Print

Author Topic: A Nintendo Wii Pokemon Channel  (Read 5528 times)

« on: January 15, 2007, 12:37:16 AM »
Would anybody want a Pokemon Channel for the Nintendo Wii? One that's not at all like the Gamecube?

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2007, 07:08:23 AM »
So what does this channel do?

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2007, 07:38:58 AM »
I think he/she's talking about a Wii version of the GCN game Pokemon Channel, which was a lot like the N64 game Hey you, Pikachu but without the frustration of shouting into a microphone to make Pikachu listen to you.  I actually like this idea.  I believe the Wii is a lot better fitted for a game like Pokemon Channel than the GCN ever was.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2007, 07:46:53 AM »
But... but...

One that's not at all like the Gamecube?

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2007, 09:36:36 AM »
No. Personally, a Pokemon Channel on the Wii would be a waste of time.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2007, 01:30:25 PM »
I'd prefer a whole new Hey You Pikachu!-style game except you'd be able to talk to any Pokemon of your choosing. A game like that can go pretty deep.

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2007, 01:36:47 PM »
I think most Pokemon games besides Blue and Red are bad. What ever happened to the old style of just collecting badges and raising adorable freaks of nature? It's sad, really.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2007, 01:45:43 PM »
What about Gold, Silver, Crystal, Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Fire, Leaf, and the soon to be released Diamond and Pearl?

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2007, 03:36:02 PM »
They're just not the same. I've played them up to Emerald, and all the Pokemon look like Digimon or whatever it's called.

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2007, 04:46:01 PM »
A Pokemon Channel eh? I thought it would be like Pokemon Box for the Gamecube, but for Diamond and Pearl too.
Werid Fortune Cookies- Hard work pays off in the future. Laziness pays off now.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2007, 05:44:38 PM »
They're just not the same. I've played them up to Emerald, and all the Pokemon look like Digimon or whatever it's called.

So just because there's a change in artistic style means the game's formula is completely different?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2007, 01:15:30 AM »
I kind of agree. It's hard to explain but after Gold and Silver, you just don't get the same feeling. The Pokemon in Ruby and Sapphire barely feel like Pokemon at all... they're just, something. Not to mention that achieving your original objective, to catch 'em all, would be just about impossible (provided they ALL were in one game for you to catch).
On the other hand I thought PMD was pretty awesome though. A nice break away from "tradition." Maybe that's the problem... after three generations the general idea of "Become the best trainer in the world while protecting humanity from the evil forces of Team Blank" gets boring.
But now I see I've completely gotten off-topic. That's my bad.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2007, 02:42:16 AM »
Heck, I thought it was practically impossible to catch 'em all from the very beginning unless you cheated the system to get all 3 starters.

And Ruby/Sapphire had Skitty, so they win.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2007, 03:08:29 PM »
I swear, I thought up the concept of a world inhabited by sentient Pokemon years ago. They're such brain thieves.

« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2007, 07:07:49 PM »
So just because there's a change in artistic style means the game's formula is completely different?

I don't know how to explain it, man. I played them, and they just weren't that good. They didn't have the feel of Red and Blue. The storyline of the first game was just flat out fun, and hen Gold and Silver came out...............I just don't know.

Print