Print

Author Topic: 10 Facts about you  (Read 26099 times)

Super-Jesse

• Unstoppable News Machine
« on: July 14, 2007, 12:10:35 PM »
The title says it all, just post 10 facts about yourself, and there you go! We'll all feel closer together, disturbingly close.

I'll go first, I suppose...hrm..

1) How did my Mario addiction start? At the young age of 1, I found comfort in Mario's heroism because my dad and my mom would always 'fight'. I made a post about in my myspace blog, much more detail.
2) I honestly don't know much about any other Nintendo franchise, or gaming franchise, but somehow I've managed to work with various media sites where I covered Sony and Microsoft exclusively. Anything for the virtual resume, I suppose.
3) No, I don't run around in a Mario costume all day. I do, however, wear a different Mario shirt everyday
4) The only concerts I've been to are Nintendo's Fusion Tour 2006, and when Avril Lavigne came to my city in 2004. The latter was because my then-girlfriend now-wife LOVES Avril.
5) I was on the local news for my Mario collection. It's on my youtube, along with an embarrassing "rap" I did. Watch it, and it will destroy any respect you had for me. If any :P
6) I dislike my real-life job. It's great pay and benefits, so I guess that's all that matters,
7) I once believed an April Fool's joke stating "MIYAMOTO SAYS MARIO 64 LAST MARIO GAME". :(
8) I hate that because I like Mario so much I'm expected to never lose a Mario game. I used to feel pressure when playing friends, because they'd see my room and bring their A game just to take away from my credibility. Now, I just don't care as much. Sure, I want to win, but even when I lose, I'm confident in my, erm, talent (sad word to use, i know).
9) I don't like being told I'm wrong if I'm right, and I hate being told I'm wrong when I'm wrong.
10) This list was the hardest list to compile, ever.

Okay, so, there you have it. The more honest you are, the more...read-worthy it'll be.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2007, 02:07:31 AM by Super-Jesse »
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2007, 01:22:04 PM »
10 facts eh? Well I guess I'll give it a shot.

1) I have a lazy eye.
2) My nickname among friends is Droopy.
3) I thought I saw a UFO, but it turned out to be a garbage bag.
4) I like the Mario Bros. Movie
5) I'm a fan of pro wrestling
6) I haven't been in trouble with the law.
7) I have only one pet.
8) I used to play a musical instrument
9) My dream is to someday fly an airplane.
10) I am currently watching Shaun of the Dead.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2007, 01:51:57 PM by PaperLuigi »
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2007, 01:43:42 PM »
I'll take a stab at it...

1)I like youtube poop
2)I often have to hold something in my hand, or else I feel on-edge. In fact, I carry around a spoon.
3)I have a cat and bird that get along together
4)I constantly brush my teeth.
5)I got my grandma interested in the Wii with Wii Sports bowling
6)I lurked on these forums for around 2 years before joining
7)I ate broccoli a young age
8)Often, I rant to myself about stuff that makes me angry
9)I'm not interesting enough to have a 10th fact :(
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2007, 03:07:23 PM »
1) I make YouTube poop
2) I have four cats, a dog, and a chinchilla
3) Out of all of my fanfiction, only three of them were ever actually finished.
4) I like to sprinkle bacon bits on my cottage cheese
5) Nearly half, if not over half, of my shirts are video game related
6) I wear glasses to drive and read faraway things
7) The first video game I played was Pac Man on my family's Apple IIe
8) Even though my family had a CD-i long before I got the N64, I don't count CD-i as my first console (mainly because we only had one decent game for it).
9) I have a Twilight Princess character that can turn into a wolf.
10) I just finished making this list.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2007, 07:25:22 PM »
1) After eating, I make poop.
2) I have two cats that hate each other.
3) I do air guitar.
4) A surprising number of my shirts have soda logos on them.
5) My favorite movie is Terminator 2: Judgement Day.
6) I plan to become a doctor when if I get a job.
7) I'm pretty lazy.
8) The first video game I ever played was Commander Keen.
9) Whenever I'm proven wrong, I quickly change the subject.
10) I recently became interested in A Series of Unfortunate Events.
every

