Print

Author Topic: 10 Facts about you  (Read 26060 times)

Super-Jesse

• Unstoppable News Machine
« on: July 14, 2007, 12:10:35 PM »
The title says it all, just post 10 facts about yourself, and there you go! We'll all feel closer together, disturbingly close.

I'll go first, I suppose...hrm..

1) How did my Mario addiction start? At the young age of 1, I found comfort in Mario's heroism because my dad and my mom would always 'fight'. I made a post about in my myspace blog, much more detail.
2) I honestly don't know much about any other Nintendo franchise, or gaming franchise, but somehow I've managed to work with various media sites where I covered Sony and Microsoft exclusively. Anything for the virtual resume, I suppose.
3) No, I don't run around in a Mario costume all day. I do, however, wear a different Mario shirt everyday
4) The only concerts I've been to are Nintendo's Fusion Tour 2006, and when Avril Lavigne came to my city in 2004. The latter was because my then-girlfriend now-wife LOVES Avril.
5) I was on the local news for my Mario collection. It's on my youtube, along with an embarrassing "rap" I did. Watch it, and it will destroy any respect you had for me. If any :P
6) I dislike my real-life job. It's great pay and benefits, so I guess that's all that matters,
7) I once believed an April Fool's joke stating "MIYAMOTO SAYS MARIO 64 LAST MARIO GAME". :(
8) I hate that because I like Mario so much I'm expected to never lose a Mario game. I used to feel pressure when playing friends, because they'd see my room and bring their A game just to take away from my credibility. Now, I just don't care as much. Sure, I want to win, but even when I lose, I'm confident in my, erm, talent (sad word to use, i know).
9) I don't like being told I'm wrong if I'm right, and I hate being told I'm wrong when I'm wrong.
10) This list was the hardest list to compile, ever.

Okay, so, there you have it. The more honest you are, the more...read-worthy it'll be.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2007, 02:07:31 AM by Super-Jesse »
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2007, 01:22:04 PM »
10 facts eh? Well I guess I'll give it a shot.

1) I have a lazy eye.
2) My nickname among friends is Droopy.
3) I thought I saw a UFO, but it turned out to be a garbage bag.
4) I like the Mario Bros. Movie
5) I'm a fan of pro wrestling
6) I haven't been in trouble with the law.
7) I have only one pet.
8) I used to play a musical instrument
9) My dream is to someday fly an airplane.
10) I am currently watching Shaun of the Dead.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2007, 01:51:57 PM by PaperLuigi »
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2007, 01:43:42 PM »
I'll take a stab at it...

1)I like youtube poop
2)I often have to hold something in my hand, or else I feel on-edge. In fact, I carry around a spoon.
3)I have a cat and bird that get along together
4)I constantly brush my teeth.
5)I got my grandma interested in the Wii with Wii Sports bowling
6)I lurked on these forums for around 2 years before joining
7)I ate broccoli a young age
8)Often, I rant to myself about stuff that makes me angry
9)I'm not interesting enough to have a 10th fact :(
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2007, 03:07:23 PM »
1) I make YouTube poop
2) I have four cats, a dog, and a chinchilla
3) Out of all of my fanfiction, only three of them were ever actually finished.
4) I like to sprinkle bacon bits on my cottage cheese
5) Nearly half, if not over half, of my shirts are video game related
6) I wear glasses to drive and read faraway things
7) The first video game I played was Pac Man on my family's Apple IIe
8) Even though my family had a CD-i long before I got the N64, I don't count CD-i as my first console (mainly because we only had one decent game for it).
9) I have a Twilight Princess character that can turn into a wolf.
10) I just finished making this list.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2007, 07:25:22 PM »
1) After eating, I make poop.
2) I have two cats that hate each other.
3) I do air guitar.
4) A surprising number of my shirts have soda logos on them.
5) My favorite movie is Terminator 2: Judgement Day.
6) I plan to become a doctor when if I get a job.
7) I'm pretty lazy.
8) The first video game I ever played was Commander Keen.
9) Whenever I'm proven wrong, I quickly change the subject.
10) I recently became interested in A Series of Unfortunate Events.
every

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2007, 09:02:26 PM »
1. My favorite color is purple.
2. I can only see with one eye. The left one.
3. I own about seven ty-dye t-shirts.
4. I started writing fanfics way back in 2000.
5. I've always used the name N64 Chick online.
6. Speaking of the N64, SM64 was what got me into gaming.
7. I sleep with a stuffed animal at night.
8. I'm actually quite shy, unless I know someone well enough or share an interest.
9. I also have a short temper and can be vengeful.
10. I have a nasty habit of belching a lot. Yes. Belching.
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2007, 09:10:41 PM »
1) I tend to listen to too much Weird Al music.
2) I used to watch all three of the Back to the Futures, almost every day. (Pretty glad I got tired of it...)
3) I can't count the number of message boards I've signed up for anymore.
4) I made a MySpace and left it the second I made it.
5) I draw my made-up characters constantly.
6) I make up time travel theories and stories acknowledging the fact it's impossible.
7) At one point I had a 65% in my literature class, on my freshman year. (I had no clue what I was doing, but later on I ended up pulling it up to 97%.)
8) I'm an idiot when I'm bored.
9) A lot of projects I start on never get finished.
10) I tried waaay too many times to take pictures of my friends without them noticing.

I don't believe I've mentioned all of these before...
I'm a horrible person.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2007, 11:49:50 PM »
cool thread:

1) My first experience with Mario was when I got an NES for Christmas at age 4. I beat SMB1 that year.
2) I plan to be an actuary after I graduate college. I have passed the first 2 exams for this field (out of about 8 or 9 >_>).
3) I also own about 7 tie-dye T-shirts.
4) I currently have a roughly fist-sized bald spot on the left side of my head.
5) I'm a big fan of electronic music (techno, house, etc).
6) I have made about $1,600 from playing poker online, however, since February 2007 I am -$500 and I am almost about to give up at poker online.
7) I have a terrible habit of starting things and never finishing them.
8) I eat fast food about 5-7 times a week. Despite this, I weigh 170 pounds (I am 6'0"). I blame DDR.
9) I do not like the person I was at the start of 2007.
10) I have never eaten a raw potato.
~I.S.~

