Print

Author Topic: YKYOWNW...  (Read 6679 times)

AbercrombieBaseball

• FitchPitch
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2006, 10:02:20 PM »
The song is really catchy, I must admit. I found myself playing it on the piano by ear.

My school used to play it on videos too. I was the dude who gave the school announcements but there would always be an intro video. Sometimes it would be highlights from a football game, basketball game, or even the marching band. Sometimes it was student or teacher spotlight (I usually did this stuff). And now and then it would be some tech savvy video done by one of the computer type people. There was one that had the Mario song as well as a few clips from one of the games in the background. The video was done really nicely and the entire school wound up getting the song stuck in their head.

Later we found out a guy named Mr. Bungle recorded a jazz remix of it. This got played in the background of the announcements a few times. I think everyone in the school capable of playing a piano could have pounded out at least the opening to it by the end of the year. One of my best buddies is a huge Mr. Bungle fan--I didn't even know who he was untli last January!

Did not know those shirts were that popular. But then again, I have never been to a Hot Topic. I pretty much only have one clothing store I frequent a lot (judging by my online name you should be able to figure out where I like to shop).

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2006, 10:46:07 PM »
... you have registered 95 of 101 registerable Nintendo games and are expecting several more in the mail soon.

I'm missing:
- Classic NES Series: Excitebike
- Classic NES Series: Metroid
- Kirby & The Amazing Mirror
- Classic NES Series: Pac-Man
- Pokémon Emerald
- Nintendogs - Best Friends Edition
- Mario Superstar Baseball
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2006, 12:12:54 AM »
One of the most popular people at my school once watched an online video that contained someone playing the Mario theme on piano. I asked if it was someone wearing clothing similar to Mario's (Lizard Dude) but he didn't know. Now, he regularly hums the theme during History. Weird.

It was probably the Video Game Pianist.

« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2006, 09:22:41 AM »
Luigison, I would give you my code for Classic NES Series: Excitebike, but I already registered it. Sorry

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2006, 10:13:11 AM »
Luigison, I would give you my code for Classic NES Series: Excitebike, but I already registered it. Sorry
That's fine.  Thanks.  I won it on eBay anyway.  I think I only need Pokemon Emerald and Nintendogs Best Friends now, but won't know for sure until all the games from eBay arrive and I can verify that they have unused codes.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2006, 12:49:15 PM »
You know you're obsessed w/ Nintendo when...

You try to play Nintendo game music by ear
You want to learn sword fighting with your left hand
You yell "I saved the Princess!!" every day.
You refer to turtles as Koopas.
When victorious, you shout out a Mario phrase
You annoy people by shouting 'HEY!' and 'LISTEN!'

You know you OWN when...

You can jump really high without the use of a trampoline, and attract princesses
You have three triangles marked on the back of your hand
You've mastered all four elements (Water, Earth, Fire, and Air)
You're a dragon
You're James Bond
You're Shigeru Miyamoto
You make an apearance in a "The Ultimate Showdown" music video
You're a playable character in a Super Smash Bros. game.
You have being Fawful
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2006, 01:30:01 AM »
You know you're obsessed with Nintendo when...

...everytime you see this movie, you think it's time to buy a new memory card.

« Last Edit: August 14, 2006, 03:32:46 AM by Lizard Dude »

« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2006, 11:20:49 AM »
^Um... LD, I can't see the image.^

Anyway, you know you're obsessed with Nintendo when...

-You stole a wii, it's sensor bar, a wii-mote and some games from E3 to play at home.
-You practice your jumps everyday in hopes you may one day be able to jump as high as Mario
-You create a fully functional, scale F-Zero racer.
-You are arrested for carrying an arm cannon. In your defense, you say you wanted to be like your hero, Samus.
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2006, 11:30:15 AM »
ah, an image.  that's why ld's post made no sense.

« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2006, 09:44:38 AM »
You know you're obsessed with nintendo when:

-You watch all the Nintendo cartoons religiously
-You have the Original Mario Movie
-You make a fanmade radio station playing their best hits
-You claim to be any of the characters or representitives of the company.
Loyal nintendo fan since 1991! WTMK Is the best radio station EVER! Super Mario will never die!!!!!!

AbercrombieBaseball

• FitchPitch
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2006, 06:48:06 PM »
I saw a guy at a fast food place with a Mario tattoo on his arm. I think that counts as obsessed.

« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2006, 07:20:07 PM »
I saw a guy at a fast food place with a Mario tattoo on his arm. I think that counts as obsessed.

Well, as long as it wasn't a temporary tatoo, I guess you could call that fairly obsessed.

Here's two more:
-At dinner, you say "Oh boy! I'm so hungry, I could eat an octarock!"
-You attemp to ride Rhinos, yelling " Ye haw! Forward, Rambi!"
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

AbercrombieBaseball

• FitchPitch
« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2006, 08:12:55 PM »
It looked pretty permanent to me. He was an employee, too, so I doubt he would wear a temporary one (I don't think I've seen anyone wear those since middle school).

« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2006, 02:01:41 PM »
Perhaps, one reason I can think of is you know more about the history of Nintendo and important figures in the company then you do about your own family? :/

Print