Print

Author Topic: 15 and over, question  (Read 7606 times)

« on: December 02, 2003, 12:10:31 AM »
Who here is 15 or over and are completely comfortable with telling your friends at school you play a GameCube, witohut being afraid their make fun of you?

I ask this because in my school it is unheard of for a 9th grader to have only a GameCube. If so, they will make fun of him, the system, or both. This is practicle in my school do to Nitnendo's kiddy image. I am waundering how prevalant this is in other places around the world.

May the Power of the Dark Side compel you! :) HAHAHA! :)
May the Power of the Dark Side compel you! :) HAHAHA! :)

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2003, 12:19:01 AM »
Well, I'm 13, but if they make fun of you for that, you can live in silent satisfaction knowing that they are morons.  I mean, video games aren't that big a deal in which people should go out of their way to make fun of you.  People can prefer a different system, but to make fun of someone for that is pathetic.

If chickens had lips, could they whistle?
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2003, 12:19:48 AM »
Move to Antarctica.

Nothing says lovin’ like Chupperson from the oven.
That was a joke.

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2003, 12:27:26 AM »
In my old school, everyone in 6th grade liked GameCube because I liked it. But the stupid school district made me move to a closer school because they can't make any money off of me if I live too far from school but that's not the point. The point is, in my new school, everyone is a PS2 junkie and everyone's been making fun of me for having a GameCube.

Edited by - nintendofreak on 12/1/2003 10:28:03 PM
Deezer was here.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2003, 12:30:10 AM »
Never mind.

Edited by - Markio on 12/1/2003 10:35:11 PM

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2003, 03:58:26 PM »
I'm 14, and everyone at my lunch table (the only place where video games might come up in a conversation) either has a GCN or wants one.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2003, 04:29:22 PM »
When I went to school the kids who didn't play Nintendo got made fun of. I couldn't imagine it the other way around.

Edited by - TheEggMan on Time slowed/and/Reality bent. But on:and:on the Eggman went. AM

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2003, 05:01:10 PM »
If you let people get to you for owning a Gamecube.

Sorry to say - But you're an idiot.

Screw what other people say about you, about anything. They're idiots.

I HAVE FURY.

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2003, 05:25:41 PM »
I sugguest do nothing and then tell the pther people what big morons they are. Nothing is cooler than mario and zelda. PS2 and Xbox r dum. Thats all
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2003, 06:05:06 PM »
I'm not made fun of for being a gamecube junky.
'course, my school is populated largely by idiots who see someone drawing and say "Hey! Is that Poky Mon(not a typo)?"

"Walk softly and carry a Super Scope."
"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2003, 07:34:15 PM »
I'm 15 and although some dirtbags insulted Gamecube when it first came out, they no longer talk to me about it since they obviously can't win the argument. Now-a-days, I've converted two people (One X-Box Fan, One PS2 Fan) to Nintendo Fans, and there are actually a quite a few Nintendo fans. In fact, basically all my friends are Nintendo fans.

I am Meowrik! The 5th Samurai Pizza Cat! beware the fearsome fury of my fiery Jalapeno Katana!
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2003, 10:25:58 PM »
All I have to say is: XBOX SUCKS!!!

« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2003, 10:29:03 PM »
My friends all have Gamecubes and hate Xbox too. My school is PS2 and Xbox junkies though.

-----------------------------
Mario likes to dance in his backwards pants! Yay!
-----------------------------
Mario likes to dance in his backwards pants! Yay!

« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2003, 11:42:08 PM »
about only 3 xbox fans litter at my school.most people either have a GC or PS2 or Both. Of course since the majority of my school come from the ghetto they're only intrested in banging girls,music videos, and other [junk].

The square root of a flexnard is a cup full of boogers-Carl,Jimmy Neutron

Edited by - Sapphira on 12/3/2003 5:59:20 PM
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2003, 01:52:22 PM »
I fail to realize why children would ridicule one another for a game system.

They must be short on things to do.
"Turkish Tobacco is the world''''s smoothest, most aromatic leaf. Blending it with rich domestic tobaccos and the world''''s finest menthol is the secret to Turkish Jade''''s distinctive mellow menthol flavor."

« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2003, 03:19:04 PM »
Ha ha ha! That makes me happy to laugh. As if I even have feelings. That's make me angry to hear that anyone would make fun of kids who own Gamecubes. It would make me feel sad if I ever got teased for owning a Gamecube. But, like I said, I have no feelings. I'm jeleous of those who have feelings. I want them! Oh, darn, now I feel upset.