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2007, 01:20:23 AM »
1) I like cheese. It actually was my first word.
2) I say random phrases about kittens at random times throughout the day. But only IRL.
3) I have absolutely no structured sleep schedule whatsoever. Sometimes go to sleep at 6 AM, other times 8 PM, other times noon; I never know. It's getting to the point it actually annoys me.
4) I still have Christmas music on my MP3 player. >_<;
5) I've never posted in Latest News or Game Blog.
6) I'm obsessive-compulsive about sticky/slimy/gritty substances on my hands (including food of those textures), in that I must get it off ASAP.
7) I have long, elaborate dreams just about every night. It's pretty cool, although I hate that most of the details usually get jumbled afterward, when trying to remember them.
8) I haven't rebooted my computer in over two--maybe three--months.
9) I haven't played video games much in the past year and a half (*GASP*), with the exception of a couple bouts of The Sims 2.
10) I'm going away to college next month. It's only like 35 minutes from home, but, still, I'll be living on campus. :O
« Last Edit: July 15, 2007, 01:22:02 AM by Sapphira »
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2007, 02:19:26 AM »
1) Constantly chewing gum.
2) Nail-biter (Only on the fingers, I leave my toes alone).
3) Though right-handed, the watch goes on my right wrist. I can't put it on my left.
4) Shorts year-round.
5) Milk is my equivalent of coffee, sort of. Breakfast is extremely important and lack of milk ruins breakfast.
6) Master of bee-catching. I caught a bee in my wallet one time, like, the net-zipper change pocket. It was a tight fit so I let it go quickly.
7) No cartilage in the tip of my left ear. You can't tell by looking, but you can feel it. It doesn't flop down or anything, it's just flexible.
8) Can't come up with a good joke... like, the kind you tell to people about two men who walk into a bar etc.
9) Not your brother and not dead.
10) Internets Wizard in training (for lack of better 10).
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2007, 06:13:57 AM »
1. I do not own a cell phone, car, or iPod.
2. The computer I own and am using to write this is nearing its sixth birthday.
3. My favorite sodas are Sunkist and Coke.
4. I cannot bend my right thumb if I do not bend my right index at the same time.
5. I drink coffee (Vanilla Hazelnut) only if I really need to stay up late for a project or something.
6. I am about 5'11, and I weigh 130 pounds.
7. Eating pastries makes me feel sick.
8. I've had my foot sliced open, been stung by a centipede, my head bashed into a wall, ingested too much iron and a live baby bird, fallen down a flight of stairs, had my ear filled with seawater when they contained tubes, and yet I am still alive.
9. I've kept all my baby teeth in a small container for the past nine years.
10. Around the time Super Mario 64 came out I had a Mickey Mouse doll which I transformed into "Mario" by adding a doll-sized red cap, a Mr. Potato Head mustache, and an old pair of blue shorts. I used to keep that doll with me at all times.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2007, 06:17:45 AM by NintendoExpert89 »

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2007, 09:23:30 AM »
1. I'm left-handed.
2. It's been 10 years since I started playing the French horn.
3. I didn't learn how to ride a bike correctly until I was 9.
4. I also wore velcro shoes a lot until that age, mainly to hide the fact that I didn't know how to tie shoes (no one ever showed me how, I just tried to repeat others' actions and failed).
5. When the DS came out I claimed I'd never purchase one. Today, I have one with 9 games.
6. I have a Facebook account.
7. I have an odd-looking scab on my thumb. It won't go away. Previously I had a similar scab on my pinky of the same hand that did go away.
8. I wear a lot of green. I have about 5 or 6 green shirts.
9. My eye color is sort of a mix of brown and yellow.
10. The day I got a pair of glasses was the day everyone in my immediate family had a pair.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2007, 11:35:14 AM »
1) I love rhythm games, yet do not own Elite Beat Agents
2) My last baby tooth fell out in sixth grade (it was stuck on the incoming tooth)
3) I can eat a lot of junk food and not seem to gain any weight
4) I am an avid tennis player
5) I have been wearing the same baseball hat for ~10 years
6) Until seventh grade, I had a "girlfriend" for each grade since kindergarten
7) I hate spending money but love getting new things, especially electronic-related things
8) I have only bought (or helped buy) three video game systems: Sega Genesis, Game Boy Advance, Xbox 360. All others were either free (Xbox, GBA SP) or gifts
9) As fun as they are, I tend to be terrible at real-time strategy games. Turn-based strategy tends to be more fun, and I am way better at them.
10) The short bone in one of my toes (the bone containing the nail) is bent under so if you look at it from my point of view, it appears as though it is missing
« Last Edit: July 15, 2007, 11:37:21 AM by bobman37 »

« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2007, 04:15:55 PM »
1. I have double-jointed thumbs.
2. I was originally due to be born on April Fool's Day.
3. My favourite colour is red.
4. I own three different Manchester United t-shirts.
5. I first got into video games watching my sister play Doom.
6. My fingers are strangely long, and the tips of my fingers bend backwards.
7. I can only recall burping once in my lifetime. o_O
8. I can eat and enjoy both broccoli and brussel sprouts.
9. I own five seasons of Family Guy on DVD.
10. I have an unfortunate obsession with expensive cars such as the Ferrari Enzo, Lotus Elise and Lamborghini Murcielago. >__<
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2007, 04:28:45 PM »
1. My gaming obsession started at the age of 5, at an uncle's house, around Christmas time (SMB was the game, of course).
2. Toad has been my favorite character since the beginning (though he has become cooler over time).
3. I can write with either of my hands, though the writing is cleaner with my right hand (comes in handy playing Wii, too).
4. My favorite colors fluctuate between yellow and blue.
5. I own the Super Mario Bros Super Show and the Adventures of SMB3 on DVD.
6. I have never owned a Virtual Boy.
7. I own enough gaming related shirts to cover my back for every day out of two weeks (Mario shirts alone could cover me for a week).
8. I download copies of games off the VC that I already own, even if the game (and the system it runs on) is in perfect wokring condition in the next room.
9. I have several CD's with gaming music burned onto them.
10. I often attempt to make of list of when the SMB overworld theme occurs in other Mario games, and can often think of at least seven occurances off the top of my head.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2007, 04:45:14 PM »
1) I'll be at WSU in less than thirty days from now, where I'll major in computer science.
2) I become so involved in what I work on that I sometimes forget to eat.
3) I've been slightly-to-disturbingly underweight since elementary school. (Hmmmmm...)
4) I've played the violin and piano since elementary school.
5) My first video game console was the Nintendo 64, with Super Mario 64.
6) I love focaccia bread and chocolate milk among other things.
7) I love swimming, skiing, and biking, and have admirable talent for all of them, but I am not cut out for competitive sports.
8) I am extremely introverted, and speak very little unless spoken to (certain abnormalities negate this*).
9) However, I usually have plenty to say, and there is a perpetual and often amusing commentary constructed in my head. Thankfully, it rarely reaches my mouth.
10) Speaking of which, my emotions are easily displayed on my very expressive face. In Math Team, I won the "Jim Carrey" award for that reason.

* Abnormalities include: desperation, nervousness, and chocolate milk.

