Print

Author Topic: Sonic Heroes (for GameCube, of course)  (Read 2156 times)

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« on: January 30, 2004, 07:20:01 PM »
Have any of you played Sonic Heroes for GameCube? I have, but it was only a short demo at Wal-Mart. That game is surprisingly much better than the previous Sonic Adventure games. The graphics are good, but they don't really push the hardware capabilities...but no one really cares about that except geeky low-life Xbox fans.

The speed in Sonic Heroes is fanatstic. It is a LOT faster than the previous Sonic Andventure games, with a solid framerate of at least 60 frames per second!

I was in awe when I saw the incredibly designed levels that I could play in. There were only two levels in the demo, though: a beach level similar to the first level in Sonic Adventure 1, and a mountain level similar to the one in Sonic Adventure 2.

If you are unfamiliar with the gameplay of Sonic Heroes, you basically play as a team of three characters. Each team consists of a leader and two followers. Each team member has a special ability that helps you get past tough obsticals: Power, Speed, and Flight. Tails is the Flight member, Sonic is the Speed member, and Knuckles is the Power member. You can switch between team members at any time, which really adds variety to the game.

Example, if you are playing with Sonic in the lead, and you come up to a high wall that he can't jump over, simply switch your lead character to Tails, and he can use his Flight ability to carry the other characters over the wall!

Sonic Heroes seems like a really fun game that adds a lot of innovation to the Sonic franchise. The team member formula is very unique and allows you to have varied gameplay styles depending on the characters you use.

There are 4 teams in all, with three characters to a team.
The teams are listed below:
* Team Sonic - Tails, Knuckles, and Sonic
* Theam Dark - Shadow, Rouge the Bat, and a robot named Omega.
* Team Rose - Amy Rose, Big the Cat, and Cream the Rabbit (from Sonic Advance 2)
* Team Chaotix - I forgot their names, but this team is more unique than the other ones, because they have different abilities that the other characters don't have.

I highly suggest you play Sonic Heroes if you have not already. Is is definitely worth it!

============================================
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

Spiky Blue Shell

• Bane of Mario Kart
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2004, 07:42:44 PM »
According to several game magazine reviews and stuff, I heard that game wasn't too good. But I thought it was kind of fun. Sorta.

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2004, 11:52:20 PM »
It's not as great as SA2B, but I love it! Shadow returns!

-----------------------------
Mario likes to dance in his backwards pants! Yay!
-----------------------------
Mario likes to dance in his backwards pants! Yay!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2004, 12:17:26 AM »
Sure, variety, when all there is to it is to run along a straight course and be told when to switch to different teammates. Not my idea of variety, or fun.

The Andorian Mining Consortium runs from no one.
That was a joke.

Jake

• Mr. Manure
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2004, 08:57:14 AM »
I played it, and love it. It's alot better than Sonic Adventure 2, but it's not as good as Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg (GCN). For one thing, you finally get to play as the speedy characters, but at the same time, the slow characters also. Thats what I really hated about the first two Sonic Adventure games. They didn't have enough Sonic or other fast characters. The other characters were either slow (Tails, Amy, ect) or had really boring gameplay (Dr.Eggman, Big the Cat, ect). Thank god Heroes has more Sonic.

---------------------------------------------

Gotta kill fast! Gotta kill fast! Gotta kill faster! Faster! Faster! Faster! Lonic X!
Professional Paisano here

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2004, 09:49:36 AM »
You want tails as a speedy character, play the original Sonic adventure.
The guys you left out were guys from the Knuckles Chaotix game. Which I have never played. *grinds teeth* I THINK their names are Mighty, Espio, Vector, Heavy, and Bomb. I don't know which ones are on the Sonic Heroes team.
I don't think the courses are straight. It'd be neat to have really nonlinear courses.

"Walk softly and carry a Super Scope."
"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."

Jake

• Mr. Manure
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2004, 10:03:36 AM »
Actually, the team is Espio the Chamelion, Vector the Aligator and Charmie the Bee.

---------------------------------------------

Gotta kill fast! Gotta kill fast! Gotta kill faster! Faster! Faster! Faster! Lonic X!
Professional Paisano here

Print