Print

Author Topic: Pokemon Topic  (Read 367190 times)

« on: May 03, 2009, 01:25:52 PM »
UPDATE: (April 10th)

POKEMON BLACK AND WHITE CONFIRMED!

http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE: (February 7th)

It looks like the Fifth Generation of Pokemon is here!

http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/First_Gen_V_Pok%C3%A9mon_revealed_in_Pok%C3%A9mon_Sunday

Check out link to see outline of new pokemon. Speculated to be the mystery pokemon of the latest Pokemon movie!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pokemon Heart Gold/Soul Silver:

Suspicion: http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Major_Pok%C3%A9mon_game_to_be_announced_this_month

Confirmation: http://pokebeach.com/#gold-and-silver-remakes-confirmed-heart-gold-and-soul-silver

“As announced by the official Japanese Pokémon Web site and TV Tokyo’s TV program information on Friday, Pokémon Sunday is set to make a “world-exclusive first announcement” in its Pokémon Game Arena segment on May 10.
The most recent episode previewed the annnouncement, showing two balls, one gold and one silver, which will be opened to unveil the announcement’s subject."

The Japanese Yahoo website has officially confirmed the existence of Gold and Silver remakes. The games are to be titled HeartGold and SoulSilver and will be released this fall in Japan. According to Bangiras, the Yahoo article states that the games are remakes in the same vein as FireRed and LeafGreen were remakes of Red and Blue. The only other fact the article states is that the games will contain new features as well as sound and graphic improvements. The translation of the article and the game logos can be seen below. The logo for HeartGold features Ho-Oh's wings in a heart formation while Lugia looks like a spirit in SoulSilver's logo.

Go to the above confirmation link to read more!

VERY exciting news. Can't wait to transfer my PKMN from Diamond to Gold!

« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 05:35:22 PM by Nintendoobsessed »

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2009, 01:38:42 PM »
It'd be rather fitting due to this year being the tenth anniversary and the DSi eventually making it impossible to get some of those Pokémon...I'd definitely buy a Silver remake. Be prepared for it to be another Wii entry and a Trozei! sequel or something equally disappointing (though I'd like the latter, since the first game was really good), though.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2009, 01:49:48 PM »
The most recent episode previewed the annnouncement, showing two balls, one gold and one silver, which will be opened to unveil the announcement’s subject.

I hadn't heard that before. Now I've no doubt that this is what I've been repeatedly wishing for.

I will really buy the Silver one. And I haven't paid for a DS game since... Planet Puzzle League?
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2009, 02:07:45 PM »
No! I don't want that!

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2009, 02:51:11 PM »
I almost certainly jizzed in my pants from hearing the news... NOT from seeing the below image. Just thought I'd clear that up before anyone saw the oppurtunity to make some snarky comment.

YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2009, 04:52:28 PM »
[insert snarky comment here]

Seriously, I'm not sure if I'll buy this thing.  I just cleaned myself out buying Platinum, and I don't want to go through another game's storyline/gyms/pokedex/battle zone again.

But all that is assuming that a G/S remake is actually what this will be.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2009, 07:44:42 AM »
Yes, yes, I heard about this... It's possible, I guess. I never played that/those game(s) too dedicated-ly, so I might look into such a remake.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2009, 08:39:20 AM »
I am definitely getting both versions, if this is indeed the G/S remake for which numerous internet users (including myself) have been begging.

I lol'd at the image because I was just looking at fatferaligatr fanart last night to share on YouChew. XD
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2009, 09:49:25 AM »
Oh yay.

Maybe if they make it half as boring and twice as fun as the originals were, it may actually be worth 35 dollars this time.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2009, 04:07:58 PM »
There is no way it will be twice as fun. It will be the same game it always is, the same game released over and over and over since the beginning and until the end.

Pokemon. Pokemon never changes.

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2009, 04:34:06 PM »
Hmm.. They're announcing it on Mother's Day..

Anyway, I skipped the G/S generation, and we only recently backtracked and got Fire Red and Emerald. I stopped playing thru Emerald because the music and sound are so grating. Why did they even bother? The Blue and Red versions sound better than this!

It will be nice to fill out my pokedex with pkmn that I've transferred myself, though. :)
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2009, 10:38:09 PM »
Nintendo, give me one good reason why I should fork over another $35 bucks to play ANOTHER remake of the Pokemon RPG series? >:|
« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 10:40:01 PM by FlamingBlueMardio »
"It's vital to reflect occasionally on whether one is overdoing whatever it is one person is doing." ~Toadsworth

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2009, 10:47:18 PM »
Well gee, aren't you a happy person. In the eyes of many pokefans, G/S/C was the best in terms of new species and plot. So, nyehh. I'll buy two copies to offset you not buying it.
No! I don't want that!

Sqrt2

« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2009, 05:16:44 AM »
If it's true I'll be getting the Silver version.

I just hope that it won't mysteriously erase all my hard work like the original kept on doing!
AA fanboy and proud!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2009, 08:52:51 AM »
That was a result of the real-time clock drinking the save battery. It wouldn't happen with a DS cart.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Print