Print

Author Topic: Are any of you... pokemon masters?  (Read 19427 times)

« Reply #45 on: July 29, 2008, 04:52:52 PM »
wow, almost everywhere i look people seem to hate pokemon (its mostly due to the anime) but i like it anyways.

so let's see...i guess i consider myself a pokemon master...but i'm sure there are many people better than me.

i'm almost done completing my sapphire's national dex (343 out of 386)
i have enough experience since i own red, blue, yellow, gold, silver, sapphire, emerald and diamond...

hmmm...if i could get a glameow and a purugly in my diamond, plus manaphy, darkrai, shaymin and arceus, i think i could complete the national dex there. my sapphire has most of the pokemon i need, the rest i have/can get in diamond. the only ones i would need trades to obtain them are the ones i listed.

as far as training goes...i only have 4 lv 100 pokemon, and i'm training a group of 5 pokemon of mine so they can reach lv100 soon too.
so that would be rayquaza, kyogre, blaziken and blissey lv100. but i never used any game hacking devices.

i'm also into glitches...(old red and blue!) and as far as that goes, i own a couple of glitches...to those of you who know what i'm talking of, i own MissingNo., 'M, A, a, .4, h POKE, PKMN, LM4, and pT.

compared to the people i know, i think i'm a pokemon master. i even have a copper trainer card in sapphire, and supposedly, to beat a game 100% you have to get the maximum trainer card color (have all of the little stars, ex. you obtain one for beating the elite four)

but again, i think there are many people out there who are more of a pokemon master than me.

event pokemon....due to buying a used pokemon emerald game pak, i own all the event pokemon from generation 1-3, except deoxys due to a corrupted save file...(it got deleted) but i managed to go to the recent nintendo event at gamestop and i got myself a new lv50 deoxys in diamond (its lv58 right now)

i wish i had wi-fi though...i would like battling some people there.

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #46 on: July 29, 2008, 08:43:31 PM »
Update on my friend's Gold cart: the save is gone. It also refuses to save. However, his Yellow still has its save. So does Pokémon Trading Card Game. XD
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #47 on: July 30, 2008, 12:08:22 AM »
I used to consider myself a Pokemon Master, but I stopped caring after R/S/E.
The only 4th gen pokemon I like are:

Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #48 on: August 08, 2008, 10:31:54 PM »
I do not have the guts to call myself a "master". Though I've been a fan of the series since the beginning(or at least, since Mom and Dad got me Pokemon Yellow and my first Game Boy Color for Christmas), I am in no way a master due to the following:

~ I have never beaten the Elite Four.
~ I have never even come close to "catching them all".
~ I am unable to fill every Pokedex entry due to lack of personal connectivity availability(I know no one willing to hook up GB/GBA versions, and I have no WiFi so sad).
~ Some Pokemon I absolutely refuse to evolve, like my Wartortle(Wartortle's my favorite) or my Pikachu from LeafGreen.

If the definition of "Pokemon master" was changed to "someone who has followed the Pokemon series since their earliest days and is a truly dedicated fan", yeah, I'd be a master. Otherwise, I'm just a Pokenerd.
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #49 on: August 09, 2008, 12:12:35 AM »
Pokemon carts seem notoriously bad at retaining saved data.
My copy of Red suffered such a fate, but that was probably because I banged my Game Boy on the ground when I got really ticked about something (I got the satisfyingly enhanced, albeit somewhat promotional, Pokemon Yellow to compensate). My copy of Gold, as I recently discovered, has fallen prey to the same fate, un-bashed.

Granted, any old cartridge game with battery memory will probably suffer save-loss eventually. It's just that Pokemon games are really complex (which is why there's only one save file. However, that excuse doesn't cut it for Pokemon Colleseum--that name is the only time a Pokemon game will send me to the dictionary, mind you--a game that, though I'm not insanely fond of it, still bugs me in that I have to use a separate memory card so my brother and I can have indvidual files (heck, I'm only even playing it so I can get G/S Pokemon on Ruby and, by extension, Pearl).
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #50 on: August 12, 2008, 10:24:24 AM »
wow, almost everywhere i look people seem to hate pokemon (its mostly due to the anime) but i like it anyways.

I got into pokemon when it first came out and I loved it.  I still do like the old pokemon games and show but I dislike the new one.  They changed characters, the new pokemon look alot different then they used to back in the early days and personally think it was stupid of them to change it.
Probably likes Sonic games better than anyone else on the fungi forums.

« Reply #51 on: August 12, 2008, 06:38:19 PM »
I stopped playing Pokemon after Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald. They just got worse after that.
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #52 on: August 13, 2008, 08:45:53 AM »
If you haven't played them, how do you know they're worse?
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #53 on: August 13, 2008, 10:47:51 AM »
The Diamond and Pearl series were the first to be admitted to the hospital because of its worsening conditions.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #54 on: August 13, 2008, 09:31:31 PM »
I don't see how any of it could get any worse, because it's virtually the same... uh, game. They add a bunch of new features each time, I can't think of any ideas that they "threw out".

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #55 on: August 14, 2008, 05:53:04 AM »
What about the PokéGear from Gold & Silver? The radio never came back (not that it made a huge difference to begin with) and the phone sort of returned in Emerald, then dropped again.
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

« Reply #56 on: August 14, 2008, 08:18:52 AM »
Man, I hate my AR. I was getting kinda close, seen all the Sinnoh Pokemon, brought up my high level Rayquaza and Swampert, but, I got out of hand with my AR and, due to my horrible programming skills, I had to delete that file, thus making me lose alot of that data (then again, most of it dissapeared anyway.) I'm going to have to re-beat Pokemon Diamond and Emerald. Either that, or wait until Platnium comes out.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #57 on: August 14, 2008, 01:50:05 PM »
Question about EVs and training my Porygon-Z... I have maxed out it's base Sp. Att. with Calciums, infected it with Pokerus and equipped it with the macho brace.  Then I pit it against endless Gastlies in the old chateau.  From my understanding, because I'm getting quadruple EVs (1 Sp. Att. from defeating Gastly x2 from Pokerus x2 with macho brace=4), for however many Gastlies Porygon-Z defeats before levelling up, he should get +1 in his special attack stat.  However, the most I've ever gotten after levelling up on 8 or so Gastlies was +6 special attack.  I've even gotten as low as +3.  What am I doing wrong, if anything?
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #58 on: August 14, 2008, 05:33:26 PM »
Man, I hate my AR. I was getting kinda close, seen all the Sinnoh Pokemon, brought up my high level Rayquaza and Swampert, but, I got out of hand with my AR and, due to my horrible programming skills, I had to delete that file, thus making me lose alot of that data (then again, most of it dissapeared anyway.) I'm going to have to re-beat Pokemon Diamond and Emerald. Either that, or wait until Platnium comes out.

D'awww a cheating device made me have to restart my game. I sure wish I hadn't cheated.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #59 on: August 15, 2008, 11:35:03 AM »
If you were cheating on the file, why do you have attachment to it? Can't you just cheat up a new one?

In conclusion, cheaters are losers.

Print