Sunbun

• Tapcap
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2007, 11:25:52 PM »
1) I am a connoisseur of lunch meat
2) Annoying and/or stupid people = pet peeve
3) I wear glasses
4) I once won $15 playing Bingo
5) I once won a plush bunny
6) Outside of California, I've only been to Nevada and China
7) Mario Party was the first game that I ever owned
8) Super Mario 64, Super Mario Bros. DX, or Yoshi's Island was the first video game I ever played, and yes, I still remember the large Mario and Sonic displays they had at Best Buy
9) I can eat anything, except anything inedible, liver, gizzards, intestine, gristle, goya (bitter melon), pork blood tofu, chicken feet, and bugs
10) I despise MySpace, but usually end up going on it for hours
11) No, Mario, I don't want to watch your sexy new video
"Sunbun is...doing whatever Sunbun does" -WarpRattler

« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2007, 12:51:41 AM »
1) I recently refinished my garage, turning into a sort of extra living room for me and my friends.  I call it the Love-nasium.
2) I only started doing my own laundry at the age of 16
3) My sister and I have long discussions about the varying flavors in different brands of beverages, usually root beer.
4) For the summer, I am taking 8 hours, roughly, of math preparation classes Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, and for about 4 hours Thursday and Friday to get ready to re-re-take the Math B and to take Calculus this fall.
5) I like corn, but only if it is still on the cob.  In the can, frozen, or even just scraped off the cob, and I can't eat it.
6) My favorite cereals are Cinnamon Toast Crunch, and Honey Nut Cheerios, or an equivalent, non-name brand.
7) I don't weigh enough to sign up for the Marines.  7 pounds too light.
8) I was lucky enough to be published in some poetry book despite the hatred I feel towards poetry.
9) Pitch is my favorite card game.
10) I listen to the same 26 songs every night before I fall asleep, no matter what time I decide to lie down.
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2007, 09:15:11 PM »
1. Been playing Mario as long as I can remember.
2. Veronica Mars is my favorite show ever.
3. Coheed and Cambria is my favorite Musical Artist ever.
5. I absolutely love pizza.
4. I want to be a movie Writer/Director. Currently writing a zombie movie.
5. When I was small I got my head stuck in tree.
6. My Smash Bros Character is Marth.
7. Favorite Actor is Bruce Willis.
8. Some of my favorite movies are Pulp Fictions, 16 Blocks, Die Hard, Brick, The Big Lebowski, Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back, Paycheck, Lucky Number Slevin, and Mall Rats.
9. DragonBall Z is still one of my favorite shows for about 8 or 9 years.
10. I'm 16.
The writer must earn money in order to be able to live and to write, but he must by no means live and write for the purpose of making money.

« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2007, 02:17:02 AM »
Interesting topic. Lets'a go!

1. I am 4'11 (that's shorter than all of my brothers and sisters besides my two youngest sisters).
2. I have 12 brothers and sisters.
3. I am seriously hyperactive after eating large amounts of chocolate (I scare the crap out of my friends).
4. I have a myspace account.
5. I am fond of baking late at night.
6. I have a slight lazy eye.
7. I want to be a forensic nurse (I stated this and my dad said I'd been watching to much CSI).
8. I don't own any music CD's (I listen to my music straight from the internet or the radio).
9. I was born with a pinch in my nose (there are different stories as to how I got a pinched nose).
10. I love the song "I Write Sins not Tragedies" by Panic! at the Disco. (I go crazy whenever it comes on.)
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2007, 08:30:17 PM »
Okay, here goes...

1 ~ I like adding my own little quirks onto my favorite characters(ex: Dimentio liking David Bowie).
2 ~ I live near cows.
3 ~ I like to draw non-human characters, real-life animals and inatimate objects as humans. o_O
4 ~ I like plushies very much. There are four on my bed.
5 ~ I make female fancharacters to be in love with official male characters so that I don't fall in love with them.
6 ~ I like spinning around in our new computer chair(wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee~!).
7 ~ I'll often wear the same clothes for days on end.
8 ~ Brown hair, gray eyes, purple glasses.
9 ~ I have a towel on my bed at all times.
10 ~ It is my goal to be a comic book artist/animator.

And now you know... the rest of GiftedGirl...
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

Super-Jesse

« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2007, 01:48:43 AM »
10. I love the song "I Write Sins not Tragedies" by Panic! at the Disco. (I go crazy whenever it comes on.)

I made an electroplankton version of that song once...didn't turn out as good as I hope. Mainly because i suck at singing :P
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2007, 10:39:00 PM »
1. I am left-handed.  A girl said that means I'll die early, so I said, "Good, I won't have to be around you as long!"  We were both joking, and so it was a fun day.
2. I speak in a variety of weird voices at least once in almost every conversation, and I'm actually really good too.  Voice acting would be cool...
3. Smart but lazy.  I understand things easily and have a photographic memory, but I don't work hard enough to have very good grades.  I don't get C's as often anymore though.
4. I've done musical theater throughout high school, and it would be great to pursue professionally if I were lucky.  I want to go to college in LA.
5. Youngest of five kids.  Three brothers and one sister.  We're very different but all partially dysfunctional.  One is in the marines, but only stationed in Arizona, not Iraq, thank goodness.
6. Bad acne.  I was really bad when I used to have braces because of nickel allergy.  I have since cleared up and my skin practically looks clear, but I have scars under my shirt that I hide indefintely.
7. Good artist.  The one thing I've done consistently since childhood, besides not homework.  Everyone's surprised when I tell them I don't take art.  It's really easy not to, you know!
8. Constantly imagine long novel-length stories in my head that I need to write down someday.  Mostly sci-fi or fantasy, each story is very developed with characterization and implied messages.
9. Good singer.  I don't like doing it in front of people, especially not my family.  However, I sang two songs in a musical last year and they were proud.  All the girls were like, "We never knew!"
10.Weird, very.  Depressed on and off, and I don't like physical contact (besides hugs), social events or loud noises.  Often suspicious of others, I might have histrionic personality disorder, or a very mild case of something else.  My sister says I need a therapist, like she and my oldest brother have. Most people accept me as weird, and I'm usually more happy than sad, so whatever.  I'm just weird.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2007, 03:26:56 AM »
1. People oftentimes have difficulty finding my house, even when I give them the address.
2. I play the xylophone.
3. 3 of the 5 games I have for my DS are puzzle games.
4. I WANT YOUR SOUL.
5. I WILL EAT YOUR SOUL.
6. I'm stuck on satellite Internet.
7. As I type this, I'm downloading MapleStory.
8. When I get around to it, I have 30 free days of Final Fantasy XI.
9. Most of these facts are things I've already said elsewhere.
10. I am not your broom.
11. My ten facts list is one louder.

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2007, 07:17:13 AM »
1. I play baseball right handed, but write left handed. When I golf, however, I swing righty, but am a better putter lefty.
2. I have climbed a mountain.
3. I love Progressive Rock.
4. My favorite color is red. I like red. It is nice.
5. My favorite movies are Star Wars.
6. My favorite animated movie is Toy Story.
7. I ran Track and Cross Country in High School
8. My real name starts with the letter of my online name. (That's a tough one to figure out).
9. I don't get to visit TMK as much as I'd like to anymore.
10. I play several instruments including Clarinet, Sax, Guitar, and Piano.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2007, 06:25:48 PM »
1. I can do a great Hank Hill/Tom Anderson (and Butthead laugh) on command.
2. I wish my life could be like Mario's sometimes... with ? blocks floating in the real world and coins and stuff.
3. I barely listen to mainstream music except I've listened to like 2% more than the previous 17 years of my life... I grew up on Mario music so I can literally sing any Mario song I've ever heard or heard playing, melody, bass, anything.
4. I own a '94 BMW 318is. 5 speed, "schwarz zwei," Italian leather, great car... plan on swapping to a world-first Ford 302 in a Bimmer!!!
5. I work for Forbes Water Systems Maintenance (my uncle) working with my older bro. For 17 years old, it's good money, hard work.
6. I plan on working on BMW's and Porsche's as a profession because I love the cars.
7. I've had a girlfriend, Meagan, for over a year and month now... and I sure do love her.
8. I think about things a lot.
9. I was a half-op in the chatroom along with Meowrik, although Frozenpants somehow got us kicked off that job. To this day, I still don't know the real reason for losing that position... although I couldn't care less now.
10. I'm a car detailer and I do the best job Bell County... or Central Texas for that matter has to offer.
11. Yeah... these go to 11.
Formerly quite reasonable.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2007, 09:49:45 AM »
Smallish BUMP

