Print

Author Topic: Tales of Symphonia  (Read 2278 times)

« on: September 22, 2004, 04:09:12 PM »
Have any of you played this game? This game is very long, but fun as you play.
Werid Fortune Cookies- Hard work pays off in the future. Laziness pays off now.

« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2004, 06:13:09 PM »
I had originally wanted either this game or Pikmin 2. I wound up choosing Pikmin 2.

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2004, 08:26:11 PM »
Mmm, I bought it during the summer but haven't played it yet.

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven.”

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2004, 08:34:18 PM »
Long games are good.
That was a joke.

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2004, 10:46:20 PM »
I liked it.

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2004, 07:18:24 PM »
I'll shed more light on the features of this game.

Be careful because this list may contain spoilers, but it's good to newcomers to this game.

Anime cut scenes which appear near the end of disk 1 and more cut scenes in disk 2.

Each time you encounter a monster or boss you will be put into a battlefeild as usual in role playing games, but they are not turn based and you can move around the battlefeild to attack your foe. You can use special attacks by using the b button with the control sitck and the c stick. You can choose the foe you want to attack by pressing the r button and using the control stick to pick a foe. You can even pause the action by pressing start or the y button. If you use the y button to pause, you can heal your characters, put new wepons and/or armor on your party members, combine special attacks with your pary members special attacks and you can run away as always. This makes battles more fun than ever.

There is a lot of voice work in this game if your in a cut scene without or with anime.

There are 3 worlds in this game in which you alternate between two of them. The world that you start in is called Sylvarant. I forgot the name of the second world but I remember that some of the towns are big cities. The third world of this game is a mystery and I don't know much about it.

You can travel in a boat and an aircraft in this game. When you get the aircraft, you'll use it more that the boat.

The storyline is great for this game, but in some parts of the game, the storyline can be very sad.

I've just found somthing funny in Tales of Symphonia. When you have Zelos on your party select him for your party appearance. Go to the house of guidance with the hot spring and talk to the person guarding the spring. Talking to him as Zelos will not do anything for the first time. Talk to him a second time as Zelos and choose females when you have a chance. You'll laugh when you see what happens. You'll also earn Lloyd the title Peeping Tom and Colette the title Ironing Board.

Edited by - Tingrio on 9/29/2004 3:02:38 PM

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2004, 10:18:26 PM »
It's the greatest RPG since Skies Of Arcadia, but they use the D word too many times. Kratos' the best male and Presea's the best female.

What would Scooby Doo?

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2004, 07:29:10 PM »
I noticed something about one of Colette's attacks. Her pow hammer attack is like the Hammer Bros. throwing hammers, but Colette's hammers she throws are red. Also my new story in the story boards section fuses the Mario world with the worlds of Tales of Symphoina. So all Tales of Symphoina fans and Mario fans shoud go check out and add the next part to the tale if you would like.

Edited by - Tingrio on 11/10/2004 5:32:45 PM

Print