Print

Author Topic: Xbox 360, what do you think?  (Read 5936 times)

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« on: December 06, 2005, 07:56:29 PM »
Now that the Xbox 360 is here, glitches and all, what do you guys think of the console so far? Is Microsoft promising too much with their HD-era, "take-over-the-entertainment-center" approach, or do we just need to wait and see what types of games will be available.

I personally think that Microsoft has done an excellent job of hyping the 360. Gamers all over the world have lined up to buy the console, sometimes waiting in the cold for hours outside of stores. The games are good, not revolutionary. The graphics are great, but they will improve over time.

The real thing that sets the 360 apart from the competition (Sony) is online gaming. Xbox Live is the de-facto of online services. Microsoft has promised huge things with Xbox Live, and so far they have delivered. The online gaming is integrated so semelessly into the games, that sometimes you don't even realise you are playing online.

The only problem with Xbox 360 is this: Based on many reports on the Internet, it seems the Xbox 360 is a hungry machine. The console reportedly uses a ton of electricity, and the ugly power brick only adds to the problems. The tri-core processor and unique cooling system certainly use up a lot of energy, and that will be bad in the long run for people with limited financial budgets.

People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2005, 08:37:44 PM »
It was well hyped but incredibly rushed. I personally think Microsoft could've at least held back a few weeks before releasing defected consoles in limited quantities that ran out faster than free money at the bank. I'm pretty sure all the mistakes will be fixed by the second wave of 360's released though. All we need now is some quality games to actually consider buying one.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2005, 09:05:19 PM »
Here's what I think.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2005, 12:33:44 PM »
Graphics are great, but does that really improve the games?
Xbox Live is the de-facto of online services.
What does that even mean?
That was a joke.

Hirocon

• June 14-16, every year
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2005, 01:53:05 PM »
X-Box Live charges people to play games online.  Nintendo Wi-Fi does not.  How can you claim that X-Box Live is superior to Nintendo Wi-Fi?

mario2_gold

• Banned
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2005, 04:46:18 PM »
my math teacher has an xbox 360 and he gave us an important test, and sience most of us passed, hes gonna bring it in.
{fosters}

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2005, 06:11:47 PM »
Someone told me that the 360's have flaws that are making them be recalled.
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2005, 06:41:31 PM »
I knew about the flaw all along: they exist.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2005, 09:22:41 PM »
Someone told me that the 360's have flaws that are making them be recalled.

Someone was wrong.

Some machines are having problems, over heating, scratching discs and what not, but there has not been a recall issued.

Most every console has its share of problems at launch. It's not uncommon.

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2005, 09:23:44 PM »
See, Nintendo would never let that kind of stuff happen to her loyal fans.
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2005, 09:29:16 PM »
Come off it. Don't be so blindly biased. It's ridiculous.

Every console has some sort of trouble at it's launch, be it technical, difficultly finding one, or a lack of games. Give it some time and things are sorted out. As I'm sure you know, Microsoft has offered an immediate replacement for any defective console.

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2005, 09:30:42 PM »
Meh...I'm not a XBox guy anyway.
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2005, 02:02:56 PM »
If you were one, eventually someone would hunt you down and get Dr. Mario to give you 20 tetnis shots.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2005, 03:14:09 PM »
I am incredibly surprised that no one replied with something like "u all suk cuz u like xbpx 360 cuz it sux and the revvloltoin pwnz the xb oz306 cuz u suxx!!!!11" or something like that.
every

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2005, 03:31:09 PM »
You're still not weirder than me. No one is!

Print