1: I have been temporarily stranded on a (technically) deserted island--twice.
2: I am double-jointed and can put my leg(s) behind my head/do a flip.
3: I went streaking when I was six or seven through a friend's (crowded) house.
4: I accidentally broke a minor law involving butter cubes.
5: I have vacationed in France--and soon India.
6: I cracked my brother's head with a large plastic chair (semi-accidentally).
7: I went bodysurfing in Santa Monica and lost my glasses.
8: I'm pretty sure I saw a huge UFO--that, or I have hallucinated once in my life.
9: I wear sandals and a coat to school almost every day.
10: Yeah... I'm not one of "the normal kids".
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2007, 11:53:01 AM »
Ten Facts concerning the Tidal Energy Machine

1. Mammal.
2. Likes the song Mammal by They Might Be Giants.
3. Bipedal most of the time.
4. Mating habits include a deep resonating mating call that can be heard for miles and marathon matches of Super Smash Brothers Melee.
5. Diet consists of cereals, frozen foods and literature.
6. Squirts a yellow-green acidic fluid from tear ducts that's accurate up to 20 yards when threatened.
7. When defeated loot consists of (but not limited to): Massive international treasure, a small but formidable comicbook collection and all the albums by both Daft Punk and The Beastie Boys
8. Loves rainbows but doesn't engage in homosexual mating rituals.
9. Really likes to watch movies, but not the way you do, he appreciates them on a much deeper level than you and shames you for even trying to think you had that in common with him.
10. Has been sighted using humor in the form of the self-deprecation of personal traits.

« Last Edit: August 19, 2007, 02:49:13 PM by TEM »

« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2007, 01:20:34 AM »
Wait, so if these are based in reality, what the heck does 6. Squirts a yellow-green acidic fluid from tear ducts that's accurate up to 20 yards when threatened. mean?

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2007, 06:59:20 AM »
That's the secret technique he's never shown in the presence of any FF members before.

« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2007, 12:53:31 PM »
1. My favorite color is Koopaslaya.
2. My Youtube appearance is in my high school's Monkey Island play.
3. I go to a school where a red-shelled turtle is the mascot.
4. I'm an English major.
5. I read Alice in Wonderland once a year.
6. One day, I'll be making your favorite movies.
7. I've only met one FF member IRL.
8. I'm an only child.
9. I'm tired of thinking up more things for this list.
10. My wings take a day to reappear after someone stomps me.
This is a secret coded message.

Rao

• Arr! Ay! Oh!
« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2007, 03:27:21 PM »
1. I play many instruments (guitar, mandolin, bass, drums, a little violin, and I'm teaching myself banjo.)
2. I skateboard.
3. I like to play hacky-sack.
4. I am a big Doctor Who fan.
5. My favorite movies are Nausicaa, of the Valley of the Wind, the Fifth Element, Napoleon Dynamite, and School of Rock, just to name a few.
6. My favorite book is Holes, by Lewis Sachar.
7. My favorite bands include the Grateful Dead, Rush, Yes, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, the Jimi Hendrix Experience, and Santana.
8. I have met Ray Park.
9. My favorite video game is Super Mario 3.
10. I can't think of anything else.
What's your problem, Cambodian?

« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2008, 04:28:27 PM »
0. I hate everyone
3. And hope they die
5. I hate forums
4. I have nothing better to do
666.  Number of the beast
7. I hate kids..
7. Up to age 100
16. am I bored [edited]
10. I like cake
22. I can't count

~Talk like that again and you'll be banned fast. ~Sapph
« Last Edit: March 30, 2008, 01:48:59 PM by Sapphira »

« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2008, 04:30:00 PM »
Oh great, another newbie who forgot to read the rules.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2008, 04:41:01 PM »
That's putting it lightly...

« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2008, 04:46:01 PM »
Man, I had no idea this topic was 7+ months old. Not only did he use the f-word, he bumped a dead topic with a lot of nonsense in his post.

missingno

• ▄█ 'M ▓▒
« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2008, 04:55:08 PM »
1. I'm in the process of changing my physical appearance, to make myself look as I truly wish to look.
2. I'm actually in a band known as "In Your Extended Network".
3. I do horrible academically, in fact, I'm going for a sixth year of highschool next year.
4. I only use my real name if I really have to.
5. Very few people can figure out my gender due to my obscure appearance, and I find it fun.
6. I'm easily one of, if not the, weirdest person you'll meet.
7. I own over 700 games for over 20 different systems. And yet, I don't have a Wii, 360, PSP, or PS3 yet.
8. I dress in a style all to my own.
9. I've been in many horrible relationships. Now I'm in a great one as of a month and a half ago.
10. I hate everyone in my family.
Ditto used Machop!

AbercrombieBaseball

• FitchPitch
« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2008, 10:19:58 PM »
1. I love everything having to do with baseball--playing it, watching it, reading about it, etc.
2. I also like to swim.
3. I sing in my church choir.
4. I like British synthpop and German trance for music.
5. I'm ambidextrous.
6. It took me nine years to get all 120 stars on Super Mario 64.
7. I have seasonal affective disorder and own a Happy Light to combat it.
8. I drive a Volvo.
9. I shop at Abercrombie & Fitch all the time.
10. I hate chocolate milk...gotta be white skim for me!

« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2008, 11:37:41 PM »
Hey now...since this thread is zombified, how about people who already said 10 facts about themselves post 10 more?

missingno

• ▄█ 'M ▓▒
« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2008, 10:55:33 AM »
Well I just said facts two days ago, but sure, since that was my first set of facts.

11. I still watch Pokémon (the older episodes and any of the movies)
12. I miss the 90's
13. I like various genres of music, I like pretty much anything (excluding bad stuff) from Hannah Montana to On Broken Wings.
14. But I don't like country, bluegrass, gangsta rap, and most punk (such as the stuff that cries about the government in all their songs)
15. I like to learn about stuff for fun, and as a result, I know a lot about pop culture.
16. I'm surprisingly good at photography.
17. I love beautiful skies, sunsets, and the autumn because I'm a hopeless romantic.
18. I'm in the process of a youtube video series with my friends known as "N4L" of us doing crazy random stuff. A few videos are up, and more are to come.
19. I like dressing up and wearing makeup
20. I'm awesome.
Ditto used Machop!

