Print

Author Topic: Wii Remote problems  (Read 5441 times)

« on: November 15, 2008, 08:41:26 PM »
Something strange happened to my Wii Remote today. Apparently, my remote no longer responds to actions like shaking or pulling back. I tried to play both WarioWare: Smooth Moves and Super Mario Galaxy today. When in Young Cricket's story in Smooth Moves, the remote refused to respond when pulling back in attempt to open a drawer(the knight-opens-a-drawer-with-something-shiny-in-it game) and when trying to put the ball in the hole, the ball rolled to one corner and stayed there. It got even stranger with SMG. Mario no longer spins when I shake the remote. He only spins if I shake the Nunchuk.

What the heck is going on here? Has anyone else experienced this problem?
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2008, 09:40:02 PM »
I'm not sure what's happening, but you should probably have a friend come over and see if his/her Wii Remote works. If it does, then something is wrong with yours, and you'll probably need to get a new one. Alternatively, you could call up Nintendo and check what's up. Other than that, I don't know, sorry.
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2008, 10:55:57 PM »
Can't say I know exactly what your problem is there, but I do know that--at least in WarioWare--anything involving pointing/moving forward/backward (you know, actual 3-D control. What most of us bought a Wii for) requires you to point exactly at the sensor bar, as opposed to just plain pointing, which isn't as picky.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2008, 10:57:25 PM »
You could send it in to nintendo to get it fixed. Just have to pay shipping.
Gently push a piece of the tube containing the intersection along the fourth dimension, out of the original three dimensional space.
- WIkipedia page on the Klein bottle

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2008, 11:13:07 PM »
Sounds like your accelerometer broke.
That was a joke.

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2008, 03:01:12 AM »
Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Yes- from memory, you're supposed to turn the Wiimote over and tap it with an open palm around where the battery cover is. I was skeptical at first, commenting to the person on the phone that spanking it probably wouldn't help, but lo and behold, I soon got silenced by a working Wiimote. :D
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2008, 05:33:47 PM »
Lol. That must of been awkward. Like this:

Ultima Shadow: "Yeah, my Wiimote isn't responding to pulling back."
Nintendo Service guy: "Just tap the back of the battery cover."
US: "Your kidding, right."
NSg: "No, I'm not."
US: "Dude, spanking the Wiimote is just gonna screw it up more.
NSg: "Trust me, just do it."

Later...

US: O.O

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2008, 08:38:08 PM »
Try getting a new new sensor bar.
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2008, 08:54:04 PM »
The sensor bar has absolutely nothing to do with the accelerometer. It is for the pointer only.

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2008, 05:12:07 PM »
Well, I don't think there's anymore problems now. I played Wii Sports last night and I could still hit all those fouls like I used to(I'm terrible at sports, hehe) and throw a mean curveball. Problem is, I think my second player remote sacrificed itself to save my first player one. I tried playing SMG with it(which, by the way, worked like normal) but then I went to turn off the Wii and I forgot only the first player one controls whether the Wii is on or off and turned the remote itself off instead. Now the dang thing won't even turn on, even though it has fairly new batteries. This has happened before with the first player one and Dad somehow fixed that, but I can't remember how he did it. Ah well. It's only the second player one. And it's also the one that came free with WiiPlay, so no biggie. I can just get a new one to replace that. Thanks for the suggestions, guys. ^_^
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2008, 07:43:28 AM »
Strange...  try taking out the batteries, waiting a few minutes, then put them back in?
Here we go!

Print