Print

Author Topic: Revolutionary Augmented Reality?  (Read 2739 times)

« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2005, 01:58:38 PM »
Oh my gosh! I hope so! I'd love to make it look like I can move Mario in my room! Like jump off the walls and go Mario-esque in there!

Blam this peice of garbage! .....Oops. Wrong site....

Edited by - Master Mario XP on 2/5/2005 12:14:06 PM
TMK fan since three years ago!

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2005, 03:14:19 PM »
I wouldn't want my Revolution to say The Page Could Not Be Found.

Dang Jackie, I don''t want to kiss a short, pale and poor girl.
-Michael Kelso, That 70''s show_
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2005, 03:33:10 PM »
It is only played in "hifi" my PC only plays "lofi"  So that means it is all chopy and it buffers through the whole thing.  Please tell me what they are talking about!!!!!!!!!

O world-egg, hear me.
I am Horus of millions of years.
I am lord and master of the throne
Freed from evil, I traverse the ages
and spaces that are endless.
I only watch [adult swim]

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2005, 04:52:47 PM »
Augmented Reality consists into real-time merging of the real (videos taken from a camera) and the virtual (images made by a 3D software).

Here's a smaller video showing marker tracking.

In the car design video you can "see" virtual cars move over and around real objects.

Edited by - Luigison on 2/5/2005 3:05:00 PM

“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2005, 06:25:35 PM »
This is a very intresting type of research going on here. It will ge so cool once it is fully discovered.
Werid Fortune Cookies- Hard work pays off in the future. Laziness pays off now.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2005, 08:18:08 PM »
It's hard for me to understand how this could be fully used in video games as of now. Luigison, could you enlighten me on the possibilities, please?

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2005, 08:29:08 PM »
I don't think Nintendo will use augment reality after their failure with the Virtual Boy, but it would be interesting.  The technology is probably still to expensive anyway.

Imagine playing Super Smash Brother Revolution in full holographic 3D.  The game could be different depending on where you play it.  In your living room Samus could roll under a love seat while Link jumps off the coffee table and Kirby floats up to the ceiling fan.

I read an article somewhere that the Revolutions controler may have a motion sensor, but no traditional buttons.  It could be like the thing the guy in the first video I posted has in his hand that the flower and later light saber are projected onto.  Imagine playing as Link with his sword and fighting an image of Ganon in your bedroom.  
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Hirocon

• June 14-16, every year
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2005, 10:12:11 PM »
The video was pretty interesting, but I don't see this technology being used in video games.  When I play escapist fantasy games, I do so because I want to ESCAPE.  I want to fight Hooktail in the tallest tower of an ancient and mysterious castle, not in my bedroom.  My bedroom is boring; that's why I play video games in the first place.

Print