« Reply #40 on: March 24, 2008, 12:15:38 PM »
Here are some more facts about me

1. In Brawl, Wolf and Classic Wario are my favorite characters.
2. I live in Texas
3. My room is the biggest room in our house besides the living room
4. I have a thick mustache that I shave now and then
5. I am the oldest child in my family
6. I love my family very much
7. I'm a practicing Christian, although I don't really go to Church
8. I too miss the 90's. The current times are troublesome
9. I don't know who to vote for in the upcoming election
10. But I hope it's not Hillary Clinton who wins

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #41 on: March 24, 2008, 01:42:00 PM »
1. I don't miss the '90s because they were just as bad as modern times, but we were just too young to realize it.
2. I live in Delaware (Lol Delawhere?)
3. I can play the guitar, but I am not engaged in any musical projects.
4. I'm not even sure what my religion is.
5. I actually enjoy talking about politics
6. I'm a cat person.
7. I tend to be extremely pessimistic.
8. I procrastinate too much.
9. I hate the Weegee meme with a passion.
10. Your face..

« Reply #42 on: March 24, 2008, 03:18:47 PM »
Alright, some more facts about myself:

11. I do like to swim, its one of my favorite activities in the summer.
12. I like swimming more when it's with friends rather than alone.
13. I enjoy putting peanut butter on chocolate chip cookies.
14. Milk? No, water, I almost exclusively drink water. Me drinking something else (soda, ramune, chocolate milk) is very rare.
15. Despite 14, I also like to drink orange juice.
16. I was clinically depressed from July to September 2007. It really started a couple of days after I graduated high school, and waned away  after my first couple of weeks of college. I'd like to save the details as to not make this fact too long, but I'll share if people want.
17. I had to hit the pause button on my education due to not having enough money to continue college.
18. I've said it in this forum before, but what the heck. I'm gay.
19. Something that has to do with 18 is a partial reason for 16.
20. If you have a problem with 18, that's your problem, not mine. I feel perfectly fine this way.
21. I do think a lot of people here are very awesome people, but you could quickly make me think otherwise if you decide to make your problem with 18 my problem. Some people here have actually already done this, and I haven't forgiven them since.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2008, 03:37:55 PM by Vidgmchtr »

« Reply #43 on: March 24, 2008, 08:44:23 PM »
1. I have Asperger's which is a form of autism, but it's very mild and similar to ADHD.
2. I play the trumpet in my school band.
3. After being ostracised by this moron in my boy scout, I have hated Apple fanboys (not users) because they drive me up the wall.
4. My avatar is a Samsung YP-P2 that I have owned since December.
5. I posted a thread like this in another forum and I was banned because a moderator posted a rude comment about it that he should have kept to himself and then I got the boot...on my birthday!
6. I listen to way too much Weird Al.
7. I drink heavily caffeinated energy drinks and sodas like Monster, Red Bull, Full Throttle, Amp, Mountain Dew, Vault, etc.
8. I managed to go to that forum that I was booted from  by changing my email, IP address and username and haven't since, although I apologized like it was my fault I was kicked out.
9. My old Walkman CD player, GameBoy Pocket and Color still work even though they are more than 10 years old.
10. I have gone through 4 MP3 players since June of 2006. In order they are: SanDisk Sansa M240(RIP), Samsung YP-T9(RIP), Insignia NS-DV4G(so glad to get rid of that thing), and my trusty YP-P2(Samsung).
"Follow me down to the valley below You know
Moonlight is bleeding from out of your soul Come to us, Lazarus It's time for you to go"

« Reply #44 on: March 24, 2008, 09:00:35 PM »
6. I listen to way too much Weird Al.
You're my new best friend.

So, let's start another list:

1. I have almost every Weird Al CD out there. (Take those rare singles off the list though... too much work.)
2. I still don't even have a driving permit.
3. My dad is friends with a certain band. (I mean, that's not exactly a fact about me, but it's just as well that I included it.)
4. I have memorized the words to "Albuquerque" (Not the incoherent screaming though.)
5. Drama is my favorite school subject. (It may be an elective, but whatever.)
6. I don't play as much video games as I used to.
7. I draw stuff in a sketchbook when I become really bored.
8. I have almost all A's and B's in all my classes.
9. I've never been past Texas when it comes to the western U.S.
10. I was originally going to have an image demonstrate this one but it didn't work (imageshack trouble. I might upload and show it later.)... so I'll just say I've made damages to sunglasses to the point where they'll just hang on my nose without anything resting on my ears.
I'm a horrible person.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #45 on: March 24, 2008, 09:59:55 PM »
TEN FACTS STRIKE BACK

1: Though I'm not the best, I throw discus and javelin on the track and field team.
2: I may or may not be related to Charlemagne.
3: A flypaper strip fell on my back from the ceiling when I was in around first grade.
4: I still close my eyes in the graveyard part of The Haunted Mansion.
5: Intimate teenagers disgust me.
6: Boxers, not briefs.
7: I had two petite mal seizures when I was about six (my brother had a grand mal and was momentarily hospitalized. Thank God for meds for the next few years afterwards!)
8: I'm pretty sure I have every "standard" poster from every issue of Nintendo Power on my walls (up until the last few issues when I totally lost respect for them. Besides, there wasn't a poster this month, anyway)
9: I still wear sandals every day.
10: I know almost all the lyrics to most Meat Loaf songs.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #46 on: March 27, 2008, 12:09:07 PM »
Glorb's Compendium of Personal Facts in List Form, V2.0

1. I'm like the only person here who doesn't listen to Weird Al.
2. I recently became a Daft Punk fan.
3. My favorite food is a toss-up between Ceasar salad and lasagna (Papa John's pizza comes in a close second)
4. I wear glasses.
5. I have begun playing my N64 again.
6. My favorite energy drink is Full Throttle.
7. I'm addicted to Garry's Mod.
8. I enjoy watching machinima.
9. I'm learning how to pick locks.
10. I have a Duke Nukem Forever poster on my wall from around 2001.
every

missingno

• ▄█ 'M ▓▒
« Reply #47 on: March 27, 2008, 01:14:43 PM »
Glorb's Compendium of Personal Facts in List Form, V2.0

1. I'm like the only person here who doesn't listen to Weird Al.
2. I recently became a Daft Punk fan.
3. My favorite food is a toss-up between Ceasar salad and lasagna (Papa John's pizza comes in a close second)
4. I wear glasses.
5. I have begun playing my N64 again.
6. My favorite energy drink is Full Throttle.
7. I'm addicted to Garry's Mod.
8. I enjoy watching machinima.
9. I'm learning how to pick locks.
10. I have a Duke Nukem Forever poster on my wall from around 2001.

I don't listen to Weird Al. The only Weird Al song I really like is "Polkamon" which is played at the end of Pokémon 2000.
Ditto used Machop!

Super-Jesse

« Reply #48 on: April 05, 2008, 03:50:38 PM »
Wow, I'm glad this was sort of kept up even while I was gone. Ah, anyway, here are 10 new facts, about Super-Jesse me:

1. Despite my love for Mario, I have not been compelled to finish Super Mario Galaxy. Tomorrow is the first day in which I will dedicate more than a few hours to the game.
2. I have a son, now 10 months. For halloween I dressed him up as a Baby Mario.
3. I have a new job now, and it's not exactly better than my previous, but I plan to go to school next year to become a lawyer.
4. In November of 2007, I wrecked my truck and barely escaped the accident alive. Fortunately, only a head scar remains, and I have a new car to "Nintendo" up.
5. My favorite band is Disturbed, and their new song "Into the Fire" is pretty cool in my opinion
6. I purchased a PS3 last year. I know, I'm a sinner. However, Blu-Ray movies are the best thing since sliced bread.
7. I live in San Antonio, TX
8. I have a VS. Dr. Mario arcade cabinet, but the marquee at the top is from VS. Super Mario Bros.
9. I bite my nails whenever I'm nervous, or thinking, or bored. Ewwww....
10. My favorite food is chicken. Mmmmm, Chicken....

