Print

Author Topic: Your Personal Secrets Pertaining To Video Games  (Read 24553 times)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #45 on: October 20, 2006, 09:34:15 PM »
...I have a copy. GameCube is death.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #46 on: October 22, 2006, 06:27:07 AM »
Certain parts of Luigi's Mansion scare me. Most notably when the chandilier falls on you and the sound of a ghost comes up up even though there aren't supposed to be any ghosts in lit rooms. *shivers*

Ooh, that gave me the creeps every time. *shivers*
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #47 on: October 22, 2006, 08:06:28 AM »
I once got very mad at Pokemon Pinball and proceeded to throw it across the room. However, it hit a giant pillow, and still worked fine. Thank Nintendo for durable products.
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

« Reply #48 on: October 22, 2006, 11:41:45 AM »
You're making it sound as if it hit a wall of spikes rather than a giant pillow.

If it hit a huge soft thing, expect that it still works. Works with any product, doesn't have to be Nintendo's.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #49 on: October 22, 2006, 12:37:17 PM »
When I first had SMRPG as a seven-year-old, I initially thought Booster was a woman (his overcoat looked like a dress), and Valentina was a man (her dress looked like a beard).

« Reply #50 on: October 22, 2006, 01:41:15 PM »
Valentina a man? Never saw that one coming.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #51 on: October 22, 2006, 02:54:24 PM »
I always thought Valentina looked as if she came from some odd painting.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #52 on: October 22, 2006, 09:13:55 PM »
You know, something I come across all too often on the Internet is people thinking they can acquit themselves of any wrongdoing by saying stuff like "I wasn't trying to be rude, so therefore I wasn't being rude and I didn't do anything wrong and leave me alone." This thought process is faulty. People can be plenty rude and insulting without ever meaning to.
That was a joke.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #53 on: October 22, 2006, 10:32:06 PM »
You know, something I come across all too often on the Internet is people thinking they can acquit themselves of any wrongdoing by saying stuff like "I wasn't trying to be rude, so therefore I wasn't being rude and I didn't do anything wrong and leave me alone." This thought process is faulty. People can be plenty rude and insulting without ever meaning to.
I wasn't trying to be rude in the "Always" post I just made to you in the manual thread. 

Anyway, it's probably not much of a secret, but my "Wiimote-Controlled Sword Video and Contests for free Wii & Red Steel stuff!" thread here is just a viral marketing campaign for Red Steel through DojoofPain.com.  I'm currently number one there with 5025 stars.  I could easily double that if I had a good idea and could make a YouTube video for Red Steel.  If anyone here is a member let me know and we can help each other get stars.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #54 on: October 22, 2006, 10:35:35 PM »

This is most likely due to the fact that text has no emotion.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #55 on: October 22, 2006, 11:02:06 PM »
I don't think it's because of emotionless text or because it's on the internet.  I've noticed more of what I'd call a "It's the thought that counts" generation. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #56 on: October 22, 2006, 11:48:54 PM »
Welllll...
One time when I was in a particularly foul mood, I made the mistake of playing Mario Kart DS on WiFi.  I ended up getting pretty frustrated and, well... sorta bit my DS.  I managed to keep myself from biting too hard, but it still left a slight mark.

A case of compounding mood (happiness begets happiness, frustration begets frustration), I'm afraid.
Go Moon!

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #57 on: October 22, 2006, 11:55:02 PM »
At least it was only a bit.  A full byte would have been much worse. 

« Reply #58 on: October 23, 2006, 12:47:01 AM »
Hehe. This sounds fun.

When I finally beat Bonetail, I threw my controller up into the air and began to pound my chest like a madman. My mother came in and was like, "What the heck is wrong with you?" I felt so embarassed, but I still feel pretty good about beating that sucker.
Ahaha, oh I love this because I did basically the same thing.  It really was an amazing feeling.
Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

« Reply #59 on: October 23, 2006, 08:25:52 AM »
When I was a novice gamer, Dark Matter and Waddle Doo(the N64 versions) scared the crap outta me. I didn't wanna go out at night because "it looks like that black eyeball thing from Kirby!" Mom and Dad threatened that I would never play video games again if it kept up, so I learned to stop being scared.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2006, 01:10:09 PM by GiftedGirl »
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

Print