Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1695569 times)

Jman

• Score
« Reply #6135 on: October 14, 2009, 04:50:03 PM »
Captain Lou Albano died today.  He was involved with the Super Mario Brothers Super Show, wasn't he?  I already knew he was a pro wrestler.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

« Reply #6136 on: October 14, 2009, 05:09:48 PM »
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #6137 on: October 15, 2009, 02:13:32 PM »
Ah, [darn]. He was cool. And I mean actually cool, in a non-ironic Internet kind of way.
every

« Reply #6138 on: October 17, 2009, 06:23:36 AM »
I need to redownload Steam, but the Valve site keeps loading up in German... o_O

UPDATE: fixed, but now Left 4 Dead thinks it's cool to put everything in Spanish.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 02:53:16 PM by Ultima Shadow »
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #6139 on: October 17, 2009, 03:09:46 PM »
¡Píldoras aquí!
every

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #6140 on: October 19, 2009, 10:35:05 AM »
I have extreme angst because I turned auto-renewal off for Xbox LIVE's auto-renewal bullcrap, but I still have been charged for another three months of LIVE.

Apparently, the credit card was declined when it attempted to charge it (which was not an authorized charge in the first place), so I was told that I needed to modify my existing payment option... so after 2 minutes of wondering why I was being charged again, I went into to edit it and tell it to forget (and permanently remove) the credit card info and I wasn't allowed to remove it. Then, out of nowhere, I'm signed out of Xbox LIVE and told that my account has been suspended because of a payment error. It said I could still have all the privileges of a Silver account and still be able to play games in any type of online setting which I thought was peculiar.... of course, I sign into my account to play Call of Duty 4 aaaaand... no dice. I'm kicked off LIVE for real.

So... apparently, Microsoft went ahead and charged me for another 3 months, but the card was declined so there's a friggin' transaction pending for it, and I can't remove the card or anything because it's linked to my active account and that pending BS. I just want to remove the card information and get on with my life, but I can't remove it until I use another credit card that is legit to cover it. So, the transaction is obviously final... I have to go put in new info on a working card for the transaction to go through, go call customer support again to have them remove the card info immediately after the transaction clears, let the three months run out on it, etc. Oh, but wait. This is even better: My account reverted back to Silver when it found out the credit card exploded, so before my account got suspended and all this crap happened, I went to redeem my pre-paid card. Okay, well, the card redeemed and everything and my profile had been upgraded back to Gold, so I thought "Hell yes, that went smoothly." Well, no, I still can't play any games until this transaction goes through but I was able to redeem my pre-paid card and have my account upgraded back to Gold... so basically, that means that my 3 months is ticking away and I can't do a friggin' thing about it until this stupid card crap is taken care of. Another question is: since my 3 month card is redeemed and apparently active, when the transaction does finally go through and it renews, is it going to stack on top of the three months from the pre-paid card or am I gonna be out $20 for a worthless piece of plastic that I had just redeemed?

This is complete and utter bullcrap, to say the least. I entered the card info back in April to get three months. After three months, I noticed it renewed itself for another three months. The second I realized this, I called XCrap Support to turn auto-renewal off... keep in mind that was early July-ish... so here I am, another three months later, and Microsoft is trying to charge me for a renewal that I cancelled almost three months ago. It's just weird that you have to call Microsoft to tell them to turn auto-renewal off. It's so easy to put your card info on LIVE, but then nigh impossible to get it back off again if you run into a trivial matter.

I mean, what is so hard about removing the card? Why is Microsoft like "OH LOL WE ALREADY TRIED TO CHARGE IT. ITS PENDING LOL U CANT DO NOTHIN BOUT IT SO PAY UP"? Does Microsoft think you're trying to con them out of a subscription or something? You'd think that if the card didn't go through, you could cancel the pending transaction/remove the credit card info online or over the phone explaining what the situation is and that you are, in fact, the cardholder, and then that would mean you wouldn't have your subscription renewed-- simple. Well, no, apparently not.

I can't sign into LIVE to modify my credit card info, but I need to access Live TO change it. I can't sign into xbox.com because it says my account doesn't exist (yet I've visited the site dozens of times, queued up downloads from there, etc.). I've been calling support, and I'm talking to complete idiots that sound like they're reading questions and answers off a sheet of paper. I get redirected to the "supervisor," I'm on hold for 3 minutes, then I get hung up on!

