Print

Author Topic: Weekly Releases (10/1) +  (Read 393496 times)

« Reply #1320 on: August 17, 2010, 12:45:49 AM »
I hope the hallucinations are still there in some respect, too. The "freak-out" in the bank of the first was one of the coolest/most aggravating and difficult moments in my recent gaming memory. Either way, I'm going to wait on getting it until I can get together with the friend I played through the first with. Also, I gotta try out that Monday night combat.
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #1321 on: August 17, 2010, 12:46:53 AM »
Ys Seven for me.
That was a joke.

« Reply #1322 on: August 23, 2010, 11:45:16 AM »
This week:

Mafia II
Shank
Elemental: War of Magic
Harvest Moon DS: Grand Bazaar
PixelJunk Racers: 2nd Lap
Ship Simulator: Extremes
Worms Reloaded
The Bachelor: The Videogame

And for Deezer this week we have Hello Kitty Online.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #1323 on: August 28, 2010, 10:02:03 AM »
I think it's about time I had the talk about online predators with my daughter.  I'd hate to see her fall victim to someone with so many seemingly similar interests.  On the other hand, she really likes bread.

Edit:  I completely forgot about And Yet It Moves (WiiWare). 
Video:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCgKOp-8bsE
Review:  http://wiiware.nintendolife.com/reviews/2010/08/and_yet_it_moves
« Last Edit: August 28, 2010, 10:13:26 AM by Luigison »
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #1324 on: August 30, 2010, 09:16:55 PM »
This week:

Dead Rising 2: Case 0
Metroid: Other M
Valkyria Chronicles II
Coconut Dodge

Potentially a god-tier week since those first three titles all come from lineages of absolute masterworks. On the negative side, it's only the prequel to Dead RIsing 2, a different developer made Other M, and Valkyria Chronicles got downgraded to the PSP. Still.

Coconut Dodge is a PSPmini, but it has very high reviews and a following, whereas minis usually just get ignored.

For Deezer this week we have myNotebook: Pearl.

« Reply #1325 on: August 31, 2010, 12:43:33 AM »
I'm curious to know if you're going to play Dead Rising 2: Case 0. My guess is no, but your enthusiasm suggests otherwise.

« Reply #1326 on: August 31, 2010, 01:26:58 AM »
Of course I'm going to play it!

(It's not a demo, if that's why you're asking. It's an actual mini-prequel. That's what the StarCraft demo was too, now that I think about it.)

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #1327 on: August 31, 2010, 08:08:42 AM »
Any idea if Valkyria Chronicles II requires extensive knowledge of the first game? If not I'd be interested in trying it.

« Reply #1328 on: September 01, 2010, 03:28:10 AM »
I'm sure it doesn't "require" it. Just might miss some plot references and/or have the first game's overall plot spoiler'd.

I forgot to mention that Castle Crashers hit PSN this week. I didn't know they allowed retro games that ancient. HEYOOOOO

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #1329 on: September 01, 2010, 05:33:19 AM »
When I was typing my previous post I completely forgot there was an anime adaptation that was supposed to be good, so I could just watch that. Doesn't matter at all right now because I can't even try the demo of the game without a memory stick. "Free (Plus Twenty Dollars For Our Stupid Memory Card That Won't Work With Any Of Your Other Devices, But We're Sony And Know You'll Pay It)"

(I'm actually spending just under two dollars to get a third-party adapter so I can just use the 8GB microSD card I already have instead of spending $20 on a 4GB memory stick. Booyah!)

While browsing the PlayStation Store yesterday I found two (2) PlayStation minis that looked interesting enough to spend money on: MONSTERS (Probably) STOLE MY PRINCESS (which I've read good things about) and Vibes (which LD already talked about here). Of those, I definitely want to play the first, but if the second is just Gitaroo Man defense, I'd rather spend that money on Gitaroo Man Lives! (if I could find a copy of it anywhere). At any rate, that's not much of an "iPhone killer," Sony.

Also, I've just been feeling really bad for PSPgo owners lately, and seeing the availability of games in the PlayStation Store made that even worse. They:
-can't buy games when they're actually released
-aren't ensured games will hit their system, even big-name games
-can't access half the games that are already out (because apparently no one wants to buy Mega Man: Powered Up or the Metal Gear Ac!d games, or most other games that are more than two years old)
-don't own any games, ever
-are subject to whatever pricing companies want to level at them, even for games that have been out for a while and have received price drops in stores (though, for example, Patapon 2 is $2 cheaper on PSN, and R-TYPE Command is $5 cheaper; I'd probably still just buy retail copies because of that bullet point above, since apparently they rereleased Patapon 2 on UMD for $10 at some point)
-basically gave Sony an extra $80 to cover the costs of additional anal lube

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #1330 on: September 01, 2010, 07:40:42 AM »
At my store we have had exactly 1 PSPgo since launch. It has never sold. We even marked it down.
That was a joke.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #1331 on: September 02, 2010, 03:42:08 PM »
More like PSPstop.

« Reply #1332 on: September 02, 2010, 03:44:16 PM »
HEYOOOOOO

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #1333 on: September 02, 2010, 04:15:07 PM »
Oh yeah, apparently Valkyria Chronicles II ditches a good chunk of the plot from the first game. So apparently I won't really miss anything at all if I play the second one.

Also, whee, PSPgo launch jokes.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #1334 on: September 02, 2010, 05:54:22 PM »
This might be a good time for me to revive my PSP funeral idea.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

Print