Print

Author Topic: The Obligatory Super Mario War Topic (move if necessary)  (Read 5049 times)

« on: May 22, 2008, 05:43:58 PM »
I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this or not, so if it should be moved, please move it to its respective placement.
Some of you out there may have heard of the homebrew game Super Mario War. It's a 16-bit-like Mario game, but instead of a sidescrolling platformer, it's more like a static-screen deathmatch game. The best part is there's also a level editor to make your own levels, and a world editor to create SMB3-like worlds (those are a lot more complicated, but they're also a lot more fun). Almost every single aspect of the game is customizable.

The current version is 1.8 beta 1.
Download it here.
"MY FAVORITE PART WAS WHEN RICK ASTLEY SAID HE'D NEVER LET ME DOWN" - Cosbydaf

« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2008, 05:57:04 PM »
This. Is. Fantastic. How much time was spent on it?
Bowser and Bowser Jr: best villains EVER.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2008, 08:44:59 PM »
It's also really really old. Seems we got by just fine for years without this "obligatory" topic.
That was a joke.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2008, 04:02:40 AM »
At first I thought this was going to be about the Super Mario War ROM in TMK's emulation section, which isn't as fun as this.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2008, 06:50:54 AM »
It's also really really old. Seems we got by just fine for years without this "obligatory" topic.

You're thinking of the original Mario War game (which is accidently mislabeled as "Super Mario War" on TMK). This is Super Mario War; and the most recent version was released yesterday.
Mario War and Super Mario War are two almost-totally different homebrews.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2008, 11:34:09 AM by CrzyFlmngMnkyHead »
"MY FAVORITE PART WAS WHEN RICK ASTLEY SAID HE'D NEVER LET ME DOWN" - Cosbydaf

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2008, 07:10:23 AM »
What's with the big "Bandwidth Exceeded" warning?
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2008, 10:41:57 AM »
Probably because it contains too much awesomeness for one internet.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2008, 05:26:02 PM »
The fact that the words "mario" and "war" are in the same title turns me away.

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2008, 05:30:26 PM »
Its because he didn't get enough bandwith, ran out, and now needs to buy some more. (thats my theory)

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2008, 07:09:58 PM »
The fact that the words "mario" and "war" are in the same title turns me away.

Maybe you should actually click the link?
SMWar is one of the best Mario fan-games (ooh i went there) I have played in a long time.

Download it now you crazy hippies
EDIT: It's also for Linux and Mac OS X so no problems there

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2008, 07:34:55 AM »
Well here a Mario level creator that you dont have to pay for or download: http://pouetpu.pbwiki.com/
I dont know why they put it on a wiki.
Noy Duh

Print