Poll

Do you think the Nintendo Wii be a sucess?

Yep. It will be the best system ever.
32 (51.6%)
It will be better than average, and you plan on buying it.
26 (41.9%)
Ehh... It will just sell as much as the Gamecube.
2 (3.2%)
Not really, I think Wii won't quite measure up to an Xbox.
1 (1.6%)
Nope, none or barely any Wii's will be sold when it comes out.
1 (1.6%)

Total Members Voted: 61

Print

Author Topic: Will Wii Make it?  (Read 23994 times)

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #45 on: May 18, 2006, 06:39:15 PM »
Hey I just thought of something funny, What if Nintendo crushes the 360 and the ps3, so sega comes back and it's Mario vs. sonic alllll over again!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #46 on: May 18, 2006, 08:02:52 PM »
That'll never happen. There's no way Sega can come back. ONce you drop out of the console race, you're usually unfit to return for quite a while.

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #47 on: May 18, 2006, 08:30:32 PM »
That'll never happen. There's no way Sega can come back. ONce you drop out of the console race, you're usually unfit to return for quite a while.
After a lot of thinking I see that you have a point. Look at Atari,3DO,etc.

« Reply #48 on: May 19, 2006, 11:28:09 AM »
I believe the difference is that with 360, you can actually upgrade the Core version to full functionality of the full version by buying a hard drive, wireless controllers, ethernet cables, etc.

It sounds like the cheap PS3 will have things that can never be upgraded, like HDMI output and more hard drive space. Who knows, though. As long as it's not released yet, there's hope.

I was wrong. The only thing you can't ever upgrade is the HDMI.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #49 on: May 20, 2006, 09:48:24 AM »
After checking out the fan status, I think Wii will win, if not, second behind X-box 360.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #50 on: May 22, 2006, 08:11:37 PM »
The original Atari company hasn't existed for quite some time. 3DO was, I believe, the only console invented by the guy that invented it.
That was a joke.

« Reply #51 on: May 29, 2006, 09:16:18 PM »
Okay, lets break all this down...
Lets start with Japan.
In Japan, the 360 factor is realatively negligable. Its a battle between a 250 dollar Wii, and a 500 dollar PS3. Yes, the PlayStation name may mean a lot, but that sure didn't do a thing for Nintendo when they lost their grip on the consol (ahah julius ceaser last consol... i crack myself up) market. To top all of this off, the DS is allready on fire over there. So I really don't see a reason that Nintendo can't win in the land of the setting (rising?) sun.

In America though, the 360 isn't something to shrug off. It will have several (probobly not 10) million consols allready sold before the wii and ps3 set foot here. the price gap between a 200 dollar wii and 300 dollar 360 isn't the same gap between that of the PS3. Not to mention, in America people seem to care a lot more for their graphical fix, and wouldn't mind the eye-candy of the wii's opponents. Ultimatley the wii could get high up in the market by getting new people to play, and satisfying the plebians with an affordable consol (no roman joke intended). I still think that the 360 will most likley take the market over here, maybe not by much, but I think M$ has gotten their act together.
I come bearing a gift. I'll give you a hint. It's in my diaper and it's not a toaster.

« Reply #52 on: June 16, 2006, 05:21:56 PM »
the only problem i have with Wii is that annoying controller could it only be a standard GC controoler?
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #53 on: June 16, 2006, 05:40:15 PM »
Care to tell us what makes the controller 'annoying'?

« Reply #54 on: June 16, 2006, 05:50:27 PM »
it's a remote, not a controlor and no games Should Require the wii mote! get my drift?Which i don't even think the sytem should be call wii but REVOLUTION! What The hammers where they smoking when they came up that name?

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #55 on: June 16, 2006, 05:56:23 PM »
Are you aware of what this thing can do? It's the closest to VR at the moment and the name Wii represents We, as in Us, as in more than one person playing the game at a time. Get it?

« Reply #56 on: June 16, 2006, 06:04:58 PM »
thank you, i had no idea.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #57 on: June 16, 2006, 06:09:18 PM »
SRISLY? It's been all over the various gaming news sites for a year now. E3 was last month. You should see the games for it.

« Reply #58 on: June 16, 2006, 06:11:03 PM »
I will in fact i'm going to get a wii. not like i wasn't before.

« Reply #59 on: June 16, 2006, 06:16:30 PM »
My prediction?
The Wii shall dominate, the 360 will do very well, and the PS3 will crash and burn.
"Silly Bowsie, tiers are for queers!"

Print