Print

Author Topic: Weekly Releases (10/1) +  (Read 394254 times)

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #1245 on: April 19, 2010, 07:26:34 PM »
Another week, another Tomba!-less PSOne Classics.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #1246 on: April 19, 2010, 09:39:09 PM »
I like how one of the bands with a song on RBN this week is called "bibleblack."

Beat City sounds like it might be sort of cool.

I hear The Misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom is really good.

« Reply #1247 on: April 21, 2010, 06:10:06 PM »
I like how one of the bands with a song on RBN this week is called "bibleblack."
They must be big Dylan Thomas fans.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #1248 on: April 21, 2010, 11:40:58 PM »
I like how one of the songs is a quote from The Iron Giant. Oh, no, wait, I don't.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #1249 on: April 24, 2010, 10:07:07 PM »
Okay, I played the first two minigames in Beat City. And...it seems like a pretty solid Rhythm Heaven clone. The premise and what I've seen of the character design is pretty wacky, though the music isn't as catchy as that in Rhythm Heaven.

« Reply #1250 on: April 26, 2010, 12:53:45 PM »
Updated 4/26

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #1251 on: April 26, 2010, 01:54:37 PM »
Record of Agarest War has an incredibly silly limited edition. Dubbed the "Really Naughty Edition," it includes the game, the soundtrack, special ecchi packaging, a pillow case (of the regular sort rather than for a dakimakura), and a breast mousepad. This is a T-rated game, mind you.

I misread that as UNO HD at first glance.

There's another Nier game that's Japan-only, and its version of the male protagonist is more anime-styled than the version of the protagonist in the one coming out here. I understand the game is also less action-oriented than the one coming out here. (I don't want to mention the other important thing about the game in case some people might consider it spoilers.)

The mere thought of a game titled Casual Mania! scares me.

Oh yeah, Super Street Fighter IV. I still haven't played vanilla Street Fighter IV, and Super isn't on PC (yet), so I probably won't play that any time soon.

« Reply #1252 on: April 26, 2010, 02:08:20 PM »
Yeah, I saw that mousepad and almost put it as the pic for this week but decided against it.

« Reply #1253 on: May 03, 2010, 03:25:46 PM »
Does Picross 3D have a Mario reference?

Ever since I heard “According to You” I thought it would make a good Rock Band song. It's a modern Top 40 song with some actual guitar shredding, which is pretty rare ATM. (Not really a complaint; I like hearing chiptune on the radio.)

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #1254 on: May 03, 2010, 10:09:07 PM »
I played a lot of Rittai Picross a few months ago and really enjoyed it, so I'll almost certainly be buying the English version. I don't remember any of the puzzles I played through being Mario-themed at all, but I didn't finish the game, so who knows?

Taito's Ray- games are for people who like the Raiden games but wish they had more lock-on lasers and (with the exception of the first game) were in 3D. RayStorm HD is a new version of the second game with updated graphics (the original version was on PlayStation hardware, and definitely looked the part) and some new game modes and ships (including the R-GEAR, which was the ship from a scrapped RayForce prequel of the same name). The $15 price tag may seem a little high, but hopefully the quality of the port is high enough that it's worth it.

« Reply #1255 on: May 10, 2010, 04:11:48 PM »
Updated 5/10

I'd play Lost Planet 2, but it's a 4-player game and I'm not sure I could field enough interested br0s ATM. Maybe.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #1256 on: May 10, 2010, 08:37:49 PM »
Amazon.com has let me down.  My preordered Picross 3D hasn't came in yet.  Of course I got it free with free super saver shipping which I think is 5 to 9 days or something, but still.  Also, I preordered 3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) from Amazon with the same deal.  Anyway, I want have much time to play either one until Saturday evening so it's not a big deal. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #1257 on: May 17, 2010, 06:22:15 PM »
Updated 5/17

BIT.TRIP RUNNER and Red Dead Redemption, w00t.

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #1258 on: May 17, 2010, 06:24:45 PM »
My birthday will be all but forgotten due to the release of Red Dead Redemption on the same day.

In all seriousness, though, it looks like a good game. I'll probably want to try it out before I commit, though.
No! I don't want that!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #1259 on: May 17, 2010, 07:21:21 PM »
Ah, Red Dead Redemption.  Another awesome-looking game that I can't play.

Also, isn't putting Kirby Super Star on VC a bit redundant at this point?  Well, in any case, it's about time.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Print