Behold the overwhelming power of my signature and bow before me! BOW!
Your sig is annoying. -Deezer

« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2003, 01:34:29 PM »
I dunno, it's evenly split at my school.  For the people who used to argue with me about which console was the best, they don't anymore, because then I yell at them for the rest of the week... :)
 n/a

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2003, 07:39:09 PM »
I am nearly 31 and the students I teach science in high school know I have a GameCube and play Mario games.  I wear Nintendo and Mario shirts to school.  I bring my GBAsp to class to motivate discussions on electronics.  I take my GameCube to school when discussing light, colors, analog, digital, etc.  (It used to be my N64 with TriStar64 I took.)  I know a math teacher that let student bring a GameCube to school once too.  I even dressed up as Mario on Oct. 31st.  Some of the students might laugh at me, but I don't care.  Even the admins know how I teach, and that it works.  On my most recent official evaluation we played a roller coaster game on a projection screen while the principal watched and even got into the game.  
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2003, 01:57:00 PM »
Everyone knows that mario revolutionized the adventure, arcade, srategy, and rpg elements of every game after them, anyone who doesn't like gamecube at my college is beaten to death. Half of us are majoring in electronic 3D rendering to work at nintendo.
Let me away from this boulder!

« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2003, 04:23:02 PM »
No one makes fun of me for playing GameCube... they make fun of me for other things.

-------

Irregularly Updated Frostbite Quote #3

"This is quite possibly the greatest cookie I`ve ever tasted."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2003, 02:30:23 AM »
...That's bad.

Nothing says lovin’ like Chupperson from the oven.
That was a joke.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2003, 08:20:56 PM »
I am very much against making fun of people, but a recent event in my science lab was an exception.  A guy repeatedly(I later learned) put a paper clip in a electrical outlet until an electrical shock made a loud pop, knocked him out of his stool and threw the breaker.  Immediatly someone called him stupid and someone else called him a dumb a**.  I didn't say anything to the guys that called him names.  Maybe it was wrong of them, but I think they just said what was on everyone elses mind, including mine and the other teacher in the room's.  
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2003, 09:16:12 PM »
I don't like making fun of people, but with certain exceptions.  My definition of making fun of someone and teasing are different, as teasing is kidding around and laughing with the person, and making fun is being a jerk with no regard towards the other's feelings.  As for your situation, you could've said that calling him stupid doesn't help anything, but what do I know, I'm just myself.

You wanna know the worst thing that can happen at school?  Playing capture the flag.  I mean, the tackling, and the competition, and the enemy creating.  I was on the opposite team of my best friend, and one guy got our flag, so I'm chasing him, and my friend blocks me so the guy scores, so I chase my friend across the field until he falls over and I throw grass at him.  And the losers had to do twenty-five push-ups.  Another friend of mine hid so hwe didn't have to do them.  ... I talk too much.

« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2003, 05:52:49 PM »
Simple Answer to Your Question:
You are socially unpopular

Fortunately, I am popular, so no one is uncomfortable, even though GameCube is more childish than any of Nintendo's other systems, but hey, it's fun.

« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2003, 05:36:30 PM »
Can I get a what what?

Hah hah, nerd.

Whoopin de deetle
Let me away from this boulder!

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2003, 05:52:24 PM »
"Simple Answer to Your Question:
You are socially unpopular"

Yeah, Todd. That's a great ego booster. Guess again.

"Fortunately, I am popular..."

There is no such thing. I am really not fond of a person who brags.

"...so no one is uncomfortable, even though GameCube is more childish than any of Nintendo's other systems..."

Most childish? I'd debate that...

"...but hey, it's fun."

You better believe it.

Trainman- Train Horn Man <--- I''m with stupid.
Formerly quite reasonable.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2003, 06:25:30 PM »
Uh-oh, Trainman is getting that Black Mage-look in his eye...

« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2003, 09:22:47 PM »
Man, remind me never to make a tongue-in-cheek comment on this board, ever.  Heh.
Chiichana mune, okkina hitomi . . .

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2003, 12:28:54 AM »
Yes, those are the ones most likely to be misunderstood.

I wish I were sun at dusk. ... ... ... ... ......ha ha kidding.
That was a joke.

« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2004, 06:45:46 AM »
im 13 but i recently found out from i psycoligost that my reading and maths are the same as a 16yr old.

most people at my school have a p.. a p.. a p.. ahhh i cant say it, its to horrible but here gose anyway they have a ps2 and they dont realy tease me bout the gamecube they just go "oh but thats nowhere neer as good as a ps2" they mainly tease me cause of my size (4ft 2") and my hair (auburn/orange) but yeah other than ps2 they are iterested in banging girls and picking on me and the girls r s*u*s (meaning the change boyfriends alot like every day) some are even lez  long story short my school dosent care about game system

i am the 1 and only tom ato (tomato) mario (the olny mario that throws tomatoes insted of fire balls)
if mario went on a diet and stopped hen he was as thin as luigi wouls we have to call him marigi

« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2004, 01:19:42 PM »
I'm 13 in a month ... but -

Everyone seems to forget about the GameCube. My French teacher asked everybody in the room whether he should get a *cough* P-S-2, *falls over* or a *cough* *COUGH* X ... X - b-b-b ... *chokes* X-bo - *hack-hack-hack* *chokes* *chokes* X-box ... x-x-x *head explodes* ... um, yeah. X-box. Everyone said PS2, but some idiot in the back raised their hand for Xbox. *chokes* Everyone laughed at him. Afterwards, I suggested - what about GameCube? Everyone stared at me as if I had done something horribly wrong. It made me feel bad.

Why doesn't anyone care about Nintendo, anymore?

-----------------------------------------
I like my emoticons, like I like my tea ...
"Blue, start over. Yellow is caution. Red is danger."

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2004, 02:43:05 PM »
"im 13 but i recently found out from i psycoligost that my reading and maths are the same as a 16yr old."

Did that have an adverse effect on your writing?

I don't mean to be entirely rude, but this is a message board; not a chat room. Take some time when writing.

« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2004, 05:40:02 PM »
Feh!

What's wrong with you people, asking why people think GameCube is kiddie? The major games released on it have no violence, little to no sexual innuendo, no dark humor to them, no complicated psychological storylines.

What you should be asking is... what is wrong with that? What makes those around you interested in sex, drugs, and useless gore, while a short, mustachioed plumber is much more appealing to you?

Because those other things are taboos. Apparently, "anyone" can have Mario, but they, delving in PlayStation 2 and X-Boxicity, are 'skating on the thin edge' of something they couldn't have had at younger ages. No, there's nothing rare or special in this! Not at all! It's human mentality, it, in itself, is the definition of immaturity. And it's common knowledge that everyone conforms to the faceless, swaying mass, and, the individuals, i.e., you picked on Nintendo Gods, must cut your own path.

But your sword is crafted much more sturdily, and your eyes are open and aided by the sun!

We shall rise in the future.

By the way, I own a PS2. My GameCube is played about 90% more often, and I suppose Final Fantasy X is the only game I really enjoyed on PS2 so far. GameCube has better games... and what [is] kiddy about it? Since when was solid black 'bad***'? That's common, I say! Common!!

I know I'm kinda' crazy...

Mario`s adventure is over for now, but,

Mario`s dream lives forever...

Dream on, Mario... dream on.

Edited by - Sapphira on 1/19/2004 7:34:48 AM

Kickin' it since 2000.

« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2004, 05:58:33 PM »
You're not crazy, Super Mario. I think you've hit the nail on the head. Basically if a game isn't violent or otherwise mature in nature then it's obviously 'childish' (or so they claim). And to that I say, 'then let it be childish'. Granted, sometimes a violent game does wonders for stress relief (for that I play Unreal Tournament), but just because a game is non-violent doesn't mean it isn't good. If these naysayers would actually give the Mario games a chance they might be pleasantly surprised.

And no, I've never really had a problem with others calling me weird for playing Nintendo games. Heck, one of my former roommates would play the games with me if they were two player. The only person to give me grief about it was my boyfriend (ironic, isn't it?) but I forgave him. :)

-----
Back from the Dead!
RaiaGirl :P

Edited by - RaiaGirl on 1/18/2004 4:00:47 PM
-----
Back from the Dead!
RaiaGirl :P

« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2004, 06:02:24 PM »
I'm glad someone agrees with me. I get hyped up sometimes, though. I'd be the first guy to run out in the street, flip over a burning car, stand on it, (avoiding the flames somehow), pump my fist in the air and scream, "No more! Shigeru or DEATH!"

Kickin' it since 2000.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2004, 08:37:39 PM »
Heh.

They wouldn’t pretty so bad, ain’t they?
That was a joke.

« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2004, 08:51:03 PM »
Heh indeed! ^_^

In reference to my last post, I would also have a denim jacket and long, unkempt hair. And would martyr myself against "the oppressors," never actually pinpointing who they were.

Sounds like a plan...

Go to the Story Boards and read my stor(y/ies).

Kickin' it since 2000.

« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2004, 09:29:12 PM »
Super Mario:  he's like Jesus, in a way.
Chiichana mune, okkina hitomi . . .

« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2004, 08:29:18 PM »
*in a soothing, calm voice* Yea. (like "yay")

Kickin' it since 2000.

Print