Print

Author Topic: 15 and over, question  (Read 7648 times)

« on: December 02, 2003, 12:10:31 AM »
Who here is 15 or over and are completely comfortable with telling your friends at school you play a GameCube, witohut being afraid their make fun of you?

I ask this because in my school it is unheard of for a 9th grader to have only a GameCube. If so, they will make fun of him, the system, or both. This is practicle in my school do to Nitnendo's kiddy image. I am waundering how prevalant this is in other places around the world.

May the Power of the Dark Side compel you! :) HAHAHA! :)
May the Power of the Dark Side compel you! :) HAHAHA! :)

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2003, 12:19:01 AM »
Well, I'm 13, but if they make fun of you for that, you can live in silent satisfaction knowing that they are morons.  I mean, video games aren't that big a deal in which people should go out of their way to make fun of you.  People can prefer a different system, but to make fun of someone for that is pathetic.

If chickens had lips, could they whistle?
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2003, 12:19:48 AM »
Move to Antarctica.

Nothing says lovin’ like Chupperson from the oven.
That was a joke.

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2003, 12:27:26 AM »
In my old school, everyone in 6th grade liked GameCube because I liked it. But the stupid school district made me move to a closer school because they can't make any money off of me if I live too far from school but that's not the point. The point is, in my new school, everyone is a PS2 junkie and everyone's been making fun of me for having a GameCube.

Edited by - nintendofreak on 12/1/2003 10:28:03 PM
Deezer was here.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2003, 12:30:10 AM »
Never mind.

If chickens had lips, could they whistle?

Edited by - Markio on 12/1/2003 10:35:11 PM
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2003, 03:58:26 PM »
I'm 14, and everyone at my lunch table (the only place where video games might come up in a conversation) either has a GCN or wants one.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2003, 04:29:22 PM »
When I went to school the kids who didn't play Nintendo got made fun of. I couldn't imagine it the other way around.

Edited by - TheEggMan on Time slowed/and/Reality bent. But on:and:on the Eggman went. AM

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2003, 05:01:10 PM »
If you let people get to you for owning a Gamecube.

Sorry to say - But you're an idiot.

Screw what other people say about you, about anything. They're idiots.

I HAVE FURY.

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2003, 05:25:41 PM »
I sugguest do nothing and then tell the pther people what big morons they are. Nothing is cooler than mario and zelda. PS2 and Xbox r dum. Thats all
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2003, 06:05:06 PM »
I'm not made fun of for being a gamecube junky.
'course, my school is populated largely by idiots who see someone drawing and say "Hey! Is that Poky Mon(not a typo)?"

"Walk softly and carry a Super Scope."
"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2003, 07:34:15 PM »
I'm 15 and although some dirtbags insulted Gamecube when it first came out, they no longer talk to me about it since they obviously can't win the argument. Now-a-days, I've converted two people (One X-Box Fan, One PS2 Fan) to Nintendo Fans, and there are actually a quite a few Nintendo fans. In fact, basically all my friends are Nintendo fans.

I am Meowrik! The 5th Samurai Pizza Cat! beware the fearsome fury of my fiery Jalapeno Katana!
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2003, 10:25:58 PM »
All I have to say is: XBOX SUCKS!!!

« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2003, 10:29:03 PM »
My friends all have Gamecubes and hate Xbox too. My school is PS2 and Xbox junkies though.

-----------------------------
Mario likes to dance in his backwards pants! Yay!
-----------------------------
Mario likes to dance in his backwards pants! Yay!

« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2003, 11:42:08 PM »
about only 3 xbox fans litter at my school.most people either have a GC or PS2 or Both. Of course since the majority of my school come from the ghetto they're only intrested in banging girls,music videos, and other [junk].

The square root of a flexnard is a cup full of boogers-Carl,Jimmy Neutron

Edited by - Sapphira on 12/3/2003 5:59:20 PM
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2003, 01:52:22 PM »
I fail to realize why children would ridicule one another for a game system.

They must be short on things to do.
"Turkish Tobacco is the world''''s smoothest, most aromatic leaf. Blending it with rich domestic tobaccos and the world''''s finest menthol is the secret to Turkish Jade''''s distinctive mellow menthol flavor."

Print