Print

Author Topic: Pokemon topic  (Read 141900 times)

« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2006, 05:32:20 PM »
XD- it's XD!

In Emerald, I'm currently training for the Elite 4. Maybe I should either catch Rayquaza, or level up all my Pokemon to 55. Which should I do?
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2006, 05:49:57 PM »
Both.  Rayquaza does pretty well against that Dragon trainer.  But even with Rayquaza, the battles will be hard if you don't level up your Pokemon to at least 50. (I once threw just ONE ultra ball when battling Rayquaza, and it was MINE!  Just ONE!  I'm NOT kidding!)
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2006, 10:46:35 AM »
Yeah, that sounds like a good idear. Myself, I prob'ly wouldn't get that far. *goes to hide in shame*
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2006, 02:58:04 AM »
Emerald is too easy, I've played it too much. If you want a challenge, try downloading Pokemon Netbattle... you'll get put up against some really good trainers, I have a horrible streak there.

BTW, my name in Netbattle is Cool Trainer Mitch.

« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2006, 01:27:17 PM »
Netbattle?!?!?! Pokemon battles on the internet?!?!?! That sounds like the coolest thing since Ditto kicking!!!! (I hate Ditto, that's why I like to kick it...)
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2006, 03:07:49 PM »
Hey, don't bag Ditto...

Yeah, Netbattle is awesome... a little addictive, however. Playing on it, I noticed that there are awesome battlers on the net, not to mention you can use any Pokemon, and teach it any moves it can learn. I have a Sceptile with Aerial Ace, Leaf Blade, Dragon Claw and Crunch. Really useful.

BTW, I'd post a battle example here, but some of the battles take ages.

Download link: http://www.tvsian.com/netbattle/

« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2006, 07:46:11 AM »
I'm playing Pokemon, talkin' on the Fungi Forums and doin' my work at the same time. I sure can multitask.

The reason I hate Ditto is because I can't catch the stupid thing, and I really need it... for breeding purposes... DON'T LOOK AT ME LIKE THAT!

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2006, 03:03:48 PM »
What scares me is that I haven't played Pokemon in about 7 years or so, and yet I STILL remember my final lineup from blue version when I quit:

Venusaur, Charizard, Blastoise (hey, I like the starting forms), Zapdos, Gengar, Mewtwo. I tried to cover about as many bases with the types as I could.

I essentially quit once they added 100 to the first 150. Got annoying to keep track of.
~I.S.~

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2006, 03:35:33 PM »
I agree. The number of Pokémon they have today is absurd. Having so many Pokémon makes it harder for them all to be unique. And the new Pokémon have distinctly lost that special Pokémon flavor to them. Some of them greatly resemble something I'd expect to see from Digimon. I stick to the 3 original games. I tried to play Silver when it first came out, but eventually stopped playing.

« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2006, 07:35:08 PM »
Wasn't it fun when there were only 151 of them? Pokemon has been tainted with the thought of "more monsters means more fun!" Sadly, it is not.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2006, 03:38:46 PM by PaperLuigi »
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2006, 11:55:31 PM »
Right now, there are 395 Pokemon. You can only catch 386 currently, but here are some from Diamond and Pearl:

Bonsly, Sudowoodo's pre evolution. Rock type.
Manyula, Sneasel's evolution. Ice/Dark type.
Munchlax, Snorlax's pre evolution. Normal type.
Manene, Mr. Mime's pre evolution. Psychic type.
Rukario, new legendary. Star of 8th movie. Steel/Fighting type.
Tamanta, Mantine pre-evolution. In 9th movie. Probably Water/Flying type.
Perappu, a brand new Pokemon. Resembles a macaw. Probably Normal/Flying type.
Buizeru, another new Pokemon. Sorta looks like an otter. It could be heaps of types...
Manaphy, a new legendary Pokemon. Stars in 9th movie. Probably Water type. (-_-')

I agree, the original 151 were good... but, there are exceptions to this rule. I like many of the Johto and Hoenn Pokemon, and hate some of the Kanto *coughOddishcough*.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2006, 12:09:56 AM »
WAY too many new ones. I mean, almost 400? And there's nothing legendary about them anymore, there's so many freaking legends all these things may as well be coming from children's books. Well, the Gold-Silver-Crystal era was the best, in my opinion. The Red-Blue-Yellow is second, but it was a bit too simple. GSC has the perfect balance of new goodness and old simplicity.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2006, 12:13:58 AM »
I say they should get rid of some of them before adding more. No-one likes Oddish, right?

BTW, I hope Diamond and Pearl are good games. If they stick with those kiddy storylines, I'm gonna go psycho and make my own Pokemon fangame. We NEED better storylines, Gamefreak!

My dream game: A Pokemon game, starring the characters of my fanfic, in a new region, with Missingno as the final boss, and the ability to go back to Kanto, Johto and Hoenn.

*faints*

« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2006, 11:28:37 AM »
No-one likes Oddish, right?

I like Oddish, it's cute. :'(

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2006, 05:10:02 PM »
Most non-evolved Pokémon are pretty weak, doesn't mean they should be removed

Print