Print

Author Topic: Banjo-Kazooie VS. Donkey Kong 64  (Read 18103 times)

Jake

• Mr. Manure
« on: December 13, 2003, 10:26:56 PM »
Which one is better? The original or the clone? Let's check there Pros and Cons:

Banjo-Kazooie
Pros:
Great Graphics
Tight Gameplay
Decent Story
Good controls

Cons:
Annoying voice acting
Constent collecting could get tiresom
No Bosses

Donkey Kong 64
Pros:
Great Graphics (like Banjo-Kazooie)
Decent Controls
Unlockable Donkey Kong Arcade
Tight gameplay

Cons:
Tiny, Lanky and Chunky kinda suck
Basically a Banjo-Kazooie clone
Lame story (same ol' save Kong's and banna hoard)
Jet Pack.

The Winna: Banjo-Kazooie
Donkey Kong 64 was silver, but Banjo-Kazooie was (and still is) gold. Of coarse, Banjo-Tooie is better than both of them.

---------------------------------------------

GameNOW 4 lyfe! Luigi hated it when he crapped his pants. Boo!
Professional Paisano here

« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2003, 10:34:55 PM »
Banjo= Better much

For some reason, it's easier to get attatched to the characters.
I also like the idea of turning into stuff.

"Walk softly and carry a Super Scope."
"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2003, 11:03:41 PM »
donkey kong 64 was I think one of the worst games that nintendo ever made

everyone is entitled to my opinion...JK  
everyone is entitled to my opinion...JK  

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2003, 11:33:12 PM »
Hey genius, Nintnendo didn't make Donkey Kong 64. Rare made it. Get your facts straight before you diss a great game. Anywho, Banjo-Kazooie was a better game, but not by much. They were both really good. And yes, Banjo-Tooie was one of the greatest games on Nintendo 64, and one of the best in Video Game HIstory.

I am Meowrik! The 5th Samurai Pizza Cat! beware the fearsome fury of my fiery Jalapeno Katana!
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2003, 12:06:41 AM »
I liked Banjo-Kazooie better than Banjo-Tooie.  It had such a great mysterious, forboding feel to it that Tooie lost.  I think Tooie over-explained things to you.
Let me itemize a bit:

Grunty's Lair vs. Isle o' Hags:
Grunty's Lair was labrynthine at times.  You'd wander around, find weird stuff, have it become apparent - without someone telling you - and get pleasantly lost for the fact that the levels aren't always obvious before they were opened.  And Grunty's rhymes in the Lair?  Perfectamente.

Threats of the levels:
There was a lot of stuff that'd inspire fear (a way to tell a good threat) in the player, from long underwater passages to the shark who'd nip at your feet to the fact that dying would mean you'd have to restart your note collecting (dying MEANT something!) to the fact that really long falls could actually kill you (I loved that!  Click Clock's tree was huge - and it felt that way!)

Finding Jiggies
Jiggies were quite mysterious in the first game.  You'd be playing along and just find one sometimes, as opposed to having each one be obvious from the start.

Banjo-Kazooie had more of an impact on me than Tooie, though I still hold Tooie in high regard.  Hailfire peaks came very close to matching that threat level, Grunty Industries had a great mysterious, infiltrative feel, and all of the secrets and details would've been so great-- if Jamjars didn't announce and explain absolutely everything.
And then there's the fact that you could get all of Kazooies great moves, ditch Banjo and fly around the level... (Banjo's so useless!)

...Oh yeah, and Jolly Roger's Bay... THAT, I think, was the reason I bought the game.  I didn't know that you could freeze the octopi, and I didn't find the warp pads underwater.  So it had a great underwater exploration thing going for it.

Oh?  Donkey Kong 64?  That's right...  I didn't much care for it.  They tried to pack too much into too little space.  I've never been a fan of HAVING to go aver the same level five times over.  If I do, I'd like it to be of my own accord, thank you.

Go Moon!
Go Moon!

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2003, 09:31:18 AM »
The best thing about DK64 was the multiplayer.

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2003, 01:38:48 PM »
Oh, come on! Donkey Kong 64 is infintly better tham some stupid Banjo game! A whole bunch of things to do, cool levels, good controls, coll items u can get, multi-player;Donkey Kong 64 had it all. No Banjo game compares to DK64! NONE! Donkey Kong 64 is one of the best games not only on 64, but ever made.

Dallas Cowboys 8-5! YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-HAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
Oh yeah, Nintendo owns you.

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2003, 04:29:45 PM »
Banjo-Kazooie had an excellent multiplayer mode also. It was like Mario Party, 007 James Bond, and Jepordy all neatly rolled into one mix of a multiplyer mode.

I am Meowrik! The 5th Samurai Pizza Cat! beware the fearsome fury of my fiery Jalapeno Katana!
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2003, 05:28:55 PM »
:(  I like all three of those games...
All of them are on my top faves list...  *lip quivers, about to cry*

--------------------
Wise men talk because they have something to say;
fools, because they have to say something.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2003, 08:09:11 PM »
Well, let's make a comparison.

Banjo-Kazooie: Can beat in under 10 hours perfectly (All colllectables!) back a while ago. Memorized every facet of the game. Had way too much fun with it.

Donkey Kong 64: Got bored with it before I beat the 2nd boss.

You be the judge. I just like B-K better. Fifth explained it better than I ever could.

Stupid Quotes: (9th edition)
AP U.S. History teacher: "Your groups may have no more than 3 people in them."
*About one second later*
Tom G. (Student in this class): "Can we have 4 people in a group?"
~I.S.~

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2003, 08:21:38 PM »
I rented DK64 once, and besides the fact that I Do NOT like DK at ALL, I still liked BK better.  BK was better than Tooie, but i still love the Grunty Industries level.  I like the part of the song where it sounds like a secret agent movie.

If chickens had lips, could they whistle?
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2003, 09:00:04 PM »
yeah but Banjo-Kazooie had the great mystery that no one has yet to find out called "Stop N Swop" Rareware denies exsistance of this when it is clearely there. No one knows what those 6 Eggs and Ice Key are for. Banjo Tooie had fake Eggs and Key as a cover up. Hacking into the game finding the item codes don't match those of BT but through even more hacking found that the Ice Key was found in DK64!!!!! The games were meant to swap data between each other but something went wrong. See the info here...
http://www.rarewitchproject.com/dkspecial.shtml

Jinjo come in many colors...
except gray cause they''re dead.
Jinjo come in many colors...
except gray cause they''re dead.

« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2003, 07:38:14 AM »
Banjo-Kazooie. DK64 really sucked. And Killa, you just made my day. Calling Banjo-Kazooie stupid and calling DK64 one of the best games ever. I beleave you got it backwards. You made me so mad, I don't even feel like spamming this thread.

---------------------------------------------

I liked it when I got to see Peach''s pink panties in Super Smash Bros. Melee! HABOOYAYUH!
"I hate people who quote themselves in there signatures"-Me

« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2003, 04:41:28 PM »
Hey, I'm only saying what I think. Everyone thinks diferently. And I think DK64 is better than BK.

Dallas Cowboys 8-5! YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-HAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
Oh yeah, Nintendo owns you.

« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2003, 05:36:12 PM »
That (Swop n' stop) really was an anticlimax. I thought that the key and eggs would be cooler. The kazooie dragon spell and the Breegul Bash were entertaining at first, but I was hoping for something bigger.

Print