Print

Author Topic: Xbox 360, what do you think?  (Read 5914 times)

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2005, 04:00:55 PM »
I am incredibly surprised that no one replied with something like "u all suk cuz u like xbpx 360 cuz it sux and the revvloltoin pwnz the xb oz306 cuz u suxx!!!!11" or something like that.

That probably couldn't happen at the FF. That's why I'm glad most people on the forums reply with intelligent responses.
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2005, 04:00:21 PM »
Yay! I'm not one!
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2005, 09:08:51 PM »
Thing is, if this were 4 years ago, Glorb wouldn't be far from the truth.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2005, 09:48:24 PM »
Glorb's not anti-Nintendo. He's just anti-next gen.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2005, 12:53:36 PM »
The Xbox 360 has just launched in Japan, and so far it is not selling too well. Once Microsoft releases some of their big Japanese games (like the 2 year old Final Fantasy XI), perhaps Japanese gamers will like the 360.

I just realized, Final Fantasy XI is 2 years old, and it is being re-released on a next-gen console... If I remember correctly, FFIX sold terribly on the PS2 and PC, so why would anyone want to buy it for an Xbox 360?
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2005, 12:57:57 PM »
I forgot to add:

If Microsoft cannot keep the over-hyped momentum of Xbox 360 going into 2006, then the console will quickly fade away, to be replaced by PS3 and Nintendo "Revolution".
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2005, 01:03:45 PM »
a) I didn't know that Square cared to work for Microsoft, and
b) There were rumors that the Revolution wasn't going to try and be the Best. They will be anyway, in my view.

You've reached true video game happiness when you play all 3 brands of games equally. But I don't. Nintendo's my favorite and I use my money to get Nintendo stuff.
It's YOUR problem!

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2005, 05:07:56 PM »
I know that I've been bashing the Revolution controller somewhat (remember the "potato" comparison?) But I now begin to see why it would work. Granted, probably the only games that would work on the Revolution are Nintendo games, but some ideas are very awesome. For instance, Nintendo confirmed that Metroid Prime 3 would be like a free-roaming lightgun shooter, where the controller is used for aiming and the analog stick is (obviously) used for movement. Also, there are some rumors of new Wario Ware and Star Wars (controller used like a lightsaber in first-person) games. And how cool would a House of the Dead game be? Incredibly cool, suffice to say.
every

« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2005, 06:41:57 PM »
Ahh, it seems that Glorb has finally seen the light we've been bathing in for months now. How's it like, Glorb?

Microsoft should've done the smarter thing and invest in a new Dragon Warrior game rather than a Final Fantasy port considering how popular the series is in Japan.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2005, 07:28:58 PM »
360 in my opinion had a false start from the starting line. (When you hold A too long in Mario Kart in the start.) But it will probably do well for the rest of the year.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2005, 07:46:28 PM »
I don't know. I think it might get less popular if they stop making Halo. I've heard they were going to... But I'm probably wrong. Mr. Face? Tell us the status of the Xbox 360.
It's YOUR problem!

Yoshi55

• Banned
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2005, 09:29:45 PM »
*laughs evilly at 360* I knew the console would be defective.
He's back. All you had to do is ask. Super Mario Bros. 3 from Nintendo. Now you're playing with POWER! (SMB3 NES commercial)

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2005, 11:55:52 PM »
"The console" isn't defective, just hundreds and hundreds of them have happened to be.
I have got to say I'm tired of someone named Mario Maniac talking endlessly about how worried he is for Microsoft and Sony.
That was a joke.

Print