Print

Author Topic: Video Editing Help  (Read 3323 times)

« on: August 06, 2010, 05:35:55 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIai78oWlYU (The video basically just says what I'm going to say here.)

I'm having problems with video editing. The Windows 7 version of MovieMaker does something weird to the audio where it speeds it up slightly, desyncing it from the video and making my voice sound strange. Windows Vista MovieMaker didn't have this issue. I bought a video editing software, VideoShow Expressions, to counter this problem, but the file format my Flip camera records in, MP4, is somehow incompatible with VideoShow Expressions, and the media converter program that came with it does nothing to help. If anyone has any ideas on how I can solve the audio problem, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks! ~Jess
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2010, 08:04:35 PM »
Don't use Movie Maker. It's seriously the worst editing program ever.

I'd suggest some programs, but those would require torrenting, and I'm not too sure if I'm allowed to endorse that around here nor whether your views on torrenting are the same as mine, and even if they are, whether you wanna download a client for being able to download some of that stuff.
Formerly quite reasonable.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2010, 08:30:09 PM »
Don't use Movie Maker. It's seriously the worst editing program ever.

Well, yeah, it is terribly basic as hell, but it's far from the "worst". It does what it's supposed to do.

Of course I'm going by the XP version, but whatever.
every

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2010, 09:47:24 PM »
I'd suggest some programs, but those would require torrenting, and I'm not too sure if I'm allowed to endorse that around here nor whether your views on torrenting are the same as mine, and even if they are, whether you wanna download a client for being able to download some of that stuff.

You mean stealing? No, we don't endorse stealing here.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2010, 11:31:33 PM »
Well, yeah, it is terribly basic as hell, but it's far from the "worst". It does what it's supposed to do.

I often deal with it crashing quite often or hanging up every time you do anything.

You mean stealing? No, we don't endorse stealing here.

Which is exactly why I didn't really go into it and I sort of asked beforehand instead of outright urging her to go download a torrent client.
Formerly quite reasonable.

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2010, 04:39:02 PM »
Fair enough, but I brought it up because I wanted to hear your justification for it.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2010, 06:26:41 PM »
WinFF should be able to convert the MP4s into something your programs like better.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2010, 07:17:23 AM »
A few years ago using Movie Maker to make http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAlrJAGkoJY for a Ubisoft promotion was a major reason I won a Wii, game, guide, music, etc.  The only problem I ran into back then was it locking up if I had to many large videos open at a time.  I was using DVD format though so I can't speak directly to your problem. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Print