Print

Author Topic: The HOPEFUL thread: Be happy here!  (Read 1260290 times)

Tavros

• he was hello
« Reply #6045 on: February 28, 2016, 06:09:25 PM »
Way to go, man! Here's to hoping you'll have a long and happy marriage!
read jitsu wa watashi wa

« Reply #6046 on: February 28, 2016, 06:46:55 PM »
My babies are growng up so fast ;~;
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #6047 on: February 29, 2016, 10:49:15 AM »
Congrats!!
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #6048 on: March 19, 2016, 03:29:53 AM »
I made strawberry preserves yesterday!

The store I work at bought an excess (read: a [dukar]-ton) of strawberries somehow and was selling them 97 cents a pound. I bought 8 pounds with the intention of making 16 8-ounce jars of it. It came out great, it's just like how it is when my mom makes it, and I even got an extra unexpected pint, plus nearly a pint of the foam skimmed off the top before canning it, which tastes just as good too.

I know what you're thinking, "that's too much ****ing jam you maniac" you don't know me I could eat all of this within a few months. Not that I'm going to. I'm giving jars to people I work with. Mostly I'm just really pleased with myself that it came out perfect. The jars even sealed properly. This is something I never lived without, and now I never have to, 'cause I can do it myself. I only ever had storebought jelly a few times before I moved out, and it's trash. It's sugar vs. high-fructose corn syrup. I'm not even really anti-hfcs but when you've got a substance that only has three ingredients and one of them is a sweetener, you can tell the difference
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #6049 on: March 20, 2016, 08:28:34 AM »
Tk puttin' a ring on it!
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #6050 on: March 21, 2016, 08:44:16 PM »
Also: I didn't mess around with my first eBay bid win.

« Reply #6051 on: March 21, 2016, 11:12:48 PM »
Very, very nice. I tried winning a copy years back,but the bids always went out of my ballpark.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #6052 on: March 22, 2016, 11:32:12 AM »
Yeah, I count myself lucky I found a strangely noncompetitive listing--no one else was even bidding, so I got it for $130 (someone else had been selling it for $50, but I had this nagging fear there'd be a catch).

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #6053 on: May 15, 2016, 06:53:33 PM »
Cornell Law School, Class of 2016.

« Reply #6054 on: May 15, 2016, 07:31:20 PM »
CONGLATURATION

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #6055 on: May 15, 2016, 08:09:39 PM »
Congrats!

I guess you'll be headed to the bar now.  And then the bar.  Not necessarily in that order.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #6056 on: May 15, 2016, 08:36:40 PM »
Thanks! And yeah, definitely going to be, ahem, judicious alternation between those to get me prepped for the real deal.

Tavros

• he was hello
« Reply #6057 on: May 28, 2016, 02:25:36 PM »
Just came back from MegaCon (essentially ComicCon for Central Florida), and oh wow was it fun.
I got a Nintendo 64, Resident Evil 2 on the N64, an egg-themed Square Super Famicom game, an audio cable for my PS2, an imported version of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All Star Battle, and a Jotaro Kujo figurine.
And I got my copy of Sm4sh Wii U signed by Ryo Horikawa (Captain Falcon's VA), and I took a picture with him.
It was really fun.
(Pics will come when I bother to take them, so probably in a couple hours)
read jitsu wa watashi wa

« Reply #6058 on: August 11, 2016, 01:29:31 PM »
I signed up late for the college course I wanted. Didn't think I would get in, but an opening became available two days ago :D!
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

« Reply #6059 on: September 14, 2016, 04:31:06 AM »
Despite being incredibly rusty in Mario Kart (or really any Mario games at all), I signed up to a Mario Kart tournament at my work, and after starting with 48 contestants, I'm into the semi-finals! Just got one more cup to race against three others and I'll be in the finals; pretty excited to see how it will go down.

Edit: After qualifying 2nd in both of the opening rounds, I managed to tie for 1st in the third round, but lost the tiebreaker. The layout of the tournament was such that there was a wildcard spot in the final, so I got that. 1st place on DK Jungle Parkway and Yoshi Valley, 2nd on Banshee Boardwalk and that was enough to clinch it! (Thank goodness for that, I'm terrible at Rainbow Road...)
« Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 12:55:44 AM by Ultima Shadow »
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

Print