There, 10 new things about me. For a daily dose of me, you can always view my myspace at myspace.com/superjessemario and see pics of my son. He's so cute :-D

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #49 on: April 06, 2008, 07:40:47 AM »
4. In November of 2007, I wrecked my truck and barely escaped the accident alive. Fortunately, only a head scar remains, and I have a new car to "Nintendo" up.

Head scars are cool.
every

« Reply #50 on: April 06, 2008, 02:32:55 PM »
More that you never wanted to know about Jess aka GiftedGirl(but were forced to find out anyway)!

11 ~ I try not to get up early if I can help it.
12 ~ Music creates very vivid scenes in my head, which I then put on paper..
13 ~ So many Tortimer trophies... *faints*
14 ~ I have nightmares in which all my game data is erased. 8O
15 ~ I'm a very huggy person. *stretches arms out for a hug* :D
16 ~ Based on his Brawl appearance, I think Ganondorf is hideously ugly. There. I said it.
17 ~ I like using the tilde in place of bullets. ... ~~~~~~~~~ Heehee!
18 ~ I hate clocks, yet I wear a watch all the time. Ironic, neh?
19 ~ I have somewhat of an addiction to dragonfruit flavor vitaminwater.
20 ~ As of late, I've been having chronic earaches.
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #51 on: April 06, 2008, 03:36:26 PM »
Return of the Son of the Revenge of the Bride of the Ten Facts List

12. I burned the rope.
13. I make sandwiches.
14. I still don't have a 360, Wii, or PS3.
15. I still haven't figured out how to set up my online radio stuff, though I probably won't ever be able to because of fact 16...
16. I'm on a satellite Internet connection that's worse than dial-up for online games.
17. The fact that the DS Paddle Controller won't be coming to the US with Arkanoid DS and SPAC3 INVADERS EXTR3ME makes me very sad.
18. I own a top-loading NES in addition to a probably non-working front-loader.
19: I can't figure out a twentieth fact, and this facts list sucked just like the other one.

« Reply #52 on: April 09, 2008, 08:55:49 PM »
Ten more facts.

1. I too can put both my legs behind my head.
2. Although I live in the USA, I want to live in Canada.
3. I made a myspace and want to keep my profile public until I get rude comments.
4. My parents got me a Playstation (Good Riddance) and not an N64 for my birthday and am still mad at them for that.
5. I too live in San Antonio.
6. I consider myself a girl magnet, but have no idea why I am one.
7. My 15 year old sister (I'm 17) tries to control what I listen to other than Christian music.
8. My afformentioned sister gets mad when I choose a random seat and one of her friends sits in the seat in front of me for reasons unknown.
9. I really hate my sister.
10. I am easy to get along with even if I am talking to people who are a different religion, emo, goth, etc.
"Follow me down to the valley below You know
Moonlight is bleeding from out of your soul Come to us, Lazarus It's time for you to go"

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #53 on: April 09, 2008, 09:33:24 PM »
Hey man, PlayStation had great games too.

... Come to think of it, I own more good games for PSX than I do for N64.
That was a joke.

missingno

• ▄█ 'M ▓▒
« Reply #54 on: April 09, 2008, 11:38:17 PM »
I do too.

The thing with those two is that the PSX has more good games, whereas the N64 has less good games, but they're better. So it's a battle of quality vs quantity, and quality always wins. Though I can honestly say I own over 50 PSX games, and about 25 N64 games only.
Ditto used Machop!

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #55 on: April 10, 2008, 06:25:49 AM »
PSX was pretty much better than the N64. In fact, I think the only Sony Console that hasn't been better than the competing Nintendo console is the PS3, which is far inferior to the Wii.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #56 on: April 10, 2008, 09:32:51 AM »
PSX has Xenogears, and that about seals the deal for me right there. I suppose if you're looking for platformers and Zelda, though, N64 has those.
And while PS2 has a kickin' library of awesome, let's not forget GameCube titles such as Baten Kaitos, Odama, and Ikaruga.
That was a joke.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #57 on: April 10, 2008, 01:48:04 PM »
PS3, which is far inferior to the Wii.

Um no. I mean, not FAR inferior. Lately the PS3's had some pretty good reasons to buy (Uncharted, Resistance, Assassin's Creed assuming you don't own a 360, $100 price drop), and once MGS4 comes out, I'm definitely buying. The Wii has the same problem as the GameCube and, to a lesser degree, the N64 had, which is Nintendo's bizarre design choices mean only Nintendo makes good games for it, which is mucho bad in the long run (I'm predicting an early death spiral around 2009).
every

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #58 on: April 10, 2008, 02:57:52 PM »
Uhh, the DS has a strange design and it still destroyed the PSP. It's probably because the Wii and DS are both platforms that allow developers to explore their creativity and make games that would not be possible on any other platform. Plus, the Wii appeals to a much broader audience. There's no way it's gonna die. Still, the PS3 is indeed looking better, but far less so than the 360. I'll probably end up with one, though, because of MGS4 and FFXIII.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2008, 02:59:58 PM by SolidShroom »

missingno

• ▄█ 'M ▓▒
« Reply #59 on: April 10, 2008, 03:14:03 PM »
PSX was pretty much better than the N64. In fact, I think the only Sony Console that hasn't been better than the competing Nintendo console is the PS3, which is far inferior to the Wii.

All the PS2 was is a building block of multiplatform games.

And maybe a few decent exclusives.
Ditto used Machop!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #60 on: April 10, 2008, 06:54:08 PM »
Hey, you all know me, but I'm just going to say that I have no idea why so many people thing the original PlayStation was better than the N64. I mean, maybe everybody I know has a bad crop of games, but almost every PS game I've come in contact with was either a 2-D game, a 2-D/3-D game, or a 3-D game with butt-ugly graphics. Sure, like the PS2, it had a long life, but for how much Sony touted that thing as next-gen, I can honestly say the N64 has far more full-3-D games with better graphics than the PS (and don't even get me started on the the hardware issues...).

TEM

« Reply #61 on: April 10, 2008, 06:55:34 PM »
Proof that 2D is A-OK: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #62 on: April 10, 2008, 07:03:01 PM »
And maybe a few decent exclusives.

The Ratchet & Clank series, God of War, SOCOM, Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3, Jak & Daxter, Guitar Hero, first editions of GTA, Bully...Yeah, I see your point.

Hey, you all know me, but I'm just going to say that I have no idea why so many people thing the original PlayStation was better than the N64. I mean, maybe everybody I know has a bad crop of games, but almost every PS game I've come in contact with was either a 2-D game, a 2-D/3-D game, or a 3-D game with butt-ugly graphics. Sure, like the PS2, it had a long life, but for how much Sony touted that thing as next-gen, I can honestly say the N64 has far more full-3-D games with better graphics than the PS (and don't even get me started on the the hardware issues...).

