Print

Author Topic: Win a Nintendo DS game by playing trivia!  (Read 2422 times)

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« on: August 25, 2006, 08:06:29 PM »
Every week, Planet GameCube, a site I also work on, holds trivia.  Every now and then there is a prize!  Tonight is one of those nights.  At 9:30 CT (in about half an hour), there will be team trivia in #planetchat on irc.dorksnet.org.  You can reach this room by entering the TMK chatroom and typing "/join #planetchat"  Go here for more info and rules: http://planetgamecube.com/newsArt.cfm?artid=11949  Show off your Nintendo knowledge and win!

« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2006, 03:56:43 AM »
Hmm, who won?

If I didn't work, I bet the Dapper Duo could have prevailed.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2006, 07:56:46 AM »
So that was all the fancy stuff that was going on last night. Oh well. :S
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2006, 10:48:00 AM »
Thanks for the heads-up, MEGAߥTE.  Sadly, I didn't see this until just now.  Trivia's not really my bag, so it probably wouldn't have made a difference anyway.
Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2006, 06:48:36 PM »
I'm only good at utterly useless trivia. For example, did you know that the Dwarf Pigmy Gobie is the smallest fish on Earth? Or that Quentin Tarantino has a foot fetish? Or that humans use only about 50% of their brains? I do, for reasons unknown.
every

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2006, 09:29:06 PM »
What? I thought that humans only use 10%. Of their brains.

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2006, 09:47:41 PM »
Teh Argentinans won. No contest. We felt bad crushing everyone, so we gave our points + prize to second place.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2006, 10:36:45 AM »
The 10%, 50%, whatever brain thing is a totally wrong urban legend.

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2006, 12:22:40 PM »
... Well, for most people it is.  Anyway, you used to be the king of trivia, MEGAߥTE.  Why'd you retire and become staff?  Are the rewards really that much greater?  I seem to remember you walking away with some pretty good prizes.

Some other TMK staffers participate as well... and they perform admirably... and, well, you know:  With you as a question writer now, has anyone raised a suspicious eye?
Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

Print