Print

Author Topic: Which games should I buy?  (Read 10391 times)

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2008, 12:19:04 PM »
More people haven't mentioned Tetris DS because it's rather expensive, even used (at least, that's part of why I didn't suggest it, since I had to pay $26 for the game), and because it's too easy because of infinite rotation.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2008, 01:20:38 PM »
ShadowBrain: Most games don't have Time Trials at all. Are you saying an added mode makes the game worse?
No, I'm that you can't save on the Time Trial mode, which means that even Nintendo/HAL realizes the game is incredibly easy/short (don't get me wrong, though--it was still a pretty fun game).
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2008, 10:20:41 AM »
You can't save in SMB3, and I would never dream of calling that one's world 8 easy (actually, most of the levels of world 6 and beyond are no cakewalk).
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2008, 01:02:18 PM »
Unless you're a six-year-old girl (points shamefully to CT).
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2008, 04:50:29 PM »
You can't save in SMB3, and I would never dream of calling that one's world 8 easy (actually, most of the levels of world 6 and beyond are no cakewalk).
Yes, but you can save in Squeak Squad... just not on Time Trial mode (which raises the question... why do they let you save in the first place if they expect you to beat it in one sitting come the unlocking of TT mode?).
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2008, 07:12:07 PM »
Well, if you saved during a Time Trial session, then it wouldn't be a time trial. But if you're saying it doesn't save your best times in Time Trial mode, that's sad. Unless the time trial is to see how fast you can get through the entire game.

You should be able to save in SMB3. Super Mario All-Stars let you save after every world. SMB3's not easy.

I look back at Mario Kart 64's time trial mode and wonder a few things. One, why did it take up almost all of my controller pak just to save a replay? Two, why couldn't you save if you crashed into something? Did it stop you from saving if you paused the game? The games I've seen since then make me wonder whether it was inefficient at saving replays or whether kart-driving and its tracks inherently take up more memory than, say, World Driver Championship.
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #36 on: July 06, 2008, 08:16:54 PM »
You should be able to save in SMB3. Super Mario All-Stars let you save after every world. SMB3's not easy.
If you get Super Mario Advance 4, you can save even more than in the SNES version, and it's a little easier.
CURSE YOU... SOMEBODY!

Print