Look, the ability of a system to display 3D graphics means nothing in the long run. The PS1 and PS2 were the least powerful of their generations but the best-selling. That's usually for a reason. Maybe the lack of raw power is an incentive to do better, who knows?
every

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #63 on: April 10, 2008, 09:22:44 PM »
Uh, MGS2 and 3 are not PS2 exclusive.
I can think of a lot better exclusives though... FFXII, Growlanser 2 and 3, Ico, Katamari Damacy, Shadow of the Colossus...
As for better graphics, big deal when the games themselves are lousy, and I don't know if it's because I'm playing on PS2 or not, but the resolution on PSX games is better than N64's standard also.

...Yeah, I really don't have much fun with N64 at all. Playing it makes me cringe. GameCube on the other hand was a great system and Wii will definitely be around for the whole generation span. As for "bizarre design" all Sony has done is rip off Nintendo with every successive generation. GCN didn't have anything bizarre except the four face buttons, and as I pointed out previously, it got some awesome exclusives as well. I will note however that PS2 was the only system without a complex last gen and didn't need to plaster "ONLY FOR" or "ONLY ON" all over its exclusive games.

Final thought: 3D does in no way make games better at all.
That was a joke.

« Reply #64 on: April 10, 2008, 09:30:43 PM »
And while PS2 has a kickin' library of awesome, let's not forget GameCube titles such as Baten Kaitos, Odama, and Ikaruga.
What a weird list of notable exclusives...

Anyway, MGS2 came to Xbox but MGS3 is PS2 exclusive AFAIK.

And you people are loony. N64 kicks the ever-lovin' snot out of PS1.

BTW, IMO calling it PSX only made sense until the PS2 came out. PSX should have been retconned to PS1 at that time, since we then knew that there was going to be a pattern.

-Lizard Dude

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #65 on: April 10, 2008, 09:32:39 PM »
Odama is one of the weirdest games ever and deserves its place in notability.
That was a joke.

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #66 on: April 10, 2008, 09:40:06 PM »
Uh, MGS2 and 3 are not PS2 exclusive.
MGS3 is a PS2 exclusive. So to un-derail this thread, I will post more facts.

1. Tron is my favorite Disney movie.
2. I used to have fairly long hair but I got it cut.
3. My favorite book is probably Catcher in the Rye.
4. My favorite musical act is probably Neil Young.
5. Diddy Kong and Snake are my favorite Brawl characters.
6. I anticipated Mario Kart Wii over Smash Bros. Brawl.
7. My favorite restaurant is Fuddrucker's.
8. I use MySpace and it bothers me when people denounce it like some sort of evil entity.
9. We're no Strangers to love.
10. You know the Rules, and so do I.

missingno

• ▄█ 'M ▓▒
« Reply #67 on: April 10, 2008, 10:39:00 PM »
I use MySpace too, I consider it a poor website that can breed some low people, but it is a great way to keep in touch with old friends, and sometimes make new ones.
Ditto used Machop!

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #68 on: April 11, 2008, 02:49:39 PM »
8. I use MySpace and it bothers me when people denounce it like some sort of evil entity.
I'm pretty sure you have denounced it several times.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #69 on: April 18, 2008, 10:32:35 PM »
1. I like photography.
2. I play the drums.
3. I'm a "veteren member" of several other forums.
4. I had a fear of roller coasters that I overcame when I was 13.
5. My hair used to be extremely short, before I started growing it longer.
*6. I share an odd number of coincidences with one of my friends.
7. I suffered insomnia, immunity to pain, and several other strange side effects for two weeks after watching this video. To this day I still have no idea why the video caused the strange effects.
8. One of my hobbies is exploring abandoned buildings.
9. I will be working at my dad's company this summer. I'll be coding with HTML and a bit of Java.
10. I am allergic to certain processed foods.

*We both used to live in the same town. I moved to a different town in 4th grade, and in 5th grade, he moved to the same town I moved to. His mother and my father went to the same high school. They're both the same age. We both have the same drum teacher. We were born within five days of each other. We were in almost all of the same classes since 5th grade. And some more stuff too.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2008, 10:34:08 PM by CrzyFlmngMnkyHead »
"MY FAVORITE PART WAS WHEN RICK ASTLEY SAID HE'D NEVER LET ME DOWN" - Cosbydaf

Johnny_Macho

• was_shot three_times
« Reply #70 on: April 19, 2008, 01:24:34 PM »
1.My real name is Johnathan Machino (my last name is pronounced the way it's spelled.)
2.I'm Italian
3.I live in Brooklyn. (2 and 3 are a couple reasons why I like Mario so much.)
4.I fought the law and the law won.
5.I think Queen is the best band ever
6.I hate Myspace
7.I have Arachnophobia
8.I have two webbed toes
9.My favorite show is Scrubs
10.I own every single episode of that 70's show
« Last Edit: April 19, 2008, 01:33:53 PM by Johnny_Macho »
"I'm your only friend, I'm not your only friend, But I'm a little glowing friend, But really I'm not actually your friend, But I am" - They Might Be Giants, 'Birdhouse in your soul'

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #71 on: April 19, 2008, 08:24:42 PM »
7. I suffered insomnia, immunity to pain, and several other strange side effects for two weeks after watching this video. To this day I still have no idea why the video caused the strange effects.

Funny, I got all those after watching this video.
every

« Reply #72 on: April 19, 2008, 08:42:20 PM »
Someone on another forum said I probably suffered those symptoms because of some traumatic event in close resonance to the video that happened in the past.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #73 on: April 19, 2008, 10:24:59 PM »
Woah, woah, woah, what? Man, use that to your advantage!

It's like, there's this superhero who never sleeps and can't feel pain... but only if he watches that video once a month.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #74 on: April 19, 2008, 10:30:51 PM »
Then you can catch a virus that turns your arm all metal.

But in all seriousness, immunity to pain would probably make you not notice things like getting cut, burned, shot, etc. Not very good.
every

Super Caterina!

• Super Cool
« Reply #75 on: April 20, 2008, 12:56:25 AM »
1) X3
2)=o
3)=D
4)=p
5)T_T
6)*_*
7)=^__^=
8)^.^'
9)@_@
10)>_>

I'm joking! XD

1) I LOVE Super Mario games since when I was 5 years old
2) I have believed Mushroom Kingdom really existed since the age of 11
3) I have escaped from home to look for the MK once (and I took only a carrot with me, to eat something....)
4) A lot of people doesn't believe I'm 20 years old (because they say I look like a 15 or 14 year-old: good to hear! XD)
5) I have blue eyes, brown short hair, pointy hears and pointy nose (LOL XD)
6) I have been a judoka from the age of 6 to the age of 18. At the age of 12 I started doing agonistic judo ( DX Bad for me)
7) My favourite character used to be Luigi when I was little (I was fixed with Luigi! Luigi was my HEROOO! X) ). Now it's Bowser jr! =D
8) I'm born and I still live in Cividale del Friuli: little town in the north east of Italy.
  <<<<That's my town! =3
9) ^ That means I'm Italian (but I want to go to work abroad, like in USA, Germany or Japan)! =D
10) My old uncle wanted to call me "Pasqualina" because I was born on Easter day (Pasqualina means Little Easter). Luckily my parents choosed for Caterina! =D

« Last Edit: April 20, 2008, 12:58:10 AM by Super Caterina! »
It's meee, Super Caterina! =D

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #76 on: April 20, 2008, 01:25:46 AM »
Your hero is Bowser Jr.? You truly are unique!

