Print

Author Topic: Gallery of BP  (Read 232771 times)

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #450 on: April 23, 2009, 08:07:47 PM »
In order:
Heh.
Awesome color picture.
Sounds pretty cool.
THE TICK. Is Sonic trying to use those chemicals to alchemically (because "magiscientifically" isn't a word) transform all pieces of cake into Chaos Emeralds (or vice versa)?

« Reply #451 on: April 23, 2009, 10:14:05 PM »
Heh, wow! I missed a lot of your comics! As always, keep up the good work, BP. :D
"It's vital to reflect occasionally on whether one is overdoing whatever it is one person is doing." ~Toadsworth

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #452 on: April 24, 2009, 12:25:53 AM »
SolidShroom requested a huge version of the final panel of "Ammo Belt," and since I had already drawn the powerups and Comet Observatory Rocket as separate images, I did it.

Now it has all but four of the thirty-five powerups I drew--the Poison Mushroom, the Reverse Mushroom, the Invincishroom and the Mini Mushroom. Click on it for some 1440x900 action. I'm not making a 1200x900 version unless anyone asks for it.

All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #453 on: April 24, 2009, 07:12:20 AM »
Would you make a 1200x900 version? Wow, I didn't know there was that much detail going into that.

As for the Copy Flower, if the two heads are different colors, wouldn't that create different colored clones of Mario and Luigi? (Boy, would that make that attack hard...)

Also, upon closer inspection, I noticed that you forgot the eyes on the top of the Frog Suit.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 07:14:45 AM by jdaster64 »
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #454 on: April 24, 2009, 07:43:45 AM »

Edit: What? You could just as easily say, "Since it has two heads, wouldn't that create one clone of Mario or Luigi?" I killed lots of birds with that stone--I stylized it, I retained its original colors, I kept it consistent with the other flowers in the tulip form as opposed to the oval form, and it's still easy enough to tell what it is.

If I wanted everything to look exaaaactly the waaaaay it iiiiis in the gaaaaaaames I'd make sprite comics, wouldn't I?
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 08:15:19 AM by Bird Person »
It's YOUR problem!

Rao

• Arr! Ay! Oh!
« Reply #455 on: April 24, 2009, 10:15:22 AM »
What's your problem, Cambodian?

« Reply #456 on: April 24, 2009, 02:30:02 PM »
I couldn't see the eyes, as it was in the distance, and (unlike the Tanooki and Hammer suits) the actual suit had huge, open eyes on it.  And while I'm generally OK with stylization (stylizisation, stylisation, stylizizizization?), I didn't realize it was a Copy Flower until I'd thought for some time...

EDIT:
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #457 on: April 24, 2009, 02:49:01 PM »
BirdPerson that is just as awesome as I expected. It is now my new wallpaper.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #458 on: April 24, 2009, 03:15:31 PM »
It'd be my wallpaper too if I used some sort of widescreen setup instead of 1280x960.

« Reply #459 on: April 24, 2009, 05:17:03 PM »
You are awesome BP. That will be my new desktop after work tonight.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #460 on: April 25, 2009, 04:53:41 AM »
It'd be my wallpaper too if I used some sort of widescreen setup instead of 1280x960.
It doesn't really look that bad on my 1280x960 monitor, especially since I colored the background behind the wallpaper black. It just looks like a non-starry extension of the sky.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #461 on: April 29, 2009, 11:22:14 PM »
It's YOUR problem!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #462 on: April 30, 2009, 01:43:22 PM »
Makes me wonder how things would've turned out if the SSB games released after the original went with a cartoony cel-shaded look instead of the epic, super-detailed look.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #463 on: April 30, 2009, 04:24:56 PM »
Honestly I think SSB was trying for "realism" itself, but since the graphics sucked so much you only think they were going for some sort of style.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #464 on: May 01, 2009, 10:10:53 AM »
Red, blue, green, yellow... I guess that does pop up an awful lot in SNES games. (e.g. SMW's Yoshis, Koopas, ! switches and blocks)  Makes since considering the Super Famicom's controller's color scheme.

Print