What it boils down to is:

-My Xbox is an offline brick until this can be sorted.
-Microsoft charged the credit card after I phoned Xbox Support to have them get rid of the auto-renewal BS almost 3 months before the renewal date... so that is basically a crime. If you tell them to not renew your card automatically, then they are not allowed to just carry on and do the opposite of what you requested.

I've been reading horror stories (interestingly all on the LIVE forums) about people who have found themselves in my shoes and it's pretty ridiculous what they have to do to rectify the problem(s). Maybe Microsoft needs to be smacked around with a class-action lawsuit.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 11:06:14 AM by Trainman »
Formerly quite reasonable.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #6141 on: October 20, 2009, 07:14:58 PM »
Is it just me, or do the Guitar Hero: World Tour songs that you can transfer into GH5 have dumbed-down note charts?
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #6142 on: October 22, 2009, 02:57:45 PM »
My wrist hurts after having to revitalize dried underglaze so I could use it for my teapot project in my pottery class. For those who don't know, when pottery glazes and underglazes dry, they become something similar to chalk-in-a-jar; completely solid and utterly useless. Returning it to a useable state requires breaking the solidified mass out of the jar and grinding it with a mortar and pestle until it is turned to powder, then putting the powder back into the jar and mixing it with water until it's able to be painted onto the pottery again. It gets worse when you realize I had to do the same exact thing yesterday, albeit with a different color. Even more angst-worthy is that I didn't even need that much of the color I was using. Nameless person who let the underglaze dry out in the first place, thank you for helping me develop early arthritis.
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #6143 on: October 22, 2009, 06:42:18 PM »
Well, I do have a pottery class, in fact, and I think that did happen to me. In my case, at least, it wasn't all that difficult to fix (though it was certainly frustrating).

Anyway, I'm starting to think I must've ****ed off some gypsy, because now I've got two more staph infections--one under my right arm and one on the underside of my lower leg (calf?)--and my brother has one as well, and/or maybe-cellulitus. I'm supposed to go see a dermatologist... eventually.

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #6144 on: October 22, 2009, 06:57:19 PM »
Anyway, I'm starting to think I must've ****ed off some gypsy, because now I've got two more staph infections--one under my right arm and one on the underside of my lower leg (calf?)--and my brother has one as well, and/or maybe-cellulitus. I'm supposed to go see a dermatologist... eventually.

Any reason you're sharing that kind of personal information on a public internet forum? I mean, yeah Angst thread, but is this the sort of thing you really need to be posting? Now I not only know you have staph infections, but where they are. These are things I did not want to know. Is this helping you in some way?

I don't mean to single you out, since this thread was a terrible idea and originally a joke, but honestly, is this really helping anyone?

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #6145 on: October 22, 2009, 07:03:14 PM »
Well, maybe not staph... MRSA, or something like that. Hey, it's not like I'm going to come over to your house and rub it on your face. Were you just planning on complaining about this thread anyway, and I was the unfortunate last person to post?

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #6146 on: October 22, 2009, 07:17:52 PM »
It's not like I came into this thread to complain (the irony), and your post alone probably wouldn't have triggered my "complain about member's post" reflex, but in addition to the accumulation of past perusal the decision was made for me. I can only ignore this stuff for so long.

But hey, you avoided answering my question. I'm not particularly concerned with what illness you have, it's that it's not doing anyone else any good. Does my knowing where your infections are help you in some way? I'm not your doctor, and I have to assume he's not posting here either.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2009, 07:21:27 PM by Black Mage »

« Reply #6147 on: October 22, 2009, 07:26:32 PM »
Indeed, SB. This thread's purpose is to let users vent their problems, no matter how trivial, superficial or unpleasant they may be. Better here than in an unnecessary new topic made solely for staph infections, right? Besides, the rants posted here make for interesting discussion fodder.

On that note, it turns out that I can't download Abbey Road in its entirety on The Beatles: Rock Band. Apparently, eight Wii games and a handful more VC titles require 1400 blocks of Wii system memory, not leaving nearly enough for several 100+ block song downloads.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #6148 on: October 22, 2009, 07:35:10 PM »
I'm not arguing the thread's purpose, as there are an embarrassing amount of pages that paint a clear picture, but instead that regardless of the thread/topic there are things that really don't need to be shared on a public forum. Do all of the posts here fall into that category? No, I expect there are some legitimate posts in here somewhere. Am I saying this guy's staph infections fall into that category? Yes.

Things like having a toothache, headache, jerk friends, staph infection can be interesting topics, but I am telling you right now that stating that you have them won't. Or in this case, stating where you have them.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #6149 on: October 23, 2009, 06:56:35 AM »
I still don't see the problem here.

Print