Print

Author Topic: are you a sega fan?  (Read 2771 times)

« on: August 19, 2003, 08:43:21 PM »
i was posting this to see if any one else besides me and screech were sega fans...there's a new sonic cartoon coming out on foxbox call SonicX, i hear it's gonna be based off of the sonic adventure and sonic advance games.

if you have any more info like as to when it'll come on or about the plot...please reply, but remember the subject question is still at hand also...if you like vectorman or (like any body's heard of it) Toe Jam and Earl, post here and get a good conversation started

If winners never quit, and quitters never win, who made the saying "Quit while you''re still ahead"?

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2003, 11:40:39 PM »
Sega Fan.  Right here.  Have been since the Master System.
Tojam and Earl's high up on my "greatest games of all time" list, along with many more Sega games.

Go Moon!
Go Moon!

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2003, 02:40:03 PM »
I was big time fan of the earlier systems. I was a child of the original Sonic games, back when the bad guy was known as Dr. Robotnik.

Time slowed and Reality bent.
But on and on the Eggman went.

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2003, 02:58:42 PM »
yeah, i dont get that, why did they change his name??? just like koopa to bowser...well actually koopa's his last name isnt it...cause i know the koopa kids are like Ludwig von Koopa and Wendy koopa...right, off topic

well, my all time favorite game on the genises had to be vectorman. I don't know why, and since when most people think of sega, the think...hey wasn't sonic the hedgehog on that?
     it kinda aggrivates me that the dreamcast didn't sell enough. It makes no sense to me whatsoever >>;( why?!?!?! *falls to knees and cries in hands* (ok get ahold of yourself...) well any way, i used to own a sega genises but i sold it, im still kinda mourning it's lost, but i sold it to one of my closest freinds...none other that...Screech! he lives like 3 miles from here.

If winners never quit, and quitters never win, who made the saying "Quit while you''re still ahead"?

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2003, 05:54:21 PM »
I think they changed his name because Sega of America thought "Eggman" sounded stupid.

Considering the last two GameCube games I bought were Sonic Adventure DX: Director's Cut and Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, I'd say I'm a Sega fan. I've never owned a Sega console, but I have a few of those "official emulations" for PC of Sonic and Bug! and stuff that they were fond of releasing a while back. And I've played TJ&E and all the Sonics, of course.

EDIT: Oh yeah, the SonicX plot. Sonic and the gang get warped into the "real world" and battle Eggman with the help of some human boy. Yay. Also, TJ&E2: Panic on Funkatron in underrated. Gotta love those rhythm parts.

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven!”

Edited by - Lizard Dude on 8/20/2003 4:59:50 PM

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2003, 06:17:25 PM »
I'm a sega fan!  Have a GG and DC.  Grrr... so angry that sega dropped!  I really hate when people think sonic never had his own system.  And the show sonic underground was an insult to sonic!  I hope Sonic X isn't like that!

When Bart watches Itchy & Scratchy, how does he know he''s watching a cartoon and not real animals?

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2003, 06:34:05 PM »
Panic in Funkatron was a good game in its own right, but it just wasn't very satisfactory as a sequel to the first game.  It kinda lost all the element that made TJ&E great.
There were so many great Sega games...   Dynamite Headdy, Landstalker, Herzog Zwei, Shinobi, and of course, tied for my favorite game of al time, Gunstar Heroes...  And then oodles more...

Hmm...  Good ol' Sega...

Go Moon!
Go Moon!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2003, 08:24:55 PM »
They didn't change Eggman's name. It was never "really" Dr. Robotnik, and Bowser's name has ALWAYS been Bowser, ever since SMB.

Darn. Just another mess o’ Chocolate Pan Dowdy.
"I don''t want to live to see the day the Earth screws up." ~Trainman
That was a joke.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2003, 08:25:37 PM »
Gunblade I don't think they ever changed his name. His title is King Koopa but his name is Bowser Koopa... I think

Time slowed and Reality bent.
But on and on the Eggman went.

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2003, 04:56:13 PM »
Mr. Weird, they did change Eggman's name. They changed it to Dr. Robotnik. I explained why. They changed it back, I guess, for historical preservation reasons.

AND

Everyone should know this by now, but:

Koopa: Japanese name
Bowser: American name

That's all there is to it, man.

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven!”

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2003, 10:44:41 AM »
Yeah, I've been a SEGA fan about as long (or maybe even before) I was a Nintendo fan. I have a Genesis (favorite games are Sonic 3 and Knuckles and Revenge of Shinobi), and I had a Dreamcast, but it broke (favorite games are Sonic Adventure 2 and Crazy Taxi). I'm a little glad that SEGA stopped making systems, because now I only have to buy one Nintendo system instead of a Nintendo system and a SEGA system. Now I'm rambling. But my point is, I can't wait until I get F-Zero GX next Wednesday.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2003, 11:46:17 PM »
Umm... what I meant, LD, was that they didn't change his name from Robotnik to Eggman. (Well, technically, they did... but...) Aww, forget it. His name should have just stayed Eggman all along, like the princess should have stayed Peach all along.

Darn. Just another mess o’ Chocolate Pan Dowdy.
That was a joke.

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2003, 04:13:45 PM »
Funny how I could've possibly missed this topic.
I guess anything I wanted to say has been said, so I think I'll just take up space and revive it for someone else to rant on.

Sonic Rules!

"Walk softly and carry a Super Scope."
"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."

Print