Super Caterina!

• Super Cool
« Reply #77 on: April 20, 2008, 03:27:01 AM »
Your hero is Bowser Jr.? You truly are unique!

Bowser Jr will rule the World! Goyoooooh!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #78 on: April 20, 2008, 08:09:34 AM »
But in all seriousness, immunity to pain would probably make you not notice things like getting cut, burned, shot, etc. Not very good.
Well, yeah, that's what happens to lepers and that one James Bond villian. Double-edged sword, you know?

« Reply #79 on: April 20, 2008, 10:11:57 AM »

I mean emotional pain.

TEM

« Reply #80 on: April 20, 2008, 04:55:09 PM »
I think I remember hearing about a girl who was born without any nerves. She chewed the tips of her fingers off at a very young age.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #81 on: April 20, 2008, 08:27:39 PM »
Bowser Jr will rule the World! Goyoooooh!

Mario fan? Unique interests? Good at art? Young and pretty-looking? Full-fledged Italian? I think I like you. :3

« Reply #82 on: April 21, 2008, 09:19:23 PM »
Someone on another forum said I probably suffered those symptoms because of some traumatic event in close resonance to the video that happened in the past.
You mean when the galaxy was in danger, time was running out, and you couldn't fire because your friend was carrying out her destiny?

I hate when that happens, too.

8) I'm born and I still live in Cividale del Friuli: little town in the north east of Italy.
  <<<<That's my town! =3
Man that looks like Isle Delfino.

Mario fan? Unique interests? Good at art? Young and pretty-looking? Full-fledged Italian? I think I like you. :3
She never said pretty-looking. Zapow!!

-Lizard Dude

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #83 on: April 21, 2008, 09:54:18 PM »
Man that looks like the Carrington Villa map.

Fix-ed.
every

« Reply #84 on: April 21, 2008, 10:21:49 PM »
Really? Then what's that on top of the tower?

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #85 on: April 21, 2008, 10:59:47 PM »
Snipers in purple jumpsuits.
every

Super Caterina!

• Super Cool
« Reply #86 on: April 21, 2008, 11:41:09 PM »
Really? Then what's that on top of the tower?

AHAhah! XD Thankyou very much for having taken back our Shine! ;) ^_^

---By the way, that is the tower where there is  the bell of the church: it's actually the highest building of my town! X3

*Of course yes, I haven't say I am pretty-looking, unluckily for "someone" here! XD

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #87 on: April 21, 2008, 11:46:02 PM »
1. I own a '94 BMW 318is. Hope to get an M3 for college.
2. I'm about to graduate... 18 years old now... bout to go college.
3. Joined these forums when I was 13.
4. I'm actually really nice compared to how people think I am on forums.
5. Don't play me in ping pong. You will DEFINITELY lose.
6. Got into Mario when I was 3. Played my bro's NES then got SMW when I was 7.
7. I get annoyed when the starman music in Mario games haven't changed from game to game.
8. I've had a girlfriend for just under two years, Meagan.
9. I've been done with all my credit crap in high school since January. All I literally go to school for just attendance and ping pong now.
10. You might freak out and quote me, but I do usually dip tobacco. I'm not addicted; I'm not the kind that gets enraged when I don't have it. I just like it when I'm chillin' and especially when I'm playin' Smash Brothas. I like Grizzly Straight, Grizzly Natural, and from rare time to time Skoal flavors like berry, green apple, vanilla, etc.
(11) Galaxy was WAY too easy... and I own every Nintendo system except a GBA (have a DS for that) and a Virtual Boy. I live in Bell county which is, of course, in Texas. Central Texas to be exact.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #88 on: April 21, 2008, 11:53:54 PM »
"I'm not addicted"
That was a joke.

« Reply #89 on: April 22, 2008, 12:05:38 AM »

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #90 on: April 22, 2008, 12:09:07 AM »
Looks like I'll go with the flow and throw another list more rows at this thread.

1.  Finally employed by Washington State University's Student Computing Services, after two interviews.
2.  I take my laptop (which I purchased a few days after my 18th birthday) almost everywhere with me.
3.  Skilled in audio editing, photo manipulation, animation, and even some transcribing, mostly thanks to my time at TMK.
4.  Possesses at least 24 Altoids tins, 20% of which actually contain something (usually coins).
5.  Cursed with far too much skin around the eyes, resulting with a youthful face and build, but dark and weary eyes.
6.  Never been on a date. Probably.
7.  Severe allergies during early summer. Just about now, I'd say. *sniff*
8.  Can look hilariously menacing, but rarely yells and never swears.
9.  Enjoys using a black, fleece scarf during winter.
10. Implausibly against the use of any non-medicinal dopamine-inducing drug. Avoids mentioning this intense distaste, but as previously mentioned, the face betrays vocal suppression.

11. Avoids the use of first person to look more professional and modest.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2008, 12:25:04 AM by Suffix »

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #91 on: April 22, 2008, 11:39:43 AM »
Chupperson, LIzard Dude: My usual = 2 or 3 times a day. That would make a can last almost a week and a half for me. I say "not addicted" because I don't crave two to three full cans *every* single day like some crazy people I know. I've never felt the need to dip more than what I have over the couple years I've done this... so I feel as if I have control over it. I've never had any problems with my mouth. My dentist always tells me my mouth is perfect and I always brush my teeth and get mouthwash up in there every time I dip, so yeah.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #92 on: April 22, 2008, 01:58:24 PM »
AHAhah! XD Thankyou very much for having taken back our Shine! ;) ^_^

---By the way, that is the tower where there is  the bell of the church: it's actually the highest building of my town! X3

*Of course yes, I haven't say I am pretty-looking, unluckily for "someone" here! XD

You mean you don't think you're pretty?

Well, in that case I think you do...

even if....

...I have absolutely no idea what you look like.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #93 on: April 22, 2008, 02:41:33 PM »
4.  Possesses at least 24 Altoids tins, 20% of which actually contain something (usually coins).

Altoids tins rewl. I keep all kindsa stuff in them - money, DS games, Altoids, bottle caps. A friend of mine uses them to store PSP games, and they fit almost perfectly.
every

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #94 on: April 22, 2008, 08:02:22 PM »
...but PSP games are optical media! I hope he uses plastic wrap or waxed paper between them.

Aside from coins, I have styli, batteries, paper clips, staples, even some small audio related equipment, like my composite-audio-to-1/8 adapter.

« Reply #95 on: April 22, 2008, 08:06:35 PM »
I saw some pictures of fuzzy tongues one time. I'm glad I don't do drugs :)

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #96 on: April 22, 2008, 08:47:36 PM »
Suffix, have you ever seen a UMD? They come in their own plastic cases.
That was a joke.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #97 on: April 22, 2008, 08:49:53 PM »
Ah, that's how it is! I always thought they just came in downsized normal cases-- like a smaller version of the needlessly large GCN cases.

Print