Print

Author Topic: Paper Mario Credits Music Lyrics???  (Read 3734 times)

« on: May 03, 2010, 01:37:07 PM »
Yes, I know I haven't posted in a while. I'll try to be more active, I promise... (That's what I said last time, wasn't it...?)

Anyways, about the title. Let me explain further. I need someone to write song lyrics for me, to be accompanied by the following Paper Mario credit reel tracks:

Victory Parade, from Paper Mario
The Celebration Continues, from Paper Mario
Staff Roll, from Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
Staff Credits, from Super Paper Mario

If you're interested in helping me, here's a link to a website where you can find the music: http://media.greenyoshi.com/browser/ The first two are under Nintendo 64 --> Paper Mario GMS --> Disc 2, the second is under GameCube --> Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door, and the third one is under Wii --> Super Paper Mario.

There are a couple of specific things I'd like included in the lyrics, as well. For both Victory Parade and The Celebration Continues, PM:
~ References to my near-dependence on the Nintendo Power Player's Guide
~ At least half a line dedicated to each party member
~ Something about getting caught repeatedly by the Sentinels(yes, that's what they're really called) in Tubba Blubba's Castle
~ Getting the Ultra Boots early
~ Maybe stuff about the chapter bosses
~ A mention of french fries, chicken wings and sweet tea (it's a personal joke, because I often eat while I play)
~ The little idiot, Jr. Troopa

For Staff Roll, PM-TTYD:
~ Same thing about the Player's Guide, party members and chapter bosses as for the first one
~ Mention of the four heroes who sealed the Thousand-Year Door a thousand years ago
~ TEC, the pervert computer that helped Peach
~ Beautiful, shiny Crystal Stars
~ X-Nauts, the tissue brigade
~ Maybe something about Peach's and Bowser's playable parts in the game
~ Breakage of the fourth wall ("Hey you, out there sitting in front of the TV!")

For Staff Credits, SPM:
~ More Player's Guide and chapter bosses
~ Something for Mario, Peach, Bowser and Luigi
~ References to David Bowie XD
~ A mention of how Count Bleck's theme music is frickin' EVERYWHERE in this game's soundtrack(even a bit of it is used near the end of this very song!!)
~ Of course, a lot of references to the power of love
~ "Prophecy is hogwash, now let's eat!"

Other than those specifics, it's up to you what you put in, as long as it pertains to the Paper Mario game the lyrics are for. ;) (If it would help, you could ask me about my mannerisms during or reaction to certain parts of the game. I'd be happy to share, I just don't wish to type all that here because it would take too long.)

So, get to it! Whichever ones I like best, I might sing in a performance for YouTube. That'd be cool, doncha think?
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 01:40:05 PM by GiftedGirl »
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2010, 01:47:45 PM »
Couple of questions: first off, would you prefer to have all the lyrics written by the same person?  Because I could definitely write for PM2 segment, and maybe the SPM segment, but I've never played Paper Mario 64.  Second, how many loops of each song do you want lyrics for?  The PM2 segment seems to loop through more than once.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2010, 02:16:36 PM »
Mmm, multiple writers are okay. And...I guess one loopthrough will do. :)
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

Print