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2007, 09:02:26 PM »
1. My favorite color is purple.
2. I can only see with one eye. The left one.
3. I own about seven ty-dye t-shirts.
4. I started writing fanfics way back in 2000.
5. I've always used the name N64 Chick online.
6. Speaking of the N64, SM64 was what got me into gaming.
7. I sleep with a stuffed animal at night.
8. I'm actually quite shy, unless I know someone well enough or share an interest.
9. I also have a short temper and can be vengeful.
10. I have a nasty habit of belching a lot. Yes. Belching.
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2007, 09:10:41 PM »
1) I tend to listen to too much Weird Al music.
2) I used to watch all three of the Back to the Futures, almost every day. (Pretty glad I got tired of it...)
3) I can't count the number of message boards I've signed up for anymore.
4) I made a MySpace and left it the second I made it.
5) I draw my made-up characters constantly.
6) I make up time travel theories and stories acknowledging the fact it's impossible.
7) At one point I had a 65% in my literature class, on my freshman year. (I had no clue what I was doing, but later on I ended up pulling it up to 97%.)
8) I'm an idiot when I'm bored.
9) A lot of projects I start on never get finished.
10) I tried waaay too many times to take pictures of my friends without them noticing.

I don't believe I've mentioned all of these before...
I'm a horrible person.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2007, 11:49:50 PM »
cool thread:

1) My first experience with Mario was when I got an NES for Christmas at age 4. I beat SMB1 that year.
2) I plan to be an actuary after I graduate college. I have passed the first 2 exams for this field (out of about 8 or 9 >_>).
3) I also own about 7 tie-dye T-shirts.
4) I currently have a roughly fist-sized bald spot on the left side of my head.
5) I'm a big fan of electronic music (techno, house, etc).
6) I have made about $1,600 from playing poker online, however, since February 2007 I am -$500 and I am almost about to give up at poker online.
7) I have a terrible habit of starting things and never finishing them.
8) I eat fast food about 5-7 times a week. Despite this, I weigh 170 pounds (I am 6'0"). I blame DDR.
9) I do not like the person I was at the start of 2007.
10) I have never eaten a raw potato.
~I.S.~

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2007, 01:20:23 AM »
1) I like cheese. It actually was my first word.
2) I say random phrases about kittens at random times throughout the day. But only IRL.
3) I have absolutely no structured sleep schedule whatsoever. Sometimes go to sleep at 6 AM, other times 8 PM, other times noon; I never know. It's getting to the point it actually annoys me.
4) I still have Christmas music on my MP3 player. >_<;
5) I've never posted in Latest News or Game Blog.
6) I'm obsessive-compulsive about sticky/slimy/gritty substances on my hands (including food of those textures), in that I must get it off ASAP.
7) I have long, elaborate dreams just about every night. It's pretty cool, although I hate that most of the details usually get jumbled afterward, when trying to remember them.
8) I haven't rebooted my computer in over two--maybe three--months.
9) I haven't played video games much in the past year and a half (*GASP*), with the exception of a couple bouts of The Sims 2.
10) I'm going away to college next month. It's only like 35 minutes from home, but, still, I'll be living on campus. :O
« Last Edit: July 15, 2007, 01:22:02 AM by Sapphira »
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2007, 02:19:26 AM »
1) Constantly chewing gum.
2) Nail-biter (Only on the fingers, I leave my toes alone).
3) Though right-handed, the watch goes on my right wrist. I can't put it on my left.
4) Shorts year-round.
5) Milk is my equivalent of coffee, sort of. Breakfast is extremely important and lack of milk ruins breakfast.
6) Master of bee-catching. I caught a bee in my wallet one time, like, the net-zipper change pocket. It was a tight fit so I let it go quickly.
7) No cartilage in the tip of my left ear. You can't tell by looking, but you can feel it. It doesn't flop down or anything, it's just flexible.
8) Can't come up with a good joke... like, the kind you tell to people about two men who walk into a bar etc.
9) Not your brother and not dead.
10) Internets Wizard in training (for lack of better 10).
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2007, 06:13:57 AM »
1. I do not own a cell phone, car, or iPod.
2. The computer I own and am using to write this is nearing its sixth birthday.
3. My favorite sodas are Sunkist and Coke.
4. I cannot bend my right thumb if I do not bend my right index at the same time.
5. I drink coffee (Vanilla Hazelnut) only if I really need to stay up late for a project or something.
6. I am about 5'11, and I weigh 130 pounds.
7. Eating pastries makes me feel sick.
8. I've had my foot sliced open, been stung by a centipede, my head bashed into a wall, ingested too much iron and a live baby bird, fallen down a flight of stairs, had my ear filled with seawater when they contained tubes, and yet I am still alive.
9. I've kept all my baby teeth in a small container for the past nine years.
10. Around the time Super Mario 64 came out I had a Mickey Mouse doll which I transformed into "Mario" by adding a doll-sized red cap, a Mr. Potato Head mustache, and an old pair of blue shorts. I used to keep that doll with me at all times.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2007, 06:17:45 AM by NintendoExpert89 »

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2007, 09:23:30 AM »
1. I'm left-handed.
2. It's been 10 years since I started playing the French horn.
3. I didn't learn how to ride a bike correctly until I was 9.
4. I also wore velcro shoes a lot until that age, mainly to hide the fact that I didn't know how to tie shoes (no one ever showed me how, I just tried to repeat others' actions and failed).
5. When the DS came out I claimed I'd never purchase one. Today, I have one with 9 games.
6. I have a Facebook account.
7. I have an odd-looking scab on my thumb. It won't go away. Previously I had a similar scab on my pinky of the same hand that did go away.
8. I wear a lot of green. I have about 5 or 6 green shirts.
9. My eye color is sort of a mix of brown and yellow.
10. The day I got a pair of glasses was the day everyone in my immediate family had a pair.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2007, 11:35:14 AM »
1) I love rhythm games, yet do not own Elite Beat Agents
2) My last baby tooth fell out in sixth grade (it was stuck on the incoming tooth)
3) I can eat a lot of junk food and not seem to gain any weight
4) I am an avid tennis player
5) I have been wearing the same baseball hat for ~10 years
6) Until seventh grade, I had a "girlfriend" for each grade since kindergarten
7) I hate spending money but love getting new things, especially electronic-related things
8) I have only bought (or helped buy) three video game systems: Sega Genesis, Game Boy Advance, Xbox 360. All others were either free (Xbox, GBA SP) or gifts
9) As fun as they are, I tend to be terrible at real-time strategy games. Turn-based strategy tends to be more fun, and I am way better at them.
10) The short bone in one of my toes (the bone containing the nail) is bent under so if you look at it from my point of view, it appears as though it is missing
« Last Edit: July 15, 2007, 11:37:21 AM by bobman37 »

« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2007, 04:15:55 PM »
1. I have double-jointed thumbs.
2. I was originally due to be born on April Fool's Day.
3. My favourite colour is red.
4. I own three different Manchester United t-shirts.
5. I first got into video games watching my sister play Doom.
6. My fingers are strangely long, and the tips of my fingers bend backwards.
7. I can only recall burping once in my lifetime. o_O
8. I can eat and enjoy both broccoli and brussel sprouts.
9. I own five seasons of Family Guy on DVD.
10. I have an unfortunate obsession with expensive cars such as the Ferrari Enzo, Lotus Elise and Lamborghini Murcielago. >__<
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2007, 04:28:45 PM »
1. My gaming obsession started at the age of 5, at an uncle's house, around Christmas time (SMB was the game, of course).
2. Toad has been my favorite character since the beginning (though he has become cooler over time).
3. I can write with either of my hands, though the writing is cleaner with my right hand (comes in handy playing Wii, too).
4. My favorite colors fluctuate between yellow and blue.
5. I own the Super Mario Bros Super Show and the Adventures of SMB3 on DVD.
6. I have never owned a Virtual Boy.
7. I own enough gaming related shirts to cover my back for every day out of two weeks (Mario shirts alone could cover me for a week).
8. I download copies of games off the VC that I already own, even if the game (and the system it runs on) is in perfect wokring condition in the next room.
9. I have several CD's with gaming music burned onto them.
10. I often attempt to make of list of when the SMB overworld theme occurs in other Mario games, and can often think of at least seven occurances off the top of my head.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Print