Print

Author Topic: What does Nintendo have up its sleeve?  (Read 8906 times)

Luigison

• Old Person™
« on: June 16, 2012, 04:39:33 PM »
“First, what we’ve shown at the E3 show are both the launch titles that will be released with Wii U hardware this holiday season and the launch window titles that will be released early next year or not long after the hardware launch. We do have ideas of what kind of software we will be releasing after those two periods, and Mr. Miyamoto as well as I are both directly involved in the development process. Those include both our traditional franchises and of course new propositions as well. However, because we are now in the era when similar proposals can be made by the others just one year after we introduced a brand-new hardware system proposal, please understand that we really can’t say much about what else we are planning.” - Iwata

What is Retro's project? 

Star Fox? 

What is planned for NFC?  Mario and Zelda figurines? 

Super Smash Bros. 4? 

Wii U AND 3DS? 

Why the Animal Crossing 3DS silence? 

Social Gaming? 

EA Games holding out? 

DS Player? 

GCN downloads?

Professor Layton 3DS/Wii U? 

The Legend of Zelda Wii U? 

Miyamoto's FPS??? 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2012, 07:11:49 PM »
I think someone had a little too much sugar in his coffee.
"Floor ice cream gives you health!" - Pit, Kid Icarus Uprising.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2012, 09:01:14 PM »
Here are my predictions:

Nintendo will release the Wii U. People will complain about its launch line-up because it doesn't include Zelda, Metroid, F-ZERO, Star Fox, SSB4, and Half-Life 3. "Hardcore" and "mature" "gamers" will constantly insult the system, Nintendo, and the people who play their games; when confronted with logical arguments about why they're wrong about whatever they're saying, they'll say "none of that matters," "you're wrong anyway," and "Nintendo games are for kids." They'll continue to do this years after the system's launch, no matter what games are released for it and regardless of what happens with Sony and Microsoft in the meantime.

Capcom will release a Monster Hunter game for Wii U and then decide not to bring it to the US. This will **** off Monster Hunter fans, as usual. No one else will care.

Capcom will also port Street Fighter x Tekken to the Wii U. They will bring this to the US, but it will contain copious amounts of paid content, none of which is new. Players will complain because the content in question was free in the versions on other platforms, but these people will be few, as everyone else will already be sick of SFxT by the time the Wii U port is released.

A Harvest Moon game will be released early in the system's lifespan to no fanfare whatsoever. It will be popular in Japan and sell about as well as any other Harvest Moon game does in the US.

Sega will announce a Wii U iteration of Project Diva and a special Hatsune Miku-themed Wii U bundle in Japan. Preorders will sell out half an hour after the announcement. The game will never come to the US.

Sega will also release yet another Super Monkey Ball game, while Namco Bandai releases yet another Katamari Damacy sequel. These will come out early in the system's life and will be ignored by most players.

Arc System Works will port BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend to the Wii U, now the game's sixth release platform. It will contain no new content. I'll end up buying it before I get my Wii U anyway, just like with the Vita release of the game.

Pikmin 3 will be pretty cool.

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2012, 09:17:25 PM »
Metroid Dread

Really, a better question would be what doesn't Nintendo have up its sleeve? They are always working on some secret project. They're smart not to show all their games at the trade shows before they're close to finished. It saves the game for being copied/plagiarised (at least for a little while..)

Super Mario 3D Land, a near perfect blend of the 2D and 3D Mario platformers. Who predicted that one?
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2012, 09:20:03 PM »
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2012, 09:46:04 PM »
What I'm wondering is where in the heck is Luigison getting rumors of an FPS made by Miyamoto.

YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2012, 10:17:17 PM »
Hmmm.... Very interesting. You know Ocarina of Time started out as an FPS. Maybe it could be time to try again...

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2012, 10:24:24 PM »
I somehow have difficulty imaging OoT as a first-person shooter.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2012, 11:18:52 PM »
The S stands for slasher. But seriously, the game was going to be in first person until you Z targeted, which then goes into third person.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 11:22:13 PM by Electric »

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2012, 07:33:52 PM »
I remember just about [dukar]ting a brick when I heard a rumor that Twilight Princess was going to be top-down in dungeons, only zooming in for combat.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2012, 11:00:35 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coEFCMYR3iw" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coEFCMYR3iw</a>

DKCR2.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2012, 03:18:46 PM »
Namco Bandai developing the next Smash Bros game.
Unwillingly, but successfully! Twice!

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2012, 04:56:47 PM »
Star Fox? 
No.

Social Gaming? 
No. Nintendo is too scared of strangers interacting with each other in any way that isn't a pre-written message.

Professor Layton 3DS/Wii U?
Was just announced for 3DS   

Miyamoto's FPS???
I don't think that'll come anytime soon, if ever.
Formerly quite reasonable.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2012, 12:08:24 AM »
Namco Bandai developing the next Smash Bros game.
Pac-Man's stage is going to be awesome.

Lloyd Irving and Digimon Trainer would be nice too.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Print