Print

Author Topic: You Get Amazed, You Lose  (Read 153452 times)

« Reply #285 on: October 17, 2009, 12:39:07 PM »
How are his arms being supported in mid-air, is what I'd like to know...
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

« Reply #286 on: October 17, 2009, 03:21:59 PM »
How are his arms being supported in mid-air, is what I'd like to know...
... Nope, can't think of a response. Probably just glued or duct-taped them together. Maybe they're being held up by invisible strings made out of soda cases.

I'd love to see someone Photoshop together some other Mario thing using soda cases. Maybe Yoshi, just use Sprite cases for the body, Coke cases for the tongue and saddle and spikes on the back of his head, Mug Root Beer cases for the boots. Diet Dr. Pepper cases for the eyes. I believe those black cases are Coke Zero.
You didn't say wot wot.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #287 on: October 17, 2009, 06:50:19 PM »
Oh, there was some explanation... flattened boxes, I think.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #288 on: November 12, 2009, 09:48:22 AM »

« Reply #289 on: November 16, 2009, 09:16:20 PM »

Just blankly gaze at the dot field until you go cross-eyed. Seeing the desired image isn't guaranteed, as it's a matter of perception.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #290 on: November 16, 2009, 10:21:03 PM »
Did you just discover Magic Eyes? Otherwise I don't see what's amazing.

« Reply #291 on: November 16, 2009, 10:27:29 PM »
Has anyone ever mentioned that you get really cranky at night?

« Reply #292 on: November 16, 2009, 10:37:33 PM »
I guess that answers my question.

« Reply #293 on: November 16, 2009, 11:04:55 PM »
Weegee likes to toy with the inner-shipper in me.

Stop doing that. I really hate investing in stupid fictional relationships that never go anywhere.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #294 on: November 17, 2009, 02:04:00 AM »
The complete game of "Critical Path" as a YouTube interactive game. Critical Path was a really old FMV choose-your-adventure sort of game. Kat's some army gal on a mission, you and Kat travel by helicopter to the bad guy's place until it's shot down by a missile. You're injured but make your way into a control panel room, hooked up to all the rooms in the bad guy place. Kat has to travel into the place alone, and your job is to fiddle with buttons to save Kat while you're watching the security cameras tracking her every move.

In short, you have to press the right buttons at the right times to save Kat. The YouTube version reduces the choices to "let Kat live" and "let Kat die", so you won't have any trouble getting through this. Just sit back and enjoy the... horribly dated graphics and bad acting.

But this game was awesome back in the day, man. I could never get past the catwalk part... thankfully the YouTube version skips that scene entirely since Kat could die a thousand ways in that particular scene.

The YouTube version only takes about 20 minutes to play. A behind-the-scenes video (which you get to see after you finish the YouTube version) talks about the game on the news and how it's pioneering a new genre of computer games. The newscaster claims the game will take 8-9 hours to complete. And back then I'd believe it -- the control panel has like 20 buttons and you have to read a journal written by the bad guy in order to get enough clues to know what to press and when. All I cared about was getting to the end of the story, so this YouTube version's a lifesaver.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2009, 02:11:57 AM by penguinwizard »
You didn't say wot wot.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #295 on: November 30, 2009, 04:06:36 PM »
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #296 on: November 30, 2009, 04:41:12 PM »
I lost the hardest I've ever lost in this topic.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #297 on: November 30, 2009, 06:28:50 PM »
I would have lost if they hadn't altered the game's physics in the video's making, e.g. with '!' blocks that propel the player forward or perpetually friction-free floors. Points awarded for not using a girly Japanese pop song, though.

« Reply #298 on: November 30, 2009, 07:13:55 PM »
Kind of lost, since I saw it before. Do you think automatic Mario levels would go well with DJ Hero songs?
You didn't say wot wot.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #299 on: December 03, 2009, 06:18:58 PM »
A watched a bit and got the idea. Amazing? Heck yes, but I've seen it plenty of times (less so with the musical mashups, but still).

Also, ain't nothing wrong with some J-Pop.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 06:21:30 PM by ShadowBrain »

Print