing bright clothes and yells whenever you press the jump button? (Personally, I'd go with the Italian guy, but I'm very different from most of my peers.) And,

B) Spaghetti and Meatballs will most likely be the one who creates this new mascot, as he creates almost all of the new characters on Nintendo